Poll

Which embark should we pick?

Embark 1: The Lonely Island
Embark 2: The Crowded Coast
Embark 3: The Mirthful Glacier
Embark 4: The Dry Desert
Embark 5: The New Cape

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: The Tales of Crowdedcoast, a Colonial Fortress{Always looking for new Governors}  (Read 14417 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

9th of Moonstone, 124:
We have had some issues concerning food storage. Even though we have plenty of barrels and pots, my dwarfs refuse to store prepared meals in them. Almost all our food is prepared as of now, so this is threatening. Luckily the aquifer presents us with a steady supply of clean water, so my dwarfs will never die of thirst.

Food rotting away outside, spoilt because of exposure

17th of Moonstone, 124:
I have finally managed to locate my corpse: perched atop the tower outside. I must have locked myself outside, and starved to death up there. Such a foolish mistake. Why did I not just climb down, in the name of the Gods? I would have easily survived the fall. I guess I was a coward in life.

Lemonpie's corpse

23rd of Moonstone, 124:
Something keeps scaring our animals. At first, I thought it might have been my ethereal form, which had started to become visible to all. But, it was not the case it seemed. I almost ectoplasm'd my pants when I suddenly heard a shrieking laughter coming from a bush next to me. Then, I saw it. A dog-like mammal, laughing. I must be going crazy.

The risen ghost of Lemonpie, and a traveling pack of hyenas.

11th of Opal, 124:
Food has run out completely. I wondered how it could be. After all, I had two dedicated herbalists working around the clock to harvest a variety of plants growing outside. Were the gathering areas plucked empty? I immediately ordered my herbalists to harvest plants elswhere, but they were... otherwise occupied. It seems herbalists suffer in this fortress. Where they first fought immensely after my death, the two of them were now stuck in a tree. Someone most likely took their stepladder away from underneath them whilst they were plucking fruit. At least I could pinpoint why we were short on food, and I ordered one of our horse foals to be butchered.

Two starving herbalists, stuck in a tree. They lived of larvae and bugs for weeks before they were "rescued"

12th of Opal, 124:
I've ordered the trees in whence the herbalists currently sit to be cut down. They refuse to climb down, even after I constructed ramps for them to climb down with. Things did not go as I planned them.

Horrific scenes displayed after the fall of the tree

Such horrible injuries. Such a travesty. Poor Goden. This fortress is truly cursed for anyone bearing the title of herbalist. I looked in horror as Goden ran back to the fortress, desperately clutching a gaping hole the size of an apple in his neck. Blood spurted everywhere as he ran, hoping to make it to the hospital in time. Eventually, he collapsed halfway there, in the middle of our farmer's workshop. The poor soul even left a wife and children to fend for themselves. I shall memorize him in a honourable way.

Goden's last, blood covered yards.

20th of Opal, 124:
My dwarfs now refuse to harvest. All of them. Food is withering away on the surface, while they are starving inside. I do not understand. What is wrong with them? Has living carelessly made them weak? At Iden, the other herbalist, seems to have healed. He walks around again, harvesting plants in the wild. He will still need time to recover fully though.

Many crops withering away on the fertile lands, as the dwarfs refuse to even acknowledge their existence.

13th of Obsidian, 124:
The entrance is finished. Loaded crossbow-traps defend the limestone path inside, allowing for the safe passage of merchants without risking the inside to threats outside. The measures will need to be stepped up later, though.

Menacing contraptions defending the gate from intruders.

28th of Obsidian, 124:
Food is of the greatest importance now. Yet I feel my powers fading away. Another must take over for me. I am no longer a capable leader. I doubt if I ever was, but the past must be left alone. My tomb, and Goden's too, have been finished. I can feel how my corpse is softly put in a coffin. I can feel the Gods, the warmth of heaven. I am sorry, but I am no more.

Until the next life.

Well, the first turn is done! Here's the save!
Mate888, it's your turn now. Lead us to greatness!

