Poll

Which embark should we pick?

Embark 1: The Lonely Island
Embark 2: The Crowded Coast
Embark 3: The Mirthful Glacier
Embark 4: The Dry Desert
Embark 5: The New Cape

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: The Tales of Crowdedcoast, a Colonial Fortress{Always looking for new Governors}  (Read 14382 times)

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

Egh, my Winrar is still broken.
Alpha, could you upload the unzipped save to another site?
I always use 7-zip, but I can upload it to MEGA if you want

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

Sure.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

Sure.
MEGA is a nightmare but here it is:
https://mega.nz/#!RCB0xRzb!JDry78fQ-JJA8ssxTmOSqm2BmU587m4LVaOU6T2QsOE
It's in a ZIP folder so it shouldn't need Winrar

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

Sure.
MEGA is a nightmare but here it is:
https://mega.nz/#!RCB0xRzb!JDry78fQ-JJA8ssxTmOSqm2BmU587m4LVaOU6T2QsOE
It's in a ZIP folder so it shouldn't need Winrar
I'll download it as soon as my computer decides to catch any internet.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

Nope, still broken.
Just delete me from the player list, it'll be a waste of time otherwise.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

Well, I think I might just know the solution: not zipping the file at all. Just the normal file, uploaded somewhere without being encrypted (no winrar or 7zip) hosted somewhere.

I'd do it myself but I'm limited to mobile right now. Could anyone else try it?

Edit: have you tried reinstalling/coinstallimg (vanilla) df 0.43.05? Maybe your DF is corrupted or you're using something along the lines of the lazy newb pack that interferes with it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 03:44:28 pm by Lord_lemonpie »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, since no one replied I'm going to pass the turn to FakerFangirl. Message sent.

Also, does no one else want a turn? There's been so many cancellations, and I can't take one on myself atm so the waitlist is a little empty.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

so is anyone taking a turn or is this fort kill?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it's hypothetically still alive. But both FakerFangirl and O aren't able to play for the next few days. Since there's nog ons else in the waitlist the fort is temporarily paused.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm back earlier than expected! I'll take a turn Asap

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

What the hell, i'll take a turn after faker fangirl

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

Go ahead when lemonpie posts the save. I'm busy all weekend. I'll take a turn after yours, Alpha.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Can I join?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I join?
of course, I'll add you to the list.

The savegame is incredibly slow btw due to the enormous population. Update soon.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spring 127:

Gods, this fortress is crowded. Hundreds of dwarves and animals inhabit it like a festering wound full of activity. I don't like it. Not a single bit. I'm a man of few words, usually, which you will probably see from the way I keep this Governor's diary. Drawing though, that I like.

The possessed farmer has been gathering items like a hamster. This fortune of resources will be made into something worth a lot, though I suspect it will be a useless wooden trinket of sorts.

Turns out I was right. Beautiful, but useless. Just like our broker, who can't even appraise it.

The appraiser was still useless when the elves arrived. I don't know how much I paid, but we managed to secure these critters. The cougars have been breeding like rabbits, with four cubs now roaming the fort. This other female will increase the breeding stock, and thus our menagerie of dangerous wildlife. The cheetah is wonderful too.

Continuing on the topic of uselessness, Cog, one of our farmers, refused to oblige the mayor's mandate. As he was manning the balista, he completely ignored her wishes. Prophet beat him to a bloody pulp with his bare hands as punishment. He did not survive. One less maggot in this crawling hole. I think I like Prophet.

The balista Cog was tending to was ought to protect us from dangers below. Yet, we hadn't even found any caverns yet. I changed it. Still no proper metals though - only gold and tin. Nothing we can turn into weapons.

The army was in a complete and utter mess when I arrived - people lacking equipment, armed peasants running around, and some odd guy wearing a face veil is what we had to work with. The army even trained in odd caverns. I reformed the militia, and had some new barracks dug out. Equipment remains an issue though.

I've ordered the dwarves to smooth the bedrooms - everyone likes some comfort, right?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8