Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Minigods IC  (Read 1591 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: Minigods IC
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 09:57:33 pm »

Glediess  continues to be disappointed though this is the thing never seem to learn much of anything over there limited lifespans.
 Invest to allow them to learn more and gain more out of life she expands their trlemomeres and modifies their skull plates so that they can expand as the animal grows thus allowing the brain to grow as well.

Find a way to allow them to fend for themselves, against the vicious canines she increaseas the Bulfrogoons size overall making them more challenging prey.

(If this counts as two let me know)

[color=limegreen]  with her children now given a new lease on life she begins and experiment she travels to each island , and pulls up a stone pillar,  on each island, on each of these she leaves in graved image based tutorial on how to start a fire, as a test of wether any other intelligences currently exist around her.[/color]

( yeah, if that counts as two then I can't use this )
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:19:03 am by Paxiecrunchle »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 10:23:32 pm »

Tri-Tirr saw that his changes were good, but that the lizards were unable to reap the full benefits from such. As Tri-Tirr wills it, the lizards become larger. (Larger lizards should allow for a larger brain, deeper/bigger burrows, and the ability to hunt new food sources, such as the mouse.)

As for Tri-Tirr himself, he will change the lizards in a less physical way. They have show the first spark of intelligence, of personality. He will add to it the first spark of ambition. Lizards have a preference of thier type of den, but now they shall seek to take it's nature into thier own hands. A lizard might collect gravel and rocks around his den, or line it with leaf litter or fur. With the younger lizards these modifications tend to be at the mouth or surface of the den and quite visible. They attempt to attract a mate by building the best den, and this usually results in lizards with similar preferences in den type being able to match more easily.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:07:32 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 10:03:56 pm »

Herba
Herba gives the Zlorkk eyes. The little grey worms develop little grey eyes. They begin to see the world, no longer crawling aimlessly hoping to stumble upon food. Similarly Herba begins to see the world, not through their eyes, but through the eyes of the tiny Zlorkk. The collective vision of the hundreds of worms is blurry and difficult to see through. Yet at dusk when all the Zlorkk turn to view the setting sun, the view is beyond words. The multitude of hundreds of sunsets overlayed from slightly different angles is more beautiful than one could possible imaging.

Glediess
Glediess works to expand the intelligence of the monkeyambibians. Their skulls expand and their brains do as well, allowing them moderate animal intelligence. Mild tool use develops, throwing rocks and sticks from trees accounts for the majority of this behavior. Occasionally one will throw something smellier... Deaths from canine attacks were rare before, but not unheard of, now they become incredibly uncommon as the frogoons begin throwing objects at the yelping canines.

The Mother
You create a language to communicate with your children, with mixed results. You share the language with one of the mushbugs and it begins rambling in complete gibberish for a while and sharing it with others nearby. Eventually they have shared the language through their feeling arms, but it seems that it got completely muddled when it when through their sensing organs. Their feelers begin to lengthen in some individuals, allowing them to dig in the dirt for bugs and grubs, and the occasional bit of plant matter. This however makes them less nimble and fairly clumsy. Which is incredibly cute. At least it was at first. Several attacks killed most of the longarmed individuals. The canines were first, killing several. Then a large monstrous spider attacked not once but twice, killing two more of the mushbugs. Truly this was a terrible stroke of luck.

[Godname]
The Ximus quickly develop the ability to eat some fruits and vegetables. There are not many more fruits on the island and they contain a lot of energy and nutrients. Those Ximus can eat them survive much better than those which can only eat meat. If it was not for the bad fortune of a few clumsy mushbugs, the Ximus would have completely become omnivores. Yet the abundance of meat allows some of the carnivores to survive. And a good thing too, a large spider much larger than a Ximus attacked the pack, killing and dragging off one of the Ximus. The pack managed to injure it and force it to retreat before it could harm more than the ambushed individual.

[Godname]
The Semenitia slowly gain a simple lung, allowing them to breathe above water for a short time. Eventually it would have to return to the water, for the lung would eventually dry out and need to be rehydrated. They are now occasionally seen on rocky outcroppings and on beaches looking for scraps and small prey. The water is filled with magical energy and becomes even more filled with life. The Semenitia population increase fairly steadily as do prey species.

