Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Paradox Interactive Succession Game World (From CKII to EUIV to Vic2 to HoI4)  (Read 19914 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile

So, if another turn for a player comes up while we're still in the CKII phase, do we play as the current head of our old dynasty, or pick someone new?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

So, if another turn for a player comes up while we're still in the CKII phase, do we play as the current head of our old dynasty, or pick someone new?

Any living member of your old dynasty, if it is still alive.  If not, then you pick someone new.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

You know, looking over the map, it looks like Asturias still hasn't lost any territory, and in fact seems to be at war with the Umyyads.  And hey, has East Francia changed over to Germany?  Also, who is the blue guy who stole a couple Ireland counties?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile

The Blue Irish are a revolt. The current Child-King is still pagan, and his Christian little brother is rebelling against him.

EDIT: East Francia and Aquitaine are still Karling-held.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 04:31:40 pm by LordBrassroast »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Germany is run by a non-Karling. Its some French dynasty instead. The Umayyads may fall apart at some point.

I was playing as a patrician in a merhcant republic, but he was the last of his line, so the game ended when he died. I switched over to the Kingdom of Pala in Northeastern India, and my guy is in the middle of the Immortality event chain, so he'll either die or become immortal from it. Either way I'll hand over the save after whichever result happens.

I also have Monks and Mystics enabled, so when I post the save, someone might want to see if its compatible.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Can't you turn off M&M DLC even if you have it?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Here's the save. I forgot to grab a screen cap of the whole world before I quit the game, sorry about that.

Can't you turn off M&M DLC even if you have it?
I just checked, and you can  load and play the save even if you don't have M&M active, so we should be fine there.

Meet Maharaja Gopala Pala II "the Inquisitor" of the kingdom of Pala. In 833, he is 48 and fighting a war to take over the Kingdom of Bihar next door. There's some small fighting adding a few provinces to the kingdom, but that's the biggest territory grab for the next 12 years.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After winning that war, he becomes extremely religious, joining the Buddhist monastic order of the Savaka-Sangha, taking the Theology focus, a vow of celibacy and going on a pilgrimage.

However, he also kills his grandson to ensure his favorite son inherits both kingdoms, and has an affair with a female monastic poet. However, plenty of apostates get executed too.

At 54, Gopala II decides to try for immortality with the help of a 9-year-old. And he doesn't get it, but does get a new body, but unfortunately his kingdom is split in two again between his son and his new form.

Spoiler: Death Screen (click to show/hide)

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I forgot to grab a screen cap of the whole world before I quit the game, sorry about that.

You still have the save, don't you?  Shouldn't take that long to get one.

Cicero hasn't been on since the 21st.  While we could wait, there is no guarantee of when he will return, and I would like this succession game to keep a high pace considering we still have around eleven hundred years to go through.  As such, I'm going to bump him down one slot and have WolfHunter be the next person, unless Cicero shows up before Wolf confirms he picked up the save and has chosen a ruler.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I forgot to grab a screen cap of the whole world before I quit the game, sorry about that.

Cicero hasn't been on since the 21st.  While we could wait, there is no guarantee of when he will return, and I would like this succession game to keep a high pace considering we still have around eleven hundred years to go through.  As such, I'm going to bump him down one slot and have WolfHunter be the next person, unless Cicero shows up before Wolf confirms he picked up the save and has chosen a ruler.

I'm here! Is is alright if I grab the save?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Wolf hasn't shown up, so feel free.  Remember, don't use Conclave.

Heh, just thought of a fun thing you could do due to your username.  Take control of a Merchant Republic, then try to make the county of Rome into a Republic once more.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wolf hasn't shown up, so feel free.  Remember, don't use Conclave.

Heh, just thought of a fun thing you could do due to your username.  Take control of a Merchant Republic, then try to make the county of Rome into a Republic once more.

The Commune of Rome shall rise again! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commune_of_Rome

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

The Commune of Rome shall rise again! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commune_of_Rome

Can it really rise again if the current date of the save is around three hundred years before it was established?

Also, bonus objective.  Make the County of Rome the capital of the Merchant Republic if you can.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm the Doge's are all pretty old. Playing them and expecting to get anywhere might be pretty impossible.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Hmm the Doge's are all pretty old. Playing them and expecting to get anywhere might be pretty impossible.

You can select houses under them if you select one of them from the vassals list.  Learned that during a Merchant Republic multiplayer game.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9