Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 20631 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2017, 04:37:48 pm »

"The shrub is beautiful!" Nute Uses Best Bush on the shrub and attempts to expand its root system.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2017, 05:31:42 pm »

Geos goes back to digging, using Shift Earth dig a sloping tunnel at the bottom of his previously dug hole and digging through the subsoil until he reaches stone or something interesting, making sure the walls and ceiling of the tunnel are packed tightly so they don't collapse. Unless the rat is hostile, in which case he'll use a 2.0 Geode Bomb on it instead of digging.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2017, 09:08:26 pm »

Hikari goes to wherever Call is and helps then gather leaves.

"Hello.. You're....Harry, I guess? I'm Hikari! Well, I ought to be helping..someone out, so I guess you know the drill, right?...Bye-ya!

...W-huh? A third now friend? Dryad-friend, that is. If there's been three whole new dryads...does that mean something happened to the others? Well, they just returned to the tree, right? They'll be back..I guess. Anyway, time for introductions. I'm Hikari Sandashi!!Wow, it's been a while since I gave anyone the big introduction. Now, need a hand with those leaves? Wanna compost 'em?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2017, 08:13:11 pm »

Aster Witheredlock
"Cmon on boi, you know you know your hungry you just haven't realize it yet."
Aster will dangle the bird carcass around the dog to make it give unto its temptation to snatch onto the bird and do whatever a dog does with a bird carcass. Sowing the seeds of loyalty to me unto the dog

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 05, 2017, 09:17:43 pm »

Ignoring Hikari, Call begins a hearty riverdance that will last three turns, his movement will be cut in half whilst dancing with no benefits except the joy he brings to himself and others.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 07, 2017, 06:01:56 pm »

Autumn 6, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Dog (T): 15/15
Rat (T): 5/5
Rabbit (NN): 5/5

Nute invokes Best Bush on a Bush on tile E. View the Assets spoiler for details. Nute currently lacks the ability to cause substantial growth, but the bush can be used to channel Nute's abilities. Experimentation may be required.

Geos check on the rat. It is currently digging at the wall around the tree... Which isn't inherently hostile. Geos continues to dig the hole, which remains stable for the time being. Geos discovers trace amounts of clay in the hole in addition to regular dirt.

Hikari Sandashi goes to the north. As she is currently on the opposite end of the tree, Call is unable to hear her. Though it seems that being connected to the same tree sort of allows the local dryads to understand eachother to some extent without actually being next to eachother. Hikari is still able to gather some leaves though, they are especially easy to find in autumn.

Aster Witheredlock attempts to tempt the dog with the bird carcass. The dog... Sort of wanders off to the west. I guess being rolled on didn't make the bird any more appetizing.

Call... Um. Ok I guess? Call is just sort of dancing. A rabbit pokes its head out of a hole in the ground in the vicinity.

Harry Bugg fades away, and Bob appears at the tree.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2017, 11:26:45 pm »

Bob awakens.

((I have no idea what we're doing/what's been going on, so I think I'm going to need to be brought up to speed.))

"The weak have left, and I have taken their place."

"What, exactly, are we doing?"

"This bush (*gestures at Best Bush*) seems important. I may increase its size if its owner wishes for me to do so."

"Shall I complete this trench(*gestures at the Trench*)?"

"Shall I add to this wall (*gestures at the Dirt Wall*)?"

"I may scout out the surrounding area, if you wish. I will require some mana to do so, however."

"What are your capabilities, fellow Dryads?"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 02:34:59 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2017, 02:25:38 pm »

Hikari brings the leaves over to the tree, so that Nute, or time, can Compost them.

Also, Nute, maybe you should compost them.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 08, 2017, 04:19:32 pm »

Nute returns to its tree and Composts some leaves at its soil.
"Oh, Best Bush can be bigger? Ymmm, Aaaah, no, it is super pretty now, maybe it does not want to be bigger? Nute must ask!
Do animals have soils?"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:36:16 pm by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 08, 2017, 09:55:13 pm »

Geos hates rats trying to take down his wall. Geode Bomb the rat. Standard considerations for tree safety. If I have to, I'd rather have the wall as collateral damage instead of the tree, but I'd rather not have that be an issue.

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 09, 2017, 06:34:14 pm »

Call, continuing his riverdance, begins kicking the rabbit to the beat of his dance.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2017, 04:14:49 pm »

Autumn 7, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Dog (T): 15/15
Rat (T): 2/5
Rabbit (NNE): 4/5

Bob considers his options.

Hikari Sandashi returns to the tree with some leaves...

... Nute casts compost on some collected leaves to produce some compost to put around the tree. Only a minor amount of compost was produced from the leaves, but the small tree probably doesn't need much anyway.

Geos decides to attack the rat using a Geode Bomb, dealing 3 damage to the rat. The rat does not appreciate being Geode-bombed and goes to bite Geos to deal 2 damage. The Geode Bomb ability seems unsuited for attacking enemies that are near beneficial fortifications, and once again the wall looks like it needs a bit of touching up. (But at least that is pretty easy).

There is a dog near the tree now. It starts to talk. It says "Yip yip yip yip yip!". The dirt wall is too small to impede the movements of this animal and it easily gets next to the tree. It sprays the tree with a yellow fluid.

Call dances and kicks the rabbit, dealing 1 damage. The rabbit retreats to the east. Call would have needed to stop dancing to have any realistic chance of catching up to the innocent rodent, and this GM assumes that he does not intent to stop dancing yet.

Aster Witheredlock spaces out. It seems the waitlisters dropped the ball and missed their opportunity to take over the spot!

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2017, 05:03:49 pm »

Nute attempts to use Compost to decompose the yellow fluid into something more palatable.

And politely asks the tree for a random spell.
At the cost of three mana.
with the implication that this is an order.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:12:38 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 13, 2017, 04:09:25 pm »

Hikari tries to befriend the dog, and understand what it just did near the tree.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 13, 2017, 04:12:15 pm »

((So why did my Geode Bomb only do 3 damage? I thought it did 5 at 2.0 power.))

Geos uses Geode Bomb on the rat again, then uses 1 Mana to heal a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23