You look above the waterline and see a large island nearby and several smaller islands and rocky outcroppings around the area.

Deepthought
You work to make the olms bigger and larger. The results are unexpected. They increase in size incredibly quickly. In only a few generations, they have gone from quite small, to almost 15 centimeters! This is partially a result of their change in diet from herbivores to omnivores. Furthermore they gain minor life sensing capabilities, giving them a distinct hunting advantage especially during the night when prey can neither hide, nor see their predators. As a result, most of the olms become nocturnal during this period. Expansion to the creek also occurs, while there is less prey in the moving water, there is still a fair amount of plant life and the occasional eddys in the water provide fertile hunting grounds for small insects.

Tri-Tirr
Tri-Tirr expands the lizards bodies, and to some degree their mind. The lizards begin to get larger, and as they do so, they require more food. Competition among the lizards increases and there is less food to go around. In addition, competition for the best den increases. The lizard's brain develops a new lobe related to personality and preference. This is larger in females than the males. Now the lizards begin to decorate their burrows, which are now larger. A lizard with a really good burrow is a much better mate than one with a burrow that didnt match the mate's preference. Burrow decoration quickly becomes incredibly important to selection of mates. Sexual selection develops in the lizards.

The giant spider Hyrakar has been spotted by several gods in the last few days. It has killed several of the animals on the island. It is a dangerous predator, and has a modicum of Power. Kill it to gain its power, or adapt to survive its hunger.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 11:26:18 pm by Roboson »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 10:32:14 pm »

First, Herba reaches out to her children and strengthens the link between her and them.

Second, the Zlorkk grow mandibles to macerate plants into smaller bits for them to eat.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 10:35:16 pm by Puppyguard »

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 10:52:38 pm »

Widen the Ximus' paws, and lengthen their claws. This should allow them to better defend themselves, as well as dig more efficiently for both the lizards and the strange mushroom creatures. In the meantime Blusius aims to learn more about the curious spider creature.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 12:03:46 am »

The Mother doesn' take to this well. Twitching and...scowling one would suppose they move about erratically shaking their chittering voice low their large tree-like roots moving about through the earth. Their face...splitting...slowly opening as a sound of rushing air left it seemingly....venting frustration a type of scream so loud that it carried upon the wind.

Minor action: The Mother screams in rage letting their presence be known throughout the land and the sound carried by the winds.

After such a humongous stress relief? The...black eyes close and open..silently. Twitching and jittering before their...children. Back spasming lightly as it usually did roots crawling under their skin chitin shining in the sunlight. The shine unearthing something. A mushroom ungummed ignored by its compatriots. Examining it.....feeling it. Was bad mushroom....not good to eat...kill?

Their mind ticked. Silently twitching rooted deeply in place swallowing nutrients into their body they held the mushroom in their "Arm's" Before coming to an idea.

The mother. Crushes the mushroom in their grip and brings it into their body. Filling hollow parts with poison and replicating it...turning it into a gas. The Mother has given herself the ability to spew poisonous Acidic gas from her body that will positively melt flesh from their foes bones!.

Looking at their...children. Gone. Drove...fury. Hunger. Rage. Anger. Gone. Gone. Gone..GONE! GONE! GONE!!!

Opj-Tpm! Opj-Tpm! Abc Hp-Mf A-Z Opj-Tpm! M-P Np-Qf Ebn-Jkz Hp-Mf!
((Opj-Tpm = Poison
 Abc= Bad
Hp-Mf= Gone
A-Z= By
 M-P = No
 Np-Qf =More
 Ebn-Jkz = family))

Minor act: The mother introduces the word poison to the language and communicates the above with her people.

