Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Paradox Interactive Succession Game World (From CKII to EUIV to Vic2 to HoI4)  (Read 19975 times)

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm the Doge's are all pretty old. Playing them and expecting to get anywhere might be pretty impossible.

You can select houses under them if you select one of them from the vassals list.  Learned that during a Merchant Republic multiplayer game.

Actually that's a good idea. Patrician Pemmo of Varbertingi it is!

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm the Doge's are all pretty old. Playing them and expecting to get anywhere might be pretty impossible.

You can select houses under them if you select one of them from the vassals list.  Learned that during a Merchant Republic multiplayer game.

Actually that's a good idea. Patrician Pemmo of Varbertingi it is!

(Nevermind he's a crazy bastard secluded with his courtiers and plotting to kill his cousin. I'm just going to pick someone else lol, the merchant republic thing isn't working out)

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright so I picked the last remaining Zoroastrian ruler in the world, Khagan Fereedun of Khwatawch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Over the course of his life Fereedun launched several wars of conquest, incessantly raiding his neighbours for money to build a larger warband.

He was said to have loved his small cat more than all of his many wives, lovers, and concubines put together and he forced his court to attend a costly funeral when his feline companion died.

Fereedun was a very devout man, and in keeping with his Zoroastrian faith he married his daughter and sun in holy union. Although he was confused why Ahura would give such sickly and frail children to such a holy couple...

In 854 his western conquests were consolidated under a new clan, Lushan, loyal blood brothers of the Khwatawch.

Finally, Khagan Fereedun died in 872 at age 60, peacefully in his war tent, surrounded by his loyal warriors. Known as a kind and charitable man, and a fierce warrior, he fathered many children and established a dynasty that will hopefully last for a long time to come.

However he died while at war and it is unclear whether his son and heir Fatmiwach has the stomach to defeat his Yugra foes...

Anyway that's my turn, nothing dramatic, I just wanted to see if I could help Zoroastrianism hang on a bit longer. Here's the save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B03joa7XpdiodlBKdGtIWWxNZ1U

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I'll try to start my turn later this afternoon. Any suggestions for where I should play?
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Don't forget to put up a map of the world as it was at the end of your turn, Cicero.  It's neat to see how the whole world is messing around, especially since we didn't get one from Persus and you just did a ~30 year run.

Okay, I'll try to start my turn later this afternoon. Any suggestions for where I should play?

How about someone in the Byzantine Empire?  Haven't had anyone in that area of the world yet.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile

Just not the Basileus. We've been sticking to less powerful rulers so far.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Just not the Basileus. We've been sticking to less powerful rulers so far.

He can choose the Basileus if he wishes.  Though it should be noted that the character is a kid, meaning either a short or a long turn may be ahead.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: The World in 872 (click to show/hide)
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Looks like my dynasty has expanded the Kingdom of Pala a bit since my ruler. Ireland is still together, and Kola seems to be holding its own against Sweden still.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, they're pretty evenly matched in terms of levies and vassels. Rus is also pretty powerful, but not to the level of Kola, who they are trying(and failing) to subjugate.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Yeah, they're pretty evenly matched in terms of levies and vassels. Rus is also pretty powerful, but not to the level of Kola, who they are trying(and failing) to subjugate.

Diving into the save, it seems the failure is mainly due to a Tribal Army having been raised, granting about 5k event troops to Kola.  Dynasty is also a bit weak right now too, with only seven living members and most of them being female.  Still, it means the land is pretty much in Primogenture succession, granting it a roughly equal strength to Sweden.

Looking around, it seems there are three adjacent Bohemias, and the Lombards are making great progress in taking Africa.  Also, both the still alive Saxony and Poland have really nice borders.  Oh, and Kroran is doing a really good job of assimilating the start of the Silk Road.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sorry to say that the Karlings appear to be completely extinct.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've just finished playing my turn, so expect the writeup by the day after tomorrow.

I'm saving the map at death for the writeup, but highlights include the Byzantines spending nearly 40 years fighting perpetual claimant wars, even more fragmentation in Germany and Western India, Rus blobbing like there's no tomorrow, and Saxony getting cut in half by a crusade. All of the player realms held together, too from what I can tell.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:13:22 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9