Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why are my dwarfs spawn and start a fire?  (Read 1038 times)

StevedaG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Why are my dwarfs spawn and start a fire?
« on: May 09, 2017, 05:16:19 pm »

Like,this happens every time with every save i make

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Why are my dwarfs spawn and start a fire?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 09:09:22 am »

lol, a fortress of pyromaniacs, check the raws thou, maybe reinstall (reunpack) the creature_entity raw

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 10:02:43 am »

It was succubus fire clothing somehow being created on a dwarf.... lol.  I think LMeire figured it out over in another post.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Khaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 06:12:02 pm »

Update on this topic, Amostubal. Apparently migrants can do this too, at least on v1.25. Some guy's new cheese maker walked up to his fortress, made it to the gates, and suddenly lit on fire, having worn a liquid fire shirt all the way there and having felt no reason to take it off at any point in the interim.
Just wanted you to be aware that it's not just at embark that this needs to get checked for if/when you/someone fix it.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 07:18:12 pm »

Okay so apparently for some reason liquid clothes are appearing on non succubus units!?!?  Talk about !!science!!  I'll ask succubus creator boltgun(dang phone autocorrect) to look into it since it's his stuff, maybe he made a recent change that affects were they can be produced... I don't know why it is suddenly now doing this.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:57:11 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 08:20:16 pm »

If anyone comes across this again and have a save point prior to it happening, please zip your data\save\region folder and post it somewhere... I want to inspect this liquid fire object.... trying to figure out how dwarves are getting it... but I don't see any way for it to be available to dwarves.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group