Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Where did you first hear about Dwarf Fortress?  (Read 12933 times)

Yannanth

« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2010, 02:10:46 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:10:23 pm by Yannanth »

Bird2234

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you first hear about Dwarf Fortress?
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2010, 02:41:36 pm »

I read about it in an article in Gameinformer called "Top 100 Free Games", or something similar. Downloaded it, and the rest is history.

Gilferedir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2010, 04:25:20 pm »

First post on the forums, and just recently discovered the wonders of Dwarf Fortress.  I read about it on a Kotaku forum post.  They had an article about what to buy and what not to buy (E3 season of course) and they left out everything PC.  So someone on the forums started their own thread about PC stuff.  Of course the usual, pc's cost too much, graphics this and graphics that conversation started.  Then someone replied about how graphics aren't everything and gave a list of games that didn't require a $4k gaming pc to play, and Dwarf Fortress was at the top of his list. :)

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2010, 08:10:01 pm »

gave a list of games that didn't require a $4k gaming pc to play, and Dwarf Fortress was at the top of his list. :)
How is that possible?  A subpar PC will melt under the pressure!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2010, 03:45:21 am »

I first got into it because I saw all the threads on /tg/ about it, a year and a bit ago.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]