Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 72hr Hotseat Multiplayer: Osmlo Tosnung  (Read 3948 times)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
72hr Hotseat Multiplayer: Osmlo Tosnung
« on: May 04, 2017, 12:27:39 pm »

You drink a draft of ale too many, and pass out...
When you awake? Blood.
A troll lies decapitated at the entrance to your home.
Further inward, the corpses of your friends, underneath rows of bolt-spattered goblins.
The blood soaks through your socks, and you steal a new pair from your fallen comrades. They won't be needing them.
You are about to loot a hefty battleaxe from a dead goblin when you hear a wheelbarrow clattering up the stairs.
Praising God, you step forth to reveal yourself to your surviving brethren but stop short, as the sound of cave spider shoes echoes up from the stairwell.
You hear a goblin cursing. The nobles had banned cave spider thread. Nobody in the fort wears cave spider shoes. Unless..?
Taking precaution, you hide inside a workshop and listen.
The wheelbarrow passes you by. You sneak a glance at a heap of lifeless Dwarf bodies.
You are filled with rage! You grab an axe, and charge the goblin from behind!
But after slaying your foe, you stare at the bloody corpses of your comrades. Stacked in a pile.
There is nothing you can do.
You must live to fight another day.
You painstakingly survive in secret. Pilfering supplies from the newly-conquered goblin fortress until you find six surviving refugees to join you.
This was the last Mountainhome.
There are no other nations to go to.
The humans have long ago succumbed to evil.
The elves - if they exist - are hidden by the deepest, most savage forests known to Dwarfdom.
And your home... The last bastion of civilization against the rampaging goblin hordes?
Gone.
The final nation.
This continent has no future for you.
You must gather supplies, and trek across the polar ice sheets. Make your way off your continent, and pray to God that your party of seven can find a new land. A new home. Free of goblin tyranny!
Or die trying.

This is a world succession game with four rules:
1) Everyone embarks their own fort. You can only control a fort/adventurer that you created. (You can however, attack other players' forts in adventure mode, recruit veteran adventurers, or "borrow" as many items as you see fit!)
2) You have three days to manifest your will. Bringer of Destruction? Peaceful Ruler? Or Vengeful Adventurer? The fate of the world rests in your hands.
3) No mods; we are playing on version 0.43.05!
4) Post a screenshot and list your accomplishments! Retire your fort and upload your save file so that the next person can play. You are allowed to unretire anything with the owner's permission.

Note: I have 146 hours of gameplay on this region. You are welcome to join me! Let me know if you would like a Youtube video made of your fort. Here are some screenshots!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

First slot is up for grabs! May The Fourth Be With You
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:13:39 pm by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: 72hr Hotseat Multiplayer: Osmlo Tosnung
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 01:48:43 pm »

Welp! I'll start turn 1, and upload my adventure tomorrow (or once someone posts). Trying to save turtles from extinction!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 03:14:11 pm »

Ptw, looks quite promising! Might take on a turn later.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Daisy Swiftchances
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 06:44:29 am »

Download: Region File
If anyone wants a steel axe there's one inside the northeastern entrance of Taremturel. There should also be tons of bolts and mercenaries in Uristkol. Just climb under the frozen river and keep following the wall on your right to get to the lower levels. If you see a few corpses feel free to haul them outside :)
(Edit: The river's probably blocked by a floodgate. Just follow the path of goblin loot to get in the fort. Go downstairs then turn right at the dead troglodyte (in the first screenshot of the opening post) and the weapons stockpile is right there in the barracks - you can't miss it!)

Do I have to assign a mead hall before retiring my adventurer?

I asked my companions to help me build a shelter.
Oh god. My companions started killing each other.

When I told the murdererer I was traumatized by him killing my female friend he bragged about acquiring something.
This is right after he randomly killed half a dozen innocent monkeys.
I tried to avenge my female comrade.

But... No matter how hard I kept hacking away at his neck, I couldn't pierce the armour...
His eyes...
After I pierced his body with several arrows he looked so terrified... Wheezing for breath.
Even the Goddess of Healing can't save you now.
I'm scarred for life.
I must bury the evidence.
No one must know.
What if I'm blamed for the murder?
I still remember him beating my friend to death as I watched in horror - begging them to stop!
The stream has washed away the corpses,
but it will never wash away the blood on my hands.
Got back home and bragged about my past violent acts.
Oops? Secret's out.
Captured a town and two camps.
As soon as I finished making a door and joining my companion with construction he decided to ditch me.
That's when the bogeymen attacked.
I missed at least 40 strikes in a row. Easiest strike, normal strike, difficult strike... Precision, quick, normal... Hacking, slashing, stabbing... Next time I'm staying indoors every nightfall.

The bogeymen found me in my locked house.
This time I came prepared:
Maxed-out spatial sense and axe mastery!
I somehow managed to miss 30 times in a row.
I give up. Did I forget to assign rooms?
Nothing can stop them! And I've exhausted the supply of locals.

