Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 20497 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2017, 04:48:07 pm »

Spring 4, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Cor-Mite x7 (SW): 2/2

It has started raining!

Hikari returns to where the tree is.

Geos uses his Geode Bomb ability to attack Cor-Mite C. This attack sucessfully has taken out its intended target, but using explosives so close to the tree has proven to be a bad idea as the attack has also dealt 1 damage to the tree! Probably justifiable given what you were trying to accomplish.

Leaf Vinehead uses the Draw Blood ability twice at 0.5 effectiveness. The GM wanted to do something to penalize using less than 1.0 effectiveness for any ability, but this situation was actually a suitable time to do it, and the spell is not resisted by either mite, both taking 1 damage! The Cor-Mite incident has been resolved!

Hiver attempts to read the sign. Ok fine, its clearly a sign so I'll start referring to it as such.
Spoiler: Hooray for Reading (click to show/hide)

Aster Witheredlock goes to explore the southwest area. In the distance the grassland recedes to reveal a sandy area. Also, there are several Cor Mites here. Like, seven of them. They do not appear to be reacting to your presence.

Tutorial - Weather: Sometimes weather happens. Weather is a thing that does stuff. Important weather events will be broadcast for you.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2017, 05:17:48 pm »

"I knew something' was going on here. Well, it looks like you've already taken care of it. Seems there's more of the buggers to the southwest. Gee, would you mind returning these dead fellas back to nature, under the earth o' our tree? They should be pretty nourishing. I'll continue exploring the remaining territory."

Head east, then south.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2017, 01:33:14 am »

Leaf Vinehead

"Good idea."

Leaf buries the cormite corpses under the tree.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2017, 03:05:47 pm »

Aster Witheredlock

"What a great place in our valley for a petting zoo; I hope the mites aren't afraid to be pet."

"Pet" as many of the Cor-Mites as I can with 100% Life Absorption; this won't result in any traumatic experiences for them, at all.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:53:50 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2017, 04:23:36 pm »

Geos shrugs at Hikari. "Was already planning on it, Noisy. I just need a way to get them under it without disturbing the roots or dirt supporting our tree. Leaf, please don't just dig under the tree. You could damage the roots."

Use Shift Earth to encapsulate the mites in soil, then bury them down off to the side of the tree by shifting the earth below them up and around them, deep enough that they're lower than the roots, but high enough that the roots will grow through them in a little time. Then carefully try to shift the earth containing them to a space under the tree by carefully shifting the excess earth in the way to the sides or behind the corpses, but make sure to do so without damaging the tree's roots or causing the soil supporting the tree to collapse.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2017, 08:43:10 pm »

Spring 5, Year 1

Fish (E): 3/3
Cor-Mite A (SW): 1/2
Cor-Mite B (SW): 1/2
Cor-Mite x5 (SW): 2/2

Hikari goes east, and only east because you can only move one tile per turn. (And as stated multiple times already, the mouse is not a suitable mount). In this area, there is a river across the grassland, and rocks to the south. There is a smallish-medium sized Willow Tree by the river.

Leaf Vinehead attempts to bury the dead Cor-Mites... Without any revelant abilities for this task or even specifying how he intends to do this in his post, he is unable to figure out how.

Geos uses his Shift Earth ability to actually bury the Cor-Mites.

Aster Witheredlock decides to pet some Cor-Mites with Life Absorption. And of course, by "Pet" he means attack. And of course, by "Valley" he means grassland. And by "petting zoo"... I don't even know what that is supposed to mean.

Aster drains 1 health from two of the Cor-Mites. This action has caused the Cor-Mites to cease to ignore him, and they quickly swarm him and bite for a total of 6 damage. Guess one of them tripped or something and whiffed the attack. Thats gotta be pretty embarrasing for the mite. Oh, and Aster is dead now. Its just the risk you take for attacking large groups of enemies on your own. Here's a tip for next time. The Life Drain ability can let you heal and attack at the same time, but it is lacking in terms of burst damage and will rarely kill enemies in one turn.

