Other Projects > Other Games

Worlds Adrift

(1/13) > >>

Roboson:
Just posting here to see if any other DF players also got into the Worlds Adrift alpha. If there are enough players, we could terrorize the skies and explore the world in the name of Armok.

Urist McScoopbeard:
Link + Description mate.

EDIT: having said that, it looks awesome.

Shadowlord:
I can't say as I've heard of this yet.

Edit:
* after googling *

--- Quote ---We’re the makers of the mega-games Surgeon Simulator, I am Bread and the upcoming MMO Worlds Adrift
--- End quote ---

What.

Rift:
Worlds Adrift
Website Description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Worlds Adrift is a persistent sandbox – every tree that falls and every item crafted will exist and remain where it is forever, until you or someone else interacts with it. Attack creatures and they’ll respond. Defeat a ship and its wreckage plummets to the ground where it will rust through the passage of time, or until another player harvests it.
Explore the skies in your own unique skyship of any shape or size that you desire, your options are limitless. Your choice of design will have a direct consequence on how the ship performs in its speed, combat and fuel range, so choose wisely.
Gain strength in numbers by teaming up with other players to build, share equipment and grow your power together. Join an alliance to explore, attack and defend the world as you and your party see fit. Create unique roles on the same ship so you have each other’s backs.
Everything that moves and everything you touch has its own particular weight and physics. Only the most masterful crews and the strongest skyships will penetrate the powerful wind walls and use physics to their advantage to unleash devastating attacks.
Join thousands of players in a shared world at the same time and explore a vast sky of procedurally generated islands. In Worlds Adrift, your experience isn’t limited to just playing with a small number of people. Using SpatialOS, you can now play on a scale that has never been achieved before…
Experience truly emergent game play with no set missions or quests in a huge multilayer sandbox. There’s no XP or leveling-up, your progress and skill will be driven by accumulating knowledge and artefacts, not by mouse clicks. With no rules or boundaries, you create your own adventures.
uh, my tldr description as someone who has played it a fair amount on and off.. It's Gun's of Icarus Online with ships you make/design yourself in a MMO world where you explore fairly interesting floating islands looking for chests that contain junk and blueprints for new ship-parts. You also do some 'research' that amounts to scanning lots of weird cylinder things to slowly improve a few parts like better engines/wings/cannons. Also, the movement is pretty good. Grapple-hooking around is fun, and gliders are cool (but you have to find the tech for them, or have someone who does make it for you). Still has -some- loading-islands-in-lag. And theres still the occasional physics bug, but its not unplayable or anything.

It shines, like most multiplayer games, when your with a group all working on the same ship and meeting/harassing other players... it's a bit lonely/meditative alone.. since you spent tons of time just flying through majestic clouds/around islands and exploring ruins. There are a few enemy-monsters who seem to have gotten a bit harder to deal with the last big patch, but nothing that scary.

--- Quote from: Shadowlord on May 04, 2017, 03:02:30 am ---I can't say as I've heard of this yet.

Edit:
* after googling *

--- Quote ---We’re the makers of the mega-games Surgeon Simulator, I am Bread and the upcoming MMO Worlds Adrift
--- End quote ---

What.

--- End quote ---
...yeah, lifes weird. But it is in a playable if not amazing state.. so i guess they know what they are doing at-least on the small? (there cant of been more then a few thousand players at once) scale closed alpha level. They actually do twitch streams with some of the developers most weeks, and you can directly talk to them via discord at times... so they are pretty good community communication-wise.

Urist McScoopbeard:
From everything I've seen, if they can just make solo play more interesting this'll be a great game. Seems like a little too much exploration, not enough fighting right now too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version