It is up to you to save these lands... (Or Destroy Them)

:'(
Don't t̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶a̶l̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶,
l̶e̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶e̶d̶,
o̶v̶e̶r̶r̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶a̶n̶i̶o̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶,
f̶o̶r̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶i̶g̶n̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶m̶p̶,
f̶o̶r̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶t̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶,
f̶o̶r̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶s̶,
try to avoid having fun,
or the bogeyman will get you.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:14:38 pm by FakerFangirl »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 07:34:57 am »

You know what? I'm taking a turn right now. Time for adventure!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 05:41:34 am »

I'll take the next turn when you're done.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 12:17:53 pm »

We have finally finished what we came for. Dungeontown stands, and the Dungeon is finished.

It all started in the year 18, when his Grace the King gave us the objective of building a dungeon for adventurers to explore. A fine objective. The only con was that the king had only given us about two years to finish it. After hearing this, the grand plans I had needed to be torn to shreds. It would be a beautiful dungeon, but it would be small and short. There would be treasure inside, and the danger was not that great. It would be a short and easy adventure to go in. I present to you, ladies and gents, THE DUNGEON!

Meanwhile, far above this maze stands Dungeontown, a small village at the crossing of two major rivers.

The stories we have to tell of the two years we spent here are plentiful, both absurd and touching. Hordes of murderous swimming badgers drowning people and jumping of waterfalls, a year without axes in a surface-based fortress, coyotes everywhere, panicking merchants leaving their belongings everywhere and wildlife getting lost in a hidden underground labyrinth. But most of all, we finished the dungeon. And at its end lies a great treasure, worth more than half of the fortress.

So go explore it!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 12:42:32 pm »

Haha! You're one step ahead :)
Nice. I will visit once I've completed my tortoise conservation effort.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Lots of fuuun!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 01:23:26 pm »

Alright. Lots of fun!

I have a few pages of notes and screenshots that I am going to share after taking a nap. Escaped a Giant Dingo ambush, fell off a waterfall, killed a minotaur, settled a brawl, had my arm lopped off by a trap in DungeonTown (and drowned), buried (most of) my previous adventurers in caskets, constructed The Deep Inn to help equip adventurers trying to save an Elven civilization, tunneled through two layers of aquifer, learned that grates are furniture, and got foiled by diagonal flooding and flooded staircases.

Reclaimed Kubuktogum after the Cloudy Daggers civilization went extinct.

If someone could reclaim Tulonshed that would be GREAT. The fort Roadorder was founded by the group The Tool of Hermits, by the The Systemic Vault civilization! Nunok Senseskinny killed King Minkot Foughtringed. Tombmoments was the last surviving dwarf. The Artifact of Gulfs is on the brink of collapse and my expansion Beermountain was wiped out by a giant cave spider in year 14 (seems to be an ant woman colony now). So yeah! Tulonshed was a world gen fort of The Systemic Vault. Its halls are silent.

tl;dr - Can someone please save The Artifact of Gulfs from the same fate?

Save file - http://www.mediafire.com/file/79j1rrrj9qr5o4q/Osmlo+Tosnung+May+9.rar

Edit: TOO LATE!! I am loading up the save file and gonna raid some goblins. Message me and I will retire.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:15:57 pm by FakerFangirl »

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
NieR:Automata
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 02:00:01 pm »

2B is a dwarven axelady ruling Beer:Autumnattack. She was wandering around with a wolf paw in her teeth. So that's what scared the other wolves off  8) Luckily, the wolves and coyotes were happy to oblige her legendary dodger aspiration by missing her all day while being hugged to death! Literally hugged.

She also slew Graspempty the troll... Looks like his grabs came up empty-handed  ;)

2B successfully achieved her life's goal of raiding a goblin pit. AND survived after taking out SEVERAL goblin soldiers from Terrortire - everyone was armed to the teeth with steel, iron, and silver equipment! Her chapter of adventure is over, but with her companions in Autumnattack, 2B Bluntcrystals will continue to defend The Artifact of Gulfs from goblin uprisings!

Alright guys ;D save file is up for the taking! Play Now

Edit: TOO LATE! Taking another turn or until my adventurer dies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TfXDC2iERg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDno7n5n7eY&t=5h18m51s
Edit(2): I died. But... Gonna keep playing until someone posts/messages me.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:40:15 pm by FakerFangirl »

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 01:10:25 am »

"Hello this is the excitement-delivery crew!"

No beer for the Elf Queen.
But I'm an elf!!

I took down four bogeymen!

Not doing so well vs the fifth...

I shoulda chopped his foot off  :-[
Noooo! Oh, so sad...

How did he get that axe?
Seriously how did he get that.

Gobbo DOWN!!!

That's pretty dangerous.

Ha!

Unretired The Deep Inn. Aquifers are the worst. Not one aquifer but TWO! The pump operator has gone insane...

And we met some odd characters.

And the cats are doing well.
http://orig01.deviantart.net/1b8a/f/2017/172/e/4/deep_inn_cats_2_snap_by_phenoca-dbdl4yc.png
There are lots of traps and weapons at the entrance to The Deep Inn (adjacent to the trading post)! More weapons down below, in the barracks, below the 2nd set of workshops (stairs are on the far left).