Hiver Frostwild just takes a nap or something.

Tutorial - Mana: Each turn the tree will generate some mana provided unless something is going horribly wrong. The larger the tree is, the more mana you can expect. Mana is shared among all of you which means if you have three mana, only one player can afford the random spell upgrade. It is up to the players to decide how mana may or may not be used. It is worth noting that a dryad needs to be next to the tree in order to be a valid target for its magic. The revival of dead dryads is an exception to this.

Tutorial - Death: A dead character isn't going to do any good for anybody. You can use mana to cast a spell at the tree to revive a dryad. The stronger the dryad, the worse the consequences are for death. A newborn Dryad will not suffer permanent damage of any kind.

You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2017, 06:51:40 am »

((That was dumb of me :(.))

Leaf Vinehead moves SE to scout the area.
Leaf Vinehead uses Replace Dryad to replace Hiver Frostwild.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 06:54:19 am by vishdafish »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2017, 07:15:41 am »

Hikari moves south.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:21:19 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2017, 03:53:17 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2017, 04:17:55 pm »

I disagree with spending mana at this point when we might need it soon. Anyway, Use Shift Earth to finish that protective wall/pit around the tree, carefully.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2017, 02:51:21 pm »

Spring 6, Year 1

Robin (T): 2/2
Rabbit (T): 5/5

The locations of the Cor-Mites is now uncertain.

Aster Witheredlock is still dead. I guess that explains why I didn't see a post from him.

Hikari Sandashi insists that I pull out my MS Paint and make yet another modification to my map. This tile appears to be the river source. The tall mountains in this tile would make it hard to move further south or east if there weren't already other factors limiting your movement.

Beirus, please include your characters name in your posts. I had to look up who you were.

Geos uses his Shift Earth ability to create a wall of dirt around the tree. You can now check on the wall's progress in the Asset spoiler.

Hiver Frostwild loses his connection to the tree and the newbord tier dryad immediately dies. A new Dryad appears near the tree...

A large monster appears near the tree! It is larger than any other animal that has been seen to date! It has long pointed ears, large herbivorous incisors and muscled legs. It makes a soft purring sound.

Tutorial - New players: If you get the call to action (via PM) then you should post an action in the game thread. If you don't do so on time for the next turn (You will get at least a full 24 hours) then you will be shuffled back to the bottom of the waitlist and another players will get a chance.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:03:11 pm by Supernerd »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2017, 05:04:14 pm »

Why would the chance make a soft purring sound?

ALL the way up here, people would be bound to hear her. Hikari, seeing the meandering path of the water, had an idea blossom in her head.Hey, Gee! Think you could divert a new path for the wi-iver? Bring some of the water closer to the tree? Should be real nourishing!"

Hikari heads west, back to the tree, and takes a close look at the vegetation on the way there.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2017, 05:48:14 pm »

"I don't think I'm strong enough to do that yet.
But there's a big furry thing over here. Can you make it my friend like the little furry thing is your friend? I want to ride it!"

Geos offers the rabbit some vegetation that isn't the tree as a friendship offering. If the rabbit attacks me or the tree, Geode Bomb it. Preferably in a way that doesn't hurt the tree, like from the back so its body shields the tree, or from the front if I can get between it and the tree.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2017, 05:55:41 pm »

Leaf Vinehead moves west, to the willow tree.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2017, 09:10:44 pm »

Antler wakes up, for the first time in his life, and looks around. He doesn't know much. He knows that he serves 『The Tree』, who is not doing well.

Looking around, he sees a 『Foul Beast』 sniffling near his beloved tree.

Alert! Alert!

Halt! Foul Beast! Begone from this place! You are not welcome here!

Antler flings himself at the monster's nose, hoping that a few painful jabs will encourage the monster to go find food elsewhere.

Take that, And that!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23