Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Super-soldier Troll?  (Read 540 times)

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Super-soldier Troll?
« on: May 03, 2017, 02:39:24 pm »

So during adventure mode, my retired fortress, Crewedhelm got attacked in a off-screen world activation thing, by a single troll, a regular-ass goblin-civ typee troll, who singlehandly killed almost 120 dwarves and humans countless dogs and pack animals, only to be slain by a yak cow. Apparently that troll was the only creature the local goblin civ sent, (no doubt that I was perpetrating massacres against goblin civ sites in adventure mode) yet it killed more than half the denizens of Crewedhelm.

So, what the hell happened here? The fort had 28 dwarves when I retired it and it apparently soon filled with dozens of dwarf and human merchants and had a population of 200+ for some reason. In my mind's narrative they invented corporations and that was a stock exchange. Like they bought and sold finacial instruments based on the value of all the sweet weapons I had sitting around in bins. Anyways the fort was run essentially as a weapons factory run by soldiers when I retired it. But why such a one-sided slaughter?

Is this the game doing poetic justice and punishing me for singlehandly slaying half that goblin civ? I have a screen shot of the legends mode battle but I can't figure out how to upload photos here.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Super-soldier Troll?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 05:06:50 pm »

Battles outside of player contexts (i.e. active fortresses and probably adventure mode) are handled in an odd fashion as a long series of 1:1 duels, if I understand it correctly. In addition to this, I don't think equipment is taken into consideration either.

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Super-soldier Troll?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 05:48:04 pm »

Battles outside of player contexts (i.e. active fortresses and probably adventure mode) are handled in an odd fashion as a long series of 1:1 duels, if I understand it correctly. In addition to this, I don't think equipment is taken into consideration either.
I've heard this before, but wow. Like one troll killed half the population of a well defended fortress in a single rampage. I've never seen anything similar in any worldgen confict. I get that he probably killed mostly randomly generated 'merchant' NPCs and their pack animals, but wow.