Finnaly the mother makes the mushbugs poisonous by making the mushroom atop their head secrete a poison that will kill those that attempt to eat the mushbug via producing and squirting an acid-like compound that melts things that are not other mushbugs..trying to eat the mushroom caps of mushbugs will surely not end well especially with this new development.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:10:32 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 10:35:22 am »

Everything was quiet around the pond and its stream. The plants were swaying in the currents, the insects were buzzing, the olms were going about their lives, and Deepthought was deep in thought, committing this milestone of olmish history to memory.

At least, it was quiet until a loud scream passed by, psychically saturated in pure rage. To the insects and fish and others living in the area, it was merely a loud scream, only picking up a mere shadow of the psychic undertones, unattuned to matters of the mind they are, and as a result only scattered for a few moments before calming down. But the olms, having their minds oh so recently opened, felt and heard it in its entirety. Many entered a blind panic as the psychic scream passed, foreign and filled with rage as it was. Some writhed in pain, the sheer power of the scream overwhelming their nascent minds. However some withstood the blast, and managed to retain their senses enough to merely enter a state of organized panic for a brief time.

Said mass panic lasts until Deepthought manages to send his own psychic pulse out, similar to the one that just passed by, but significantly lesser in scale, and carrying an undertone of sheer
|PEACE|. After this, Deepthought once more falls into a state of being deep in thought, inspecting the minds of those who have weathered the blast, and finding their minds to have expanded, adapting to the gift so recently granted to them. Deepthought encourages these adaptations to spread and grow among the population; a simple feat, when one considers that said members were more successful than their brethren, due to being better able to make use of, and interpret their burgeoning psychic abilities.

Evolutionary Act: Expand the olms brains and as a result intelligence, with a particular leaning towards adaptations to better handle the sensory input and use of their recently gained psychic abilities

With that done, Deepthought thinks about what the pulse did, how it managed to make those with a weaker mind writhe in pain, despite not being focused in the slightest... Perhaps a more focused blast could disable even a closed mind?... A thought for another time, as Deepthought yearns to give the gift of history and communication to his flock.

As the olm's minds grow, so to does their ability to interact with the world with their minds, their gift expanded to not only be able to detect nearby minds, but able to allow them to share their thoughts and feelings with others as well. However, as a few insensate insects floating on the water shows that it does in fact have a deleterious effect on lesser minds, although Deepthought suspects that it would take an entire chorus of olms to overwhelm anything with a significant mind.

Divine Act: Expand the olm's psychic gift as well, granting them the ability to communicate via sharing thoughts and memories... It's a tad bit harmful to things not adapted to receive information in this manner, although the effect of a single olm is minuscule at this point.

His duties done, Deepthought once more continues committing this event of olmish history to memory.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 12:04:58 pm »

NAME=Nexmex=
SPECIES=Semenitia=
=EVOLUTION ACT= I shall Give my Semenitia Large numbers of suckers on their tentacles.
=DVINE ACT= I Shall produce a magical Lure for that spider near the water's edge, and attack it myself.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 03:27:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 04:49:27 am »

Hello, everyone, I know i have been gone for a bit more than a week and I apologize both for that and for copy-pasting these messages,  I would say that this period has been miserable for me both physically and otherwise, I managed to pull a muscle in my  side and my wallet and art-portfolio were lost to me as well as my iPod. The later had to reset my password for this website. have also been trying to catch up on my homework overall, and this has left me with surprisingly little comforting free time. Meaning that I am still sorry for disappearing with little warning.

At any rate, glediess prepares for a new phase of activities, but for this, she will need her creations to be stronger and more flexible overall, to her speed mattered little, and thus she began once more to remold the bodies of her first children. She enlarged the amphi-simians bodies overall enlarging their proportions so that that they would each be twice as large as previous upon reaching adult hod, and she subtly tweaked their skeletons, reducing the collarbone and increasing flexibility in the spine in hopes of allowing her babies the ability to reach into tighter spaces and be slightly more nimble fighters.

After this the queen of the gnashing spears flies over all the islands and uses her own power to slight reshape the land, on each island she molds a stone obelisk, with pictograms depicting how to create, fire, the wheel, and the simplest agriculture in hopes that when the first true sapients emerge they would thank her as their teacher, in due course.
Pages: 1 [2]