Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Bay12 Evo Game  (Read 11368 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Bay12 Evo Game
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2017, 03:17:19 pm »

according to google, oxygeni is latin for oxygen
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2017, 03:36:35 pm »

The Fames start rapidly evolving the ability to breathe oxygen becoming Fames aeris (air because there is no Latin word for oxygen)
Got it. They are now breathing oxygen. They thrive, and bring the other populations to lower levels, making it so that it is less hard for creatures to find something breathable. Only half of the algae must roll. Also, I don't think any creatures eat the poisonous algae. That is some evolutionary potential.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2017, 04:17:37 pm »

I have updated The Chart with all species and also the things that MrLurkety has declared extinct. I will now start working on an encyclopedia of everything that survived.

Got it. They are now breathing oxygen. They thrive, and bring the other populations to lower levels, making it so that it is less hard for creatures to find something breathable. Only half of the algae must roll. Also, I don't think any creatures eat the poisonous algae. That is some evolutionary potential.

Algae should survive the oxygen catastrophe just fine, they produce CO2 as well so they won't run out of things to breathe. And I don't recall poisonous algae... the only one fitting that description was Algae 17, but that was declared modkilled in your chart so I've set it to extinct (superseded by the acri and its descendents, the motile algae and viruses)
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2017, 04:46:09 pm »

Phagos lucerna grows larger to take advantage of the larger algae

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2017, 06:52:36 pm »

Phagos lucerna grows larger to take advantage of the larger algae
What does it evolve from?
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2017, 08:32:38 pm »

Phagos lucerna is an already existing, non extinct creature according to the chart, oh yeah.... I forgot a latin name again, call it..... Phagod amplus (latin for large)

Urist McNuup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2017, 01:54:57 am »

Some Phagos Oculos evolved to breathe oxygen. This allowed them to grow larger, alomst trippling in size, and forced them to develop larger flaggellas to still move around effectivly. They are called Phagos Oceanos.

Urist McNuup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2017, 01:58:41 am »

And I don't recall poisonous algae... the only one fitting that description was Algae 17, but that was declared modkilled in your chart so I've set it to extinct (superseded by the acri and its descendents, the motile algae and viruses)

I would think that the descendends of Algae 17 are poisonous also. But I don't remember where it died out.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]