Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advanced World Generation Parameter questions  (Read 646 times)

kjikkii

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Advanced World Generation Parameter questions
« on: April 30, 2017, 05:21:03 pm »

I want a world that has a lot of deserts, volcanoes, and rivers. Can someone point me to the right parameters to achieve such a world?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced World Generation Parameter questions
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 04:41:19 am »

I assume you've tried the wiki and failed to find the parameter that specifies the minimum number of volcanoes?

The best way to achieve this first one is to use the built in world editor or my tweakmap to build an artificial PSV based world (where you'd select as many tiles as you want to have desert parameters and a sufficient number of tiles to have Volcanism = 100 to allow volcanoes on them).

As to (lakes and) rivers I don't know how to influence those, although rivers run from high terrain to lower, are fueled by water that presumably arrived as rainfall (which you won't have much of in deserts), and my unverified guess is that the less water penetrating the soil the more should run off into waterways.

Also remember that humans need plains and elves forests to be able to settle, and the savagery mustn't be too high there.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 05:37:35 pm »

Two of your requests are a bit at odds with each other. Deserts require low rainfall and rivers are fed by rainfall.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 01:32:31 am »

You might go with high variance on rainfall and weight up the extremes. So many places to start rivers and many deserts. Hopefully they cross them near a volcano.
For volcanisme you can up the highs but be prepared that iron ore grows in sedementary layers.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime