Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Those in the industry for a while, what's your sales tips for high value items?  (Read 838 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I'm actually running at a loss in understanding what to do with the situation. I want to sell high value items such as housing properties or a friend's vehicle as I'm getting a portion of the pay as agreed. While this would be a pain to do given I'm not officially contracted, any money helps so I can actually start amassing and investing capital on items to actually sell on my own in the first place.

Respectively, a brother who I am in good terms with wants to sell some house and also asking for sales tips as well as he hasn't closed a deal yet, and a different friend sells gasoline by the bulk for cheaper the market price.

I want to capitalize on these opportunities, but I'm lacking in proper approaches, anyone in the industry care to share some tips?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

I started my own company last year, after I met someone willing to be partner on half of it: I've been living with him ever since.

Here is what I have learned in the cutthroat world of business: everyone makes mistakes, it never goes as fast as you planned, and there's always going to be at least one crisis. If you think like this every day, you will have absolutely no worries in the field, and you will be able to compete/coordinate/cooperate in the field and establish your network that hopefully will persist into off-planet endeavo(u)rs.

What I mean to say is that you should be very cautious about spending money, learn all you can about maintenance of housing/gasoline storage/gasoline storage facilities. Learn to be the electrician/painter/plumber/handyman so you know the warehouse best!  This way while your friends are waiting for their inventory to sell, you're making sure their inventory is still in peak condition and will stay that way.

TL;DR be the person that is the preserver/durability maintainer/handyjackofalltrades
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

...Good luck?

But get things in writing, seriously.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.