Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 20601 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« on: May 04, 2017, 04:42:55 pm »

Spring 1, Year 1

Spring has arrived. The ice and snow melts and the world is once again friendly to new life. In a grassland, a magical tree seed awakens from hibernation and takes root; and the densely packed mana within it takes form, bringing five newborn Dryads into existence.

Your objective is to protect this tree with your life, several times if need be. If the tree dies it is Game Over. There do not appear to be any creatures in the immediate vicinity...

Tutorial - Using Abilities: Even without hostile enemies to target, you are still able to use your abilities. Multiple abilities may be used in one turn. If you choose to use more than one, then each one must be assigned a percentage of your Power Multiplier. For example, ability 1 uses 0.7 multiplier and ability 2 uses 0.3 multiplier. Keep in mind that an ability with a low multiplier is likely to be resisted even by very weak enemies.

Note: Please put your actions in bold, and include your characters name with your post. This information has been recorded on Page 1 of the OOC thread.

Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 04:43:15 pm »

Detailed information about Dryads and Abilities.
For historical characters who are no longer in the game, see the second post on the OOC thread.

Spoiler: Geos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hikari Sandashi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nute (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maple Sylphseed (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: WaterDancer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:12:21 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 04:46:17 pm »

PTW
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 05:05:45 pm »

"Nnny-yaaaAawwn..." Hikari opens her eyes for the first time. She knows who she is, though she doesn't know why, but whoever these other people are, they would make good friends, surely.

"Hey! Rise n' Shine! It's out first day on this beautiful...well, I don't know what this place is called, but it doesn't matter yet! It's Time to Seize the Day!"

Look for new friends, other than us dryads. A few animal buddies seem like a great place to start! Look for 'em north.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 05:29:29 pm »

Leaf Vinehead

"I will check out the south."
Leaf explores the area southwards of the Tree.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 05:37:30 pm »

"You're loud. Let the others wake at their own paces." Geos groans at the noise Hikari made, taking a look around. He knows his identity, the information coming to him naturally. The odd experience of suddenly just existing leaves his mind quickly as he looks at all the things that are new to him. His gaze finally returns to the noisy Dryad. "I am Geos. What is your name, loud one?"

Time for some landscaping. Use Shift Earth to dig as deep as necessary to find soil with adequate mana and nutrients to help the tree flourish while piling excess earth around the hole, then shift the beneficial earth to be directly under the tree's roots, shifting the earth that was previously there along with the other unused earth back into the hole that was presumably dug. Keep any neat shiny rocks or gems I find, though.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 05:46:45 pm »

It looks as if other's have finally awoken. said a strange looking dryad. He was white, and most closely resembled a birch tree. Ice and snow clung to his head branches, and didn't seem to melt like the rest of the snow around. Strangely, he was devoid of the typical foliage of dryads. I was just watching the last of winter fade away. Such a shame. Time for introductions, I'm Hiver,
 who might you be?

After meeting the other dryads, explore the north west.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 05:52:28 pm »

"Gee, Ver, You all can call meee...Hikari Sandashi! It means something, surely. Something about lil' critters, shining starlight, and Bold Bursts of E-Lec-Tricity!"
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 06:44:56 pm »

Aster Witherlock takes a long time to awaken but eventually does so after a long warmup period, he slowly scurries away from the centralized area of the tree to do his own business.

Time for a change in identities, utilizing the illusory magic of Disguise Self so that Aster disguises into a young girl at around the age of 10-13, enough where people will think that I'm weak and harmless, yet over-my-head and head strong to be by myself alone in a random forest. Have the disguised figure have long pink hair that reaches to the ground and contains a very high pitched voice. If my character doesn't know what a human looks like, or doesn't know the most common bipedal race around here, than have illusory magic basically replace my Raisin-skin with carbon-based flesh and become very short and slim.

Aster makes a short introduction to all of the fellow dryads and than momentarily goes his own way. "WELL MET everyone, I'm Aster, you don't have to pay attention me.

Than go explore the area westwards after all of those events happen .

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 06:54:28 pm »

Cool trick! Wish I could change my body like that. Not sure if pink hair is common around here, though.. Hikari tried to feel Aster's hair (though she hasn't said her name yet), to find it wasn't actually there. "Oh, it's not real? Well, I guess I'll just have to one-up you one day!"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 07:31:56 pm »

Aster disguises into a young girl at around the age of 10-13... weak and harmless... very high pitched voice... very short and slim.
Given that your origin tree is 5cm tall, that may be more accurate than you realise... Posting to watch!

Out of character thread.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:10:04 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 10:33:28 pm »

Ptw

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 04:59:27 pm »

Spring 2, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Mouse (N): 2/2
Bird (S): 2/2
Cor-Mite x3 (T): 2/2

Hikari decides to explore to the North. There is more grassland over in this direction, in addition to a curious line in the ground where plants are not growing. Her search for animals reveals what appears to be a Giant Mouse! On closer inspection it is actually a regular mouse. It wasn't immediately obvious before, but newbord Dryads are pretty small.

Leaf Vinehead explores the area to the south. More grassland here, and to the east there appears to be some kind of large rocky protusion coming out of the ground blocking vision in this direction.

Geos uses his Shift Earth ability to start digging out a hole. It appears that mana is not something that simply exists in the earth. At around this point Geo becomes aware of his stature. He has dug out a hole that is at least as deep as he is tall and hasn't found much more than soil. There are a couple of rocks, but they aren't especially shiny. He moves some of the soil near the base of the tree, but it seems unwise to try to remove the soil already there as the tree is small enough to be uprooted if you aren't careful.

Hiver explores the area to the northwest, discovering that some of the ground in this direction is absent of vegetation. There is also something that looks sort of like a tree; yet appears to be something else.

Aster Witherlock uses his Disguise Self ability to appear as a young girl. The disguise self ability does not appear to affect things such as voice. It also occurs to Aster... That he is substantially smaller than even a young human! He is however, capable of making an appropriately sized illusion. Aster then moves to the west. There is a section of ground here that does not have any vegetation. Also, there appears to be a Birch Tree here! Its much larger than your own tree, but it is entirely non-magical in nature.

Some strange creatures arrive near the tree. They have six legs, are about two inches tall and have a purple color. They have sharp looking jaws and seem to have a sinister aura.

Tutorial - Critters: When an animal is discovered, its health will be displayed in the thread. It may or may not be hostile; you'll need to exercise judgement when you see them.

Tutorial - Movement: Without special abilities, you can only move one tile per turn. You will also be unable to stray very far from your tree. As the tree grows bigger its influence will spread; permitting you to safely explore further away. Your map will physically expand when this happens.

Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 05:05:08 pm »

((So are we essentially a bunch of baby Groots running around, size-wise?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 05:37:56 pm »

Aster imitating a young girl enacts a raging tantrum, ""A TREE greater than mine, IMPOSSIBLE Y'HEAR ME. WE NO LIKE COMPETITION".

Sprint up to that Birch Tree, put my hands onto the tree than cast Life Absorption on the tree to sap some of its vitality. It will weakens its ability to grow and maybe I can "transmute" some of the life energy into our tree..
Maybe I'm going to have develop a vitality transmuting spell, who knows.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23