Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Paradox Interactive Succession Game World (From CKII to EUIV to Vic2 to HoI4)  (Read 19992 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Heheh. Congrats!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Congrats have a nice reign of terror?

Well OK then. Note to self: Stay far, FAR away from any countries ruled by Zanzetkuken. They might just turn into Catholic/Inquisition states.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Congrats have a nice reign of terror?

Well OK then. Note to self: Stay far, FAR away from any countries ruled by Zanzetkuken. They might just turn into Catholic/Inquisition states.

That's just it, you won't be able to run from my country, as I have the ability to do a straight shot for a Merchant Republic.  With no rival republics anywhere close, we're going to be everywhere under the new order!
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't any of the games (Kinda want one. Which one is the best overall, anyway?). Any gameplay-based jokes fall on deaf ears. But feel free to explain.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Fun fact, it turns out by secretly converting, then openly stating you are now a different religion, you don't lose the zealous trait.  In other news, the only nobility and courtiers left anywhere in the Kingdom of Kola are the King, his wife, his three kids, and two bishops.  In yet other news, the king is now known as the 'Son of the Devil' after performing an action that would later inspire the inquisitions.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So you went through with murdering everybody?
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

So you went through with murdering everybody?

Well once you start doing so, you kinda have to follow through to get rid of all the negative opinion modifiers.  On the plus side, it made me really rich and since my income is so low, hiring new people or requresting them to come to my court isn't too big of a deal.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You request they come to the murderous court of murder and they actually do it????

Mad. Simply mad.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Had a map appearance modification running, but shouldn't affect anything as it was an ironman compatible one.  I'll be putting up details later, but the save and the above 'end of turn' map I'm putting up now.  Fun little fact about Lombardy, it changed the primary Kingdom over to Africa at some point early in my turn for inexplicable reasons, then was changed to Italy due to one of the heirs getting Frankish culture somehow.

Also, Tawa, your dynasty lost hold of the Kingdom of Ireland, and now composes of three guys holding land around the Northern Ireland area of the modern world.  Sorry about that, I got dragged into a war by an alliance with Northumbria's queen.  Could have done a 'few sec siege before leaving', but I managed to get a regular marriage with her and my eldest son and I thought I was pressing her claim (Plus, I kinda wanted to continue 'my dynasty is the source of your dynasty's problems').  Turns out it was for her vassal (which then went free), and then my son died without giving her a kid.  Only the AI won in that mess.

save
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:55:50 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Gosh, what happened to my Lombardy. Even the AI should have been able to not fuck up that badly. From what I see, in twenty years they: A) Failed to usurp either Burgundy or Germany or create the HRE. B) Created Africa and split the Kingdom C) Lost all of Africa. and D) Lost a big independence war. Jeez. :o

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Gosh, what happened to my Lombardy. Even the AI should have been able to not fuck up that badly. From what I see, in twenty years they: A) Failed to usurp either Burgundy or Germany or create the HRE. B) Created Africa and split the Kingdom C) Lost all of Africa. and D) Lost a big independence war. Jeez. :o

I find it hilarious that Italy still has a county around Tunisia, while Africa is entirely in Germany.  Though as for the Pakhorasids that wrecked the African holdings themselves before the independence war got the rest free...I honestly have no idea where they come from.

Fun little fact, before the game screwed up at one point, the Pope called for a Crusade against Andalusia, which could have wiped out the Umayyads.  Sadly, that didn't happen a second time and it was years before a later Pope declared on the Abdullahid's Jerusalem holdings.  Also sadly, every single son of my character's line that participated in the Crusade died.  Also in other news, I attempted three holy wars, one went inconclusive and the other two failed, despite me having called in both Sweden and Denmark into the wars against the one county Livonia and the three county Curonia.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Just a quick question: is there any chance we could do a parallel Eu4 offshoot if and when we get to the Eu4->HoI transition? IIRC Eu4 lets you keep playing after hitting 1821 so long as you're not in Ironman.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Just a quick question: is there any chance we could do a parallel Eu4 offshoot if and when we get to the Eu4->HoI transition? IIRC Eu4 lets you keep playing after hitting 1821 so long as you're not in Ironman.

I think you mean EU4 -> Vic2, though I don't see why we couldn't do that.  Heck, if all the end dates are modifiable, we could technically have each version before Hearts of Iron 4 (not including due to that one ending in a world conquest.  (Could transition it to Stellaris for the fun of it.)) continue on after the transition, with the transition between games being the main timeline and the extended games being alternative timelines.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:36:45 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Yeah, EU4->VicII. I think CKII and Vicky both have set end dates, though.

By the way, I think it would be a good idea to end CKII at 1444 instead of 1453, since 1444 is the date the new EU4 game is set at regardless of when the CKII game ended. I don't know how the EU4->VicII converter works, but if possible it might be a good idea to wait until 1836 there, as well.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Yeah, EU4->VicII. I think CKII and Vicky both have set end dates, though.

Just use a small mod to modify the end dates and play with that on.

By the way, I think it would be a good idea to end CKII at 1444 instead of 1453, since 1444 is the date the new EU4 game is set at regardless of when the CKII game ended. I don't know how the EU4->VicII converter works, but if possible it might be a good idea to wait until 1836 there, as well.

I'm thinking we should use the default end date breaks as what amounts to a buffer zone, where the turn that ends in it is the last one.  May be a slight gap, but what's a couple years when we are running a game over about 1200 years?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9