Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447483 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1410 on: December 08, 2017, 06:15:57 pm »

((Oh, I didn't notice because you didn't bold it, I guess :P))

Team Tala

Winston keeping watch. Using M1 Garand if an enemy shows up.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 09, 2017, 02:57:23 am »

"I got some chains and knives and junk, Ed.  You can have those if they'd be useful, I guess."
"I bet we could rig some nasty surprises with those, Simon. Just remember where we parked them, eh?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 09, 2017, 03:44:40 am »

((Oh, I didn't notice because you didn't bold it, I guess :P))

Team Tala

Winston keeping watch. Using M1 Garand if an enemy shows up.
"This reminds me of something. I don't know the layout of this ship, but if there's any weapon emplacements nearby that we can use, please get to them, people."

Added to previous action.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1413 on: December 10, 2017, 01:21:25 pm »

Peak my head out the door and perform overwatch for everyone standing outside the comms room. If I see anything that looks like a threat, shoot it.

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)

Now is no time to be playing a cooperative team based shooter!

Instead I'll have you train your gun on the deck  and shoot anyone dangerous that shows up

"Finally got here, didya? Took you long enough." Bob muttered to the group around the door. "Well, I brought a prybar to try to get in, so. . . cover the opening, and don't shoot me."

Bob will begin trying to crack the ice and pry the door open, while not standing directly in front of where bullets might come through if the door opens. If anyone objects, or thinks they can do it better, he'll let them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You jam the prybar into the door and give it a good hard pull. The ice cracks loudly and the door grinds open a few inches. You step to the side and kick the door square in the center, opening it about a foot more. No bullets come out from the darkness inside so you poke your head in and have a look. The room about 15 feet by 15 feet with counters along the walls holding radio equipment. The entire room is frosted over and the lights are out. In the corner of the room are three figures laying in the fetal position, apparently unconcious or dead. Bone and his two body guards. There's no sign of anything else.

((Cheese, thanks Piecewise! I've been wondering [OOC] where that frozen door was, and it was actually that one :X
That saved a lot of confusion.))

"Any word, Radioman? Can you transmit any response out loud?" Tala said, awaiting his response as the group traveled to the comms room. "Please don't tell me we're facing the same static."

When they had reached the area, she was surprised to see another commando team already trying the site. She then communicated a summary of what happened after Bob told her what was up with the frozen stuff.
Spoiler: Something like this (click to show/hide)

"Try to keep the radioman covered, people. He's our only signaller present. Did you try contacting the comms room?"

Recognizing Bob, she wondered on an idea. "Should I send another runner back to HQ? We lack a mechanic in case anything is damaged."

EITHER: Overwatch on the area. If I can use my scope or binoculars and keep some kind of vision and protection with my rifle, do it. I'm not necessarily useful at the range of 'short' given covering the entry, but I can keep watch in this rainstorm, I hope. (Unless the rifle brings nice stopping power as an added gun; provide overwatch on the vicinity)

OR: If my skill is better off with one of those weapon emplacements:
Make my way to the machine gun near the second funnel, and aim it towards the brige station where the enemies are.

If the prybar fails, try ordering blasting the ice by ordering someone with a shotgun to do so (or something. I hope someone brought a flamethrower :v)

Either way, get an order out that any nearby weapon emplacements would be manned by the others with my team. Order out those other people!

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

You climb up and get behind the nearest emplaced 50 Cal, turning it towards the bridge.  You would think they'd build these things so that they couldn't aim at the ship itself, but apparently not.

So you wanna give me an actual dream that's not some edgy bullshit or what. If not I'm gonna wake up, but I'm not going to go assault some dumb nazis with just a pistol I stole from somebody on this tedious-ass mission of following folks and being confused by warships. So:

Try to think of something helpful to do that nobody else is doing and that's relevant to my skills. And then do that.

You dream about a room. Its a concrete room with a big metal door and a viewing window on one side. The ceiling is low, maybe 5 and a half feet tall, but long and wide. In the center there are 4 smooth metal rods  forming the corners of a 20 by 20 square. Within the square is a thin coat of white dust; it is only in the square and nowhere else. Electricity begins to crackle between the poles and the floor vibrates. The dust shifts and moves, lifting off the ground in coherent clumps as though lifted by something invisible beneath it.

Team Bridge Busting Bears

Go check to see if our targets are still messing with the bridge. Report back as soon as their presence can be accurately confirmed.

"Shouldn't we blow as soon as possible? I heard someone say that they saw the Krauts leaving the bridge. The longer we wait, the less likely it will be that they are still there. In fact, I'm going to check to see if they're still there. Be right back!"

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
The storm is so bad that it basically obscures a clear view of anything more than maybe 20 feet away. So you can't really see the bridge without effectively walking right up into it.

"Alright, guys. I need items for traps. we gotta put out some surprises for those assholes, since most of them are probably no longer on the bridge. Let's get shit set up! Find me [various trap related items]."

Ede reflects momentarily on how little resistance he is getting to his plan to save everyone by blowing large holes in our floating home. He then shrugs and makes the above request for his teammates to help him gather trapping equipment. Ed will use what's available to trap more locations nearby. He also makes the below request for Radio to attempt to triangulate the source of the enemy command chick's voice. ((I know that's not how triangulation works.))

