Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Arms Race: Embassy  (Read 29600 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: Embassy
« Reply #300 on: December 03, 2017, 03:48:53 pm »

Why Infantry QoL is the best thing ever
They said it couldn't be done! They called us mad! Who's laughing now!?
Where other nations dedicate the time of their top weapon engineers to nothing but weapons, United Forenia dared to break the mold. What would happen, we asked, if instead of designing weapons, we designed every non-weapon piece of equipment a soldier carries? Yes, we set out to make our soldiers' lives better in numerous small ways, that would eventually add up to a substantial advantage. It's this sort of out-of-the-box thinking that sets UF apart from lesser nations.
Did you know that the Cannalans allegedly haven't designed a single new thing this entire war, but rather have been pulling stockpiled designs out of a giant folder? Truly, they epitomise the rigid thinking that shackles mankind- shackles that must be broken so that we may reach forwards to the glorious future!

The project, dubbed "Infantry Quality of Life", was a resounding success. It would be literally impossible to do better. To name but one example of QoL's many benefits, take Forenia's stylish sunglasses. Obviously they are superior to Cannala's non-existent sunglasses, but we contend that they are, in fact, the best sunglasses in the world- comfortable, effective, and safe to wear in combat. On at least one occasion, the use of sunglasses turned the tide of an entire battle, turning what could've been a defeat into glorious victory. Not only that, but that battle turned out to be a pivotal moment in the defence of Mt. Konstantin- a single pair of sunglasses was responsible for driving the Cannalans of the island.

There are, of course, foul rumours that QoL was a waste of time- but pay them no heed. Have I not outlined a true, verifiable story in which the smallest item in this groundbreaking project had massive ramifications for the war at large?
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 03, 2017, 03:50:36 pm »

The above is certified (by the Forenian Ministry of Being Absolutely Correct) as 10000% truer than Mandemons' foul, lying propaganda.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 04, 2017, 07:47:57 pm »

Lazy entry:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 04, 2017, 10:52:04 pm »

Entry:

Forenian Engineering: Tougher in Every Way
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:53:52 pm by evictedSaint »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #304 on: December 07, 2017, 10:59:32 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 21, 2017, 05:40:30 pm »

Highly original and handcrafted propaganda poster!

And yes, this is a repost, but figured I might as well.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 29, 2017, 07:00:14 pm »

Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 02, 2018, 06:17:12 am »

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:45:22 am by Mandemon »
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 02, 2018, 06:21:00 am »

Link's broken

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 02, 2018, 06:46:28 am »

Fixed now, apparently SB and B12 use slightly different tag methods.
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 26, 2018, 03:38:11 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:46:51 pm by Mandemon »
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 26, 2018, 08:36:13 pm »

Quote from: Revision Credit
  • The SARUKH was not planned years in advance.
  • The Salamander came when it was needed, as did the wildly successful Pattern F variant.
  • The Firecracker and Wasp Nest were both drafted and laid down in the same season the idea was first spoken aloud.
  • The Fair Fight and Reality Check were dreamed up, designed, and created within three months - all to meet the needs of our military and the rapidly changing battlefield.   
  • The humble Whalesong, arguably the most effective weapon we've developed in recent memory, was a spur of the moment inspiration.

Forenia has the unique and often unappreciated ability to adapt to the world around it.  We have consistently come up with unique and fresh ideas to meet each and every challenge as it appears.  Our armory is wide and diverse, with a flexible array of equipment to meet any and every need - even with such a wide coverage, our proud nation still have multiple examples of equipment that surpasses anything Cannala can or has fielded.  Where other nations would design Wunderwaffe's and spend years on development, our ability to quickly and effectively adapt is what puts us on a level playing field against an opponent who - until three months ago - was the unrivaled naval super power in the archipelago, despite having no naval experience of our own.

It is for this reason I would hold up Forenia as the shining example of what a design team should aspire to.  The most effective equipment a nation can field is that which achieves its goals, and this -

- this is what Forenia does best.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 12:42:12 am by evictedSaint »

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 10, 2018, 09:13:49 pm »

Cannalan holds up many things as proof of it's supposedly superior engineering capabilities. In their comic books and movies, weapons like the Twinblade and MAGIC missile are seen as wonder weapons sure to enact victory. Yet, Forenia still stands as defiant proof that marketing gimmicks can't win wars. I could speak to you about how the Lighting Streak firmly holds the title as the best fighter in the world, or how the Bjorn can best any other tank. However I ask the very people who are fighting the war.

