Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 20629 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2017, 11:18:39 pm »

Geos
"I like being taller. Time to squish some bugs, I suppose. Though I would rather be healthier first since we may not squish them all at once."

Use 1 mana to Heal myself, then use two Geode Bombs (x1.0) to blast any clusters of cor-mites that weren't blown away, or one Geode Bomb (x2.0) if they are all in a big group that would be damaged more by a single stronger attack. Do so carefully to not damage the tree.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2017, 11:37:14 pm »

Antler returns to the tree and Morningstars any bug that's separated from the group.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2017, 10:14:49 pm »

I am going to wait a bit longer for player actions, as this is really not the time to be punishing your fellow players by not getting an action in.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2017, 01:56:24 am »

Leaf Vinehead shouts from his position (east) and throws rocks at the cor-mites to attract their attention. If any come, he attacks them with his stick, or draw blood if they are injured.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2017, 04:05:00 pm »

Summer 8, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Fish x2 (E): 3/3
Fish (E): 7/7
Goat (S): 70/70
Cor Mite x6 (T): 2/2
Cor Mite x6 (T): 1/2
Small Cor Mite x3 (T): 1/1

Call casts Empower Spell and uses his Gust ability on the Cor Mites. Attempting to hit all of them spreads even the empowered spell too thin, only dealing 1 damage to 7 of them.

Aster Witheredlock casts Tier Incease on himself... Then casts Life Absorption twice at half effectiveness. It turns out that you can indeed act on the same turn as a tier upgrade... But the power multiplier does not increase immediately. Aster deals 1 damage to one Cor Mite, and another one shrugs off the effect. He would have been healed for 1 health, but again, I am going to say that the new max health doesn't kick in until next turn.

Geos uses the last bit of mana from the tree to heal himself, then casts a quantity of Cor-Mites based on an IF statement. Lets see... There are two groups of them, one big and one small, so they are not ALL in a big group, so two Geode Bombs at 1.0 effectiveness. Geos deals 3 damage to one Cor Mite, 2 damage to 3 Cor Mites and 1 damage to 4 Cor mites. In his caution to not hit the tree, some crystal fragments instead strike the wall and breach it!

Antler uses his Morningstar ability to deal 3 damage to one Cor Mite, and keeps rolling enough to deal 1 damage to another Cor Mite unintentionally.

Leaf Vinehead chucks some rocks from the East. He is unable to throw them far enough to reach the Cor mites from there however...

Hikari Sandashi takes no action despite having been given plenty of time to do so.

The Cor Mites attack! A few of them were displaced by the wind, and a few of them take a bit of time to climb up the short wall. The rest of them are in biting range! Geos takes 2 damage, Antler takes 1 damage, and the Tree takes 5 damage. A few small Cor Mites emerge from the ground!

GM Note: Keep an eye on the OOC thread! It will become easier for an player on the waitlist to take the place of an active player in the near future. You can avoid this fate by consistently posting an action shortly after each update.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 05:25:49 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2017, 06:55:35 pm »

Call uses an empowered northward gust on the largest group of cor mites.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2017, 07:47:18 pm »

Antler uses Replace Dryad on Hikari, then Morningstars the one of the healthier looking Mites.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:55:39 pm by Japa »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2017, 07:53:38 pm »

NONONO! Return to tree and Focus Firelight the stronger mites, 50% power each.

Sorry I haven't been as active, I've been...distracted, over the last few days. I'll be able to keep up with this thread again.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2017, 06:10:12 am »

Leaf Vinehead moves to the tree and casts blood drain twice with a 50/50 split on two injured cor-mites.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2017, 10:33:23 am »

Aster Witheredlock
"It seems they keep on spawning near the tree, I wonder if the Magic within the tree is the thing that is attracting all of these nuisances."
Continue the Assault, aiming with two 1.0x Life Absorption, if a target is needed than go for the ones most threatening to the tree.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2017, 12:37:42 pm »

Geos uses two x1.0 Geode Bombs on the biggest group or groups of mites that he can hit without damaging the tree.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2017, 06:16:48 pm »

Summer 9, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Fish x2 (E): 3/3
Fish (E): 7/7
Cor Mite x1 (T): 2/2
Cor Mite x3 (T): 1/2
Small Cor Mite x1 (T): 1/1
Manaworm (T): 4/4

Call unimaginatively does the same thing two turns in a row, casting an empowered gust to inflict 1 damage to six Cor mites and 1 damage to one Small Cor Mite.

After making the GM ponder whether or not he should get on Japa's case for only having a crossed out version of their character's name in their action post, Antler Uses his Morningstar ability to inflict 2 damage to one of the Cor Mites.

Hikari Sandashi returns to the tree and attempts to use Focus Firelight twice, but both attack attempts are resisted by the Cor Mites. Perhaps if the attack was more... Focused... It would have worked better.

Leaf Vinehead casts Blood Drain twice, dealing 1 damage to one of the Cor Mites, and being shrugged off by anther. This ability seems less than optimal against such small enemies.

Aster Witheredlock uses Life Absorption twice at 1.0 power, dealing 1 damage to one of the mites and 2 damage to another. Only 2 health was absorbed however.

Geos aims to use two Geode Bombs... But most of the remaining Cor Mites are right near the tree. Geos does 2 damage to one Cor Mite, and 1 damage to one Small Cor Mite, having not found a good place to use the Geode Bombs.

What remains of the Cor Mites attack, dealing 1 damage to Aster Witheredlock, 1 damage to Leaf Vinehead and 2 damage to the tree.

A glowing yellow entity resembling a worm or snake descends from high above and latches onto the tree!

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2017, 06:34:13 pm »

Antler clubs the tree, such as it is, and spends 1 mana to attack the worm empowered morningstar, trying to aim it so he lands one one of the Mites if he has any momentum left over afterwards.

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2017, 08:37:10 am »

Call uses an empowered gust on the remaining cor mites to finish them off.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2017, 11:02:31 am »

Leaf Vinehead acts after Antler and casts a full power drain blood on the mana worm.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23