Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 20622 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2017, 02:59:35 pm »

Aster Witheredlock

((I mean what do want me to do if I'm dead, the actions I can potentially do while in the grave are fairly limited by context))

Contemplate Mistakes in The Afterlife

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 04:29:00 pm »

Spring 7, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Owl (W): 12/12
Rabbit (NW): 4/5
Cor Mite x2(T): 1/2
Cor Mite x5(T): 2/2

The robin takes flight, and it begins to rain!

Hikari returns to the tree, but not before taking note of the vegetation in the southeast. There appears to be some long and flat green plants near the river source.

Geos offers some of the local vegetation to the rabbit. The lack of biodiversity leaves him with nothing more appealing than grass however, which the rabbit doesn't seem interested in.

Leaf Vinehead moves to the west to get to the Willow tree, but eventually realizes that the willow tree was to the east, as he stands before the Birch Tree instead. A large bird can be seen on one of the trees branches, immediately stealing the title of largest known creature from the rabbit. It appears to be asleep.

Antler awakens, and approaches the rabbit. He smacks the rabbit with a pointy appendage to deal 1 damage. The rabbit decides it doesn't want more of that and runs off to the northwest! Antler considers that he should definitely declare the name of an ability if he intends to use it as the GM may not necessarily assume that he intends to use it if he does not.

Aster Witheredlock contemplates his mistakes. Also, apparantly the afterlife is... The tree. It seems that while the tree lives, permanently killing the dryads connected to it is not an easy task. Interestingly, being dead does not seem to prevent Aster from invoking tree-magic; including one particular spell which would revive him!

Oh, and the location of the Cor-mites has become known! They are dangerously close to the tree now.

Tutorial - Strategy: Sometimes you'll be faced with a difficult battle. In these situations, you should consider all the abilities at your disposal including tree spells that use mana. The best solution to a problem is not always the most obvious one.

GM Note: The soft purring sound was supposed to be made by the rabbit. Nevertheless, the opportunity to join the game now canonically makes the same purring sound. That is a thing I decided.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 04:38:52 pm »

Aster Witheredlock

"I could of resurrected myself from the tree all this TIME! I thought I needed  another Dryad to do that for me. This changes everything.

Revive: Tier 1 Dryad, and their is only one dead Dryad...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2017, 08:54:15 pm »

Antler spots the 『Cor Mites』 springing up around the tree.
Ach! One enemy is sent running, and seven more spring up to take his place!

I don't think I can take them on my own, but maybe..

Antler uses 『Wildseed Magic』 to try to erupt thorns out of the ground in an area under the 『Cor Mites』, with the intent to cause damage to multiple Mites at once.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2017, 10:41:45 pm »

"More of these things? They'll make good food for the tree."

Geos uses Empower Spell on his Geode Bomb and launches it at the biggest group of Cor-mites, or at least the biggest group not close enough to the tree that it will also be damaged.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2017, 02:51:59 am »

Leaf Vinehead moves back to the tree, using drain blood on an injured mite. (He acts last.)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2017, 06:38:16 am »

Hikari returns to the tree, and sends a Spreading Jolt along the cor-mites.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2017, 04:24:48 pm »

Spring 8, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Aster Witheredlock invokes the spell Revive (Tier 1) at the cost of 3 mana. That appears to be all it took to bring him back to perfect condition. Hopefully he will not need to cast it again anytime soon.

Antler calls upon the power of the tree to invoke the spell Wildseed Magic at the cost of 2 mana. Thorns erupt from the ground around the Cor Mites, dealing 1 damage to five of them which causes one death. The thorns do not disappear after the spell ends. While Wildseed Magic is certainly effective when used correctly, it also seems inefficient somehow.

Geos calls upon the power of the tree to invoke the spell Empower Spell, and uses Geode Bomb with an effective power multiplier of 2.0. The attack deals 5 damage to one cor mite, 3 damage to another and 1 damage to a third one, inflicting three kills.

Hikari is unable to return to the tree, because that would require her to leave the tree in the first place; she is already there. This does nothing to prevent her from casting Spreading Jolt, dealing 2 damage to one cor mite, and jumping to a second to deal 1 damage, inflicting 2 kills.

Leaf Vinehead waits... and the last Cor Mite has an opportunity to bite Antler to deal 1 damage before Leaf finishes the Cor Mite off using his Draw Blood ability.

Well, it was almost a perfect victory. Assuming you don't count the part where one of you died. And having spent 3 mana. (6 mana if you count the revival)

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2017, 04:28:07 pm »

Hikari investigates the soil around the tree; for some reason, it's considered dubious. Was that because of the cor-mites we buried?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2017, 08:54:16 pm »

Antler looks around at the carnage.
So....

Top of the morning to y'all!

M'name's Antler, pleased to make your acquaintance.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2017, 01:30:06 am »

"That was surprisingly easy..."

Leaf Vinehead moves west again.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2017, 01:07:58 pm »

Well, since nobody is talking...
Antler moves west, and climbs the tree.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2017, 01:30:51 pm »

Geos uses Shift Earth to bury the new Cor-mite corpses.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2017, 01:49:12 pm »

Geos uses Shift Earth to bury the new Cor-mite corpses.
You sure? Soil quality has become dubious, so we may want to make sure whatever they're made of isn't harmful.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2017, 03:05:57 pm »

Aster Witheredlock

"I mean experiencing dying and being resurrected at a moment's notice, would probably need sometime to adjust and not be in any degree of being communicative.
Travel southwest again and check on the Cor-Mite compound that killed me.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 03:32:48 pm by Shadowclaw777 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23