Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human Mode Contracts and Advanced Trading  (Read 3017 times)

sopickle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Human Mode Contracts and Advanced Trading
« on: April 30, 2017, 09:53:20 am »

How can I get contracts from other races? I call a succubus caravan from my merchant's guild, but they don't have any contracts in the caravan inventory. Also I saw mention somewhere of being able to request specific crates of materials for trade. How do I do that? I'm sitting on 2M dorfbucks of masterwork textiles that I would love to trade for gold ore or steel (seems like I'd get a better deal trading with a caravan than using the merchants, especially for masterworks).

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human Mode Contracts and Advanced Trading
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 08:15:40 pm »

utilize the merchant guild south extension to call for a "diplomat" from the race you want to select goods from.  When the diplomat arrives you get the same menu when your own race liaison arrives.  go through the options setting the stuff you want to get as high priority(in other words set the contracts as high priority) and after the liaison conversation has occurred call the caravan for that race.

all of that requires that the race has an active civilization with the ability to send a liaison... but generally they do..

oh the contract item is an ITEM_TOOL so it will show up in the list of tools you can request.

warning... some actions with the succubus have generated odd behavior, I'm investigate that. so if you do end up with a working shop, let me know if you have any errors and which version of MW you are on.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Conflictx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 09:07:56 am »

You can also use the human merchant to buy a random contract for 5000 gold. Do mind that it is random and sometimes you just get a human contract, other times you can get 3 other races contracts in one go. Might be more expensive than the merchant guild, but it works if you havent build the guild yet.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 10:31:37 pm »

I know i'm necromancing a forum, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. diplomats that is. any clue why?
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 10:16:17 am »

I know i'm necromancing a forum, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. diplomats that is. any clue why?

You need to be a barony which means owning a number of sites with a combined population on ver 44.11+ rather than population/title threshold like it used to be , its mentioned on the supplied masterwork quickguide help sheet too.

The other titles matter of course, so you'll need to get raiding and having people economically link to you, which is easier on masterwork because you can fill in holes in your population from people being off-site or non migrant summoned sentients (thinking orcs caravansai migran summons or ghetto overseer for example or just buying more humans from goblin merchant, or liasons office while playing humans)

Also you can buy contracts before this step easily by just filtering out the word "contract" on the trading screen to skip to it.