Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Shadows among the Stars (OOC/Planning/Accepting Character Signups)  (Read 17236 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (OOC/Planning/Accepting Character Signups)
« Reply #390 on: July 08, 2017, 09:51:04 pm »

We will fill the ship with high explosive death traps, there wont be much left in the end but it will hold long enough to make a difference.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 08, 2017, 09:55:33 pm »

I was thinking less antistructure/antiarmor and a little more antipersonnel, alright?

Maybe some nice claymores? Perhaps a fragmentation grenade rigged to explode when a door is opened?

Perhaps a thermite boring charge rigged to a pressure plate?

Maybe you could just rig a machinegun to a bit of fishing line/thin wire? As space marines, you should have access to all of these things.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 08, 2017, 10:57:09 pm »

I was thinking less antistructure/antiarmor and a little more antipersonnel, alright?

Maybe some nice claymores? Perhaps a fragmentation grenade rigged to explode when a door is opened?

Perhaps a thermite boring charge rigged to a pressure plate?

Maybe you could just rig a machinegun to a bit of fishing line/thin wire? As space marines, you should have access to all of these things.
I can order these at a lot better quantity, being the quartermaster :P
HOWEVER I am also concerned in keeping with basic resources at the start (for manufacturing purposes and otherwise), so I'm focusing on that at first.

GM: How many trade missions can I do in a turn?

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 15, 2017, 09:36:53 pm »

Chubby2man, would it be possible for me to boost the fleets finances with my smuggling? For instance running supplies from my back market contacts through the blockade to the rebels?

Also if anyone has something they would like me to do let me know.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 16, 2017, 01:35:17 am »

Chubby2man, would it be possible for me to boost the fleets finances with my smuggling? For instance running supplies from my back market contacts through the blockade to the rebels?

Boosting finances is a GREAT things (like how the fleet has a [permanent?] +10 boost to exotics on the [general?] black market :3)
I'm assuming these boosts are temporary as prices and resources fluctuate, of course.

Also I do believe I should've focused on Metals given that it seems to be the most used resource in terms of ship repairs and otherwise, but I picked Rare metals to help the more specified and better uses.
Otherwise it could also be abstracted as a better quality modifier to anything that requires metals!

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 16, 2017, 03:53:11 pm »

Definitely! You can make some good money if you want to smuggle stuff to the rebels. I'll include some options for missions next update.

Boosting finances is a GREAT things (like how the fleet has a [permanent?] +10 boost to exotics on the [general?] black market :3)
I'm assuming these boosts are temporary as prices and resources fluctuate, of course.

Also I do believe I should've focused on Metals given that it seems to be the most used resource in terms of ship repairs and otherwise, but I picked Rare metals to help the more specified and better uses.
Otherwise it could also be abstracted as a better quality modifier to anything that requires metals!

Metal is very important! I'd say rare stuff is generally used for things like Madman's arc cannon and other upgrades, but you can use rare metals, and because the material is "better" it reduces the cost by 25% for general shipbuilding and repairs.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]