Alpha, I've added you to the turnlist. I'll take the turn after yours for myself.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

Could you post the save again? It wouldn't let me play it and when I tried changing the tileset back to ascii it said that it had broken raws.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh my, that doesn't sound right. I'll reupload it tomorrow as soon as I get to my pc.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I've tried it myself and this one works. I'm guessing something went wrong with uploading to dffd.

Here's the proper save. If it doesn't work for you I think it might just be your raws that are broken, idk. But I think it'll work this time, as for a reason unbeknownst to me the file is suddenly 3mb smaller even though I let it run for about two ingame days.

Please let me know if it works!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently I linked a wrong link, whoops.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12894

This one should do it.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

Great! I'll download it as soon as my computer decides to behave more like a computer and less like a toaster.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

My winrar appears to be broken, so I'll give the turn to the next one in line and see if I can fix it next time.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 06:26:34 pm by mate888 »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, shame :(.
I've moved you down the list, meaning FakerFangirl is next.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

I gotchu. One year of glorious mandates from yours truly. Hope you Crowdedcoastians are ready to get filthy rich. DEATH TO HYENAS!
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

A disappointingly peaceful year.

The Dwarven trader is buying battle axes, meat, cloth, PREPARED MEALS, cheese, figurines, splints, and windows. He should arrive in Limestone.

I recommend Etur Kivishgusil as nobility since he has empathy and a fancy room.

The Crowdedcoastians have made The Inky Library, The Sanctum of Equivalence, and The Sugars of Garnishing. The latter may need beds for visitors.

Our population has risen from 13 dwarves to 50 dwarves (full credit to myself, of course) and I have assigned most of them into the 'peasant' squads.

We made a mechanisms and face veil artifact, for use at the public well and by squad Fancyclothes. Note that the peasant squads are untrained, and ill-suited for combat. I just want them wielding training axes (just in case).

In the future I would like to mine copper, create a waterfall, and OF COURSE - delve DEEPER!!

There is also a lovely tomb, because you can never have too many coffins8)

Zefon Is The Best

Keys to the Fort
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 04:27:37 pm by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was quite quick I must admit! Methereal is next, sent you a pm.

I've also never seen a face veil as an artifact, nicely done.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Methereal has failed to respond within time; next up is Alpha Loves you.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

Methereal has failed to respond within time; next up is Alpha Loves you.
Sure, i'll start tomorrow

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

Spring

1st of Granite: We have a depressing lack of bedrooms, that's the first thing to change
2nd of Granite: we also have no forge, that's the second thing to change
7th of granite: whoever though it would be a good idea to use all our gold to make armour racks.... is a lovely person who wasted all our gold...
15th of Granite: The elves are here
18th of Granite: The elves were selling a breeding pair of cougars, I bought them, I have no regrets
5th of Slate: Ducim, a recruit has given birth to a boy. in 13 years, we'll have 1 working dwarf. Good investment
6th of Slate: Ustuth, a miner has also given birth to a boy.
10th of Slate: I found some Gelena, meaning our trade goods have been upgraded from gold to Electrum. You'll all be welcome soon.
17th of Slate: The elves have left, thanks for the cougars you hippies
21st of Slate: Migrants, we have:
1 x Admin
4 x Farmers
5 x Rangers (!)
2 x Threshers
3 x Peasants
1 x Trapper
4 x Fishery workers
1 x Stonecrafter
2 x Babies
1 x Gelder
1 x Clothier
1 x Leatherworker
1 x Glazer
our total number of dwarfs is now 79 after that HUGE immigration wave.
10th of Felsite: Kivish, our bookkeeper has given birth to yet another boy. Looks like we have enough dwarfs for a barony
25th of Felsite: Our booze supply is running low, time to start drinking sea water as a last resort.

I'll upload a season a day, so expect another 3 months tomorrow.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice, those cougars are a great addition! There should be some fresh water from the aquifer around though.

Could you dorf me as any of the full time melee military dwarfs btw, named Lemonpie II? I don't think I redorfed myself when my previous dwarf perished.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8