-Ask the Twinblade pilot unable to turn to fight a hail of autocannon fire.
-Ask the Spearhead pilot as their missiles chase flares
-Ask the MURDER user as his tandem charge fails to defeat the armor of a Salamander
-Ask the Bull driver as his cannon is defeated by ERA
-Ask the QFS user as his rounds glance harmlessly off a soldiers Tiger armor
-Ask the Daybreaker operator as his autoloader jams.

Then you will have your answer
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 09:56:47 pm by Light forger »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 11, 2018, 12:03:53 am »

(My revision contest submission!)

Sayyid: Hello listeners, I’m Sayyid Abd al-Namur, here with Forenian Independence Radio. I stand here today in one of the offices of the Forenian Engineering Bureau with engineer Masud Zaman, who won our recent essay contest.
Masud: Hello!
Sayyid: The topic of the contest was: What makes the Forenian Engineering Bureau better than the pirates’ engineers. Masud?
Masud: Alright! Um, the Engineering Bureau is better because of its engineers. We--
A door is heard to open.
Sayyid: Excuse me, we’re holding an interview here—
Masud: E-Evy, um--
Evy?: Ahaha, yes. I know. I’m his fiancée, and I helped him write and submit the essay. In a way, I won the contest too. Where would you be without my superior Arstotzkan paperwork skills, hmm, honey?
Masud: Evy! Ah—uh-- This is embarrassing!
Sayyid: …you know what, this should work. It’s things like this that keep me coming to work anyway. Well, Masud, why don’t you introduce your fiancée?
Masud: Ah! Well, this is Evpraksiya Fedorova. She’s another engineer here!
Evpraksiya: Right, well, let’s continue the interview, yes?
Sayyid: Why we’re better.
Masud: Ah, right, sorry. We’ve got all kinds of people here, with different nationalities, different parties, different lives. I was artillery crew in the war--
Evpraksiya: --and I was an old war engineer, then one of the 1935 rebels. I’m proud PAROI and a rocketeer.
Masud: This means we have a lot of different viewpoints. Every single idea we have is challenged and improved across several lines.
Sayyid: Can you give us any examples in your careers?
Evpraksiya: Oh, plenty. We could go on all day. To start off, the Lightning Streak and Thunderbird. It was Arstotzkan air expertise that went into much of the planes, but…
Masud: Moskurg engines helped make them this blisteringly fast. Some of the Juraki guys told us about fighting the old Cannalan planes, too. The Cataphract, well, we had like six cruiser designs…
Evpraksiya: …and in the end, we argued it out, and we put out a beautiful vessel that can beat e-ve-ry single non-capital vessel in the sea.
Masud: And then there’s the project that got us together!
Evpraksiya: Ahaha, yes. The Sarukh, it was. His artillery experience was going into the portability and chassis--
Masud: Look, I know what designs suck to pull around--
Evpraksiya: And my rocket experience was some of what was going into the weapon itself. What started out as an argument about the moorings’ stress capacities turned into something else entirely. And the Sarukh has kicked the Cannalans around everywhere it’s been, ahahahaha.
Masud: Look… I remember the bad old days.
Evpraksiya: …I think we all do.
Masud: In the closing days of that war, both the old countries only had themselves to work with. And… we lost our minds, didn’t we?
Another silence.
Evpraksiya: But we fought for a United Forenia, and it’s different now.
Masud: Yes… we work better now. We check each other, temper each other, bring up things that we never would have thought of on our own, we talk, we argue and that’s why we don’t spend so much time on things like the Twinblade. It’s this diversity of views that makes Forenia better.
Evpraksiya: And it’s made Masud and I very happy, too.
Masud: But the Cannalans… one dominant people, one political path, and fewer ways of life. That doesn’t sound like a breeding ground for thought to me, it sounds miserable. And that’s why they’re going mad, like we once did. That’s why we’re better.
Sayyid: I think that caps it off. Thank you, Masud, Evpraksiya. And thank you, listeners.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 01:07:52 am by Powder Miner »

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 13, 2018, 01:14:22 pm »

█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22