And here's the RAWR! http://www.mediafire.com/file/emburszjakcgjv4/Osmlo+Tosnung+June+22.rar

It is now year 31. My how the world has changed!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:20:20 pm by FakerFangirl »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 12:16:09 pm »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 07:04:09 pm »

Alright, I'm giving this a crack. 

Currently exporting legends so I can peruse history, monarchs, deities to pick an embark. 

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[72hr Hotseat] Outpost: Pale (intro)
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 11:29:39 am »

Introduction

The Subtle Armors is the dwarven civilization ruled by King Shorast Leapshield since his reign on year 17.  The population remains at 451 dwarves.  There is an active war since year 9.  “The War of Cremating” has been defended well against elves of The Hopeful Cactus.

An expedition is commissioned to establish the outpost Pale far away from the war towards the south to secure the supply lines.  May Zasit the War of Burning, the deity of fortresses and war bless Pale.
Spoiler: The War of Cremating (click to show/hide)

Dramatis Personae
The Bridge of Burning
Blend, a miner
Fiddler, an axedwarf
Hellian, a speardwarf
Kalam, an axedwarf
Mallet, a doctor, and expedition leader of Pale
Picker, a miner
Whiskeyjack, a hammerdwarf

Autumn, 31
Outpost Pale occupies a piece of earth bordered to the west by The Forest of Lamenting, and to the east by The Square Dune.
An image is engraved on the side of the wagon.  The Bridge of Burning is an image of stones and a circle.  The circle is smeared out into a spiral.  The stones are burning.
Spoiler: Outpost Pale (click to show/hide)

Late-Winter, 31
A wooden building is constructed using purple glumprong logs to surround and enclose the wagon.  Two levels down reveals damp yellow sand, so temporary workshops, food services, and The Girdled Mouth tavern is opened on the dirt level.

The yak and water buffalos were butchered, and soon their skin and hair turned in reanimated corpses.  The Blunt Silvers, lead by commander Whiskeyjack, and Spear Maidens, lead by Hellian dispatched the undead.  Sapper Brigade is also established with Picker and Blend to help using their miner’s picks. 

By winter’s end, the booze count is low.  There are a couple of humans visiting the tavern.  A few dwarfs dabble in gathering nearby plants so Mallet can dabble in making booze.

Commander Whiskeyjack spent his time in carpentry and managed to make masterwork chest and door for the tavern.  And there are seven private quarters for the residents.
Spoiler: Pale facilities (click to show/hide)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 09:27:52 am »

Ch 1: Pale's Walls

Spring, 32

Mallet spends time farming, making soap, and opened the hospital with a well.

Picker and Blend are breaching the aquifer using wooden screw pumps, and portable water drains at the bottom.

Whiskeyjack continues making barrels and wood furnitures for the hospital.

Fiddler, Kalam, and Hellian smelted all the ores.  Bronze and silver weapons are made, with a few bronze armor pieces.

An elven caravan from Nelarelulo has arrived.  Although suspicious, these aren’t the same elves we are at war with.  Whiskeyjack built a trade depot out of glumprong logs.  The tetrahedrites are smelted and some copper serrated discs are made for trade.

Summer, 32

A couple of traction benches and operating tables are added to the hospital.

The aquifer breach is complete with a mist generator for the stairs heading towards common areas in the basalt stone level.

More trees are cut on the surface, and the low hills are slowly being channeled to flatten the surface and provide greater visibility.

A human caravan and a Guild Representative from Mong Kisnast has arrived.  Mallet requested gold bars, ramie and papyrus seeds, morning stars, whips, and any instruments.  Copper serrated discs and a couple barrels of lavish meals are traded.

The Bridgeburns, 2nd detachment arrived:
Drawfist, a farmer, speardwarf recruit
Fellisin, a farmer, speardwarf recruit
Fellisin Younger, a child of 5
Koryk, a clothier
Leoman, a shearer, a hammerdwarf recruit
Ramp, a woodcrafter
Uru Hela, a cook

Autumn, 32

The kobold thieves Dulu, Tlaf, and Dlay have been spotted near the depot and fled away.

A caravan from our capital Ozortosid has arrived.  Lavish meals are traded for steel items, food, cloth and leather.

The Bridgeburns, 3rd detachment arrived:
Bucklund, a miner
Korlat, a glassmaker
Kilava, a farmer
Neller, a wood cutter, axe dwarf recruit

Winter, 32

Pale’s basalt walls are erected with a shallow moat.

A communal sleeping quarters are made available with private storage.

An indoor garbage disposal pit is dug through the aquifer, but still need the smashing mechanism to be installed.

Two individuals petition to perform for the citizens of Pale: 
Apsalar, a performer and
Nom Kala, a bard. 
Construction of the inn for the petitioners begins.

The fourth and final placement of the trade depot is completed and connected to the north bridge. 

A barracks practice yard lays between the trade depot and the indoor portion of the outpost.

Spoiler: Pale, indoor z112 (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 10:26:04 am by Sanctume »
Pages: [1] 2