"Radio, my man, can you tune in more clearly to their signal? Hmm, can you tell which direction that woman's voice is coming from? turn slowly in a circle, let's see where the signal is strongest.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
Despite your request I don't see anyone actually looking for trap things for you.

"Radio, triangulate the commander's position"

"You know that's not how triangulation works, right?"

"Yes."

"Then why did you ask?"

"Good question. "

Everyone else is a "Overwatch" action so I'll be skipping their posts and the replies of "Ya sure do".

A bolt of lightning strikes the comm's tower and for a moment the shape of a man can be seen atop it. The light fades and the man vanishes, jumping just as the last illumination dims. The sound of loud thumps comes from somewhere on the upper deck, moving towards the back of the boat.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 10, 2017, 01:24:46 pm »

You try to contact the 888th radio bands and find that while they are still blocked, the interference pattern has changed. Now what was once entirely unintelligible is just barely understandable as speech, though in a language you can't understand. Its that same Slavic language that you heard on the Nazi radio before, the same voice too, you think.

"Hold up, I might be able to tune into their frequency all of a sudden. Sir, if you don't immediately need me for anything, I might have an idea."

If I can tune in to the frequency that woman is speaking on, that means I can broadcast on that frequency as well, right? If yes, start broadcasting some music on that frequency (or, if the voice is on every frequency, then broadcast on every frequency) loudly to interfere with the signal and drown it in noise. Perhaps some Sabaton? Or perhaps some really shitty country music. No wait, make it really shitty country music with Sabaton lyrics, that oughta give 'em pause.

Go to another room/part of the ship if broadcasting the interference also means making sound regularly as to avoid giving away our position.

If the above isn't possible/doesn't work, just provide cover for this team with the rifle.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

My action got skipped :(

Got a quick resolution to the action in pm:
Your broadcasting of the signal works, but if it has an effect you can't tell. And they don't track you. So if you wanna quote this into the thread, go ahead.

"Sir, perhaps blowing the ceiling and moving up through it would allow us to begin flanking the Nazi's between us and the other team that's downstairs. I suspect a more proactive approach might be better right now. Or we could go check what the hell just made that noise, I doubt it's Santa coming early this year. Your call, of course."

Continue with the interference, unless this group actually starts moving or attacking, in which case follow and cover with my rifle.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:56:23 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 10, 2017, 01:31:50 pm »

((I'm dropping out. This game simply isn't fun enough to continue. Feel free to use and abuse my character for medical support during the remainder of the mission, I'm set up in the mess hall.))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 10, 2017, 02:29:24 pm »

PW, I think you skipped my action of 'Go outside and look for enemies', though Charlie may have covered it.

Team Going Solo

"GOING TO BACK OF SHIP! FOLLOW!"

Assuming I see the comm tower thing happen, go to back of ship. Shoot to kill.

Otherwise, edge around ship looking for enemies, on general paths way from the bridge.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 10, 2017, 04:55:01 pm »

"Fuck! It's General Bone!"

Bob will carefully (try not to trip the possible traps) enter the room, and prioritize making his way over to Bone and the other two, to check if they're still alive by pulse

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:56:38 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 10, 2017, 08:39:44 pm »

"It occurs to me that no one seems ot have thought to collect the rest of the crew. I sure do hope they haven't been slaughtered in their sleep. Boy, I know we kicked a hornet's nest back there on that base, but I didn't expect the Nazis to be this quick with retaliation. Nor this clever about finding us so fast."

Simon offered his stash of trap related stuff. Use that. Then, lead my group to crew quarters and rouse any of the crew that are there to battlestations. Give them all the relevant info. Try not to sound like a nutter about it though. Something along the lines of:
"we've got hostiles on board. German infiltrators. they've brought something fucky with them, too. Something like what we saw on our last mission, so be on your guard against weird shit. Also, it's stormy as balls out there, so bundle up!"

Team Bridge Bombers

"I got some chains and knives and junk, Ed.  You can have those if they'd be useful, I guess."

Keep guarding Ed, maybe make small talk with the crewman who I gave a rifle to.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1419 on: December 10, 2017, 11:40:31 pm »

Walk through the metal door (yup, right on through. dream logic.) and pry off one of those electric rods.
Then prepare to do battle using this great weapon! I shall defeat the mighty goat centaur cyclops!

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 11, 2017, 10:30:33 pm »

Embrace my inner Xcom Operative and continue to overwatch.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 12, 2017, 04:46:34 am »

If Milo's "Smith" character can be ordered by proxy--either by the NPC I sent back to the Mess Hall, or by some other initiative, group him as a support character over with other teams, if Smith cannot act and group up with my team.

((I'm assuming I can hear Bob over the killer rain--having been through many typhoons and signal 3+ storms myself, it will be difficult to even hear people over heavy rain :P))

ASSUMING I SAW THAT LIGHTNING FLASH: Fire a short burst of bullets where I saw the silhouette of the man.

OTHERWISE: (If what I assume, is that no ally is on the bridge, and firing in that area won't give off our general location that well), fire a few bursts at the bridge area.

OTHERWISE (if Tala knows it's a bad idea to shoot at the bridge without any backup from both her team and everyone else): Overwatch. Also check the bridge through my binoculars, and the surrounding areas.

"Do you need me over there? Medic Bag and Medical Training here."

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:57:27 am by Tiruin »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1422 on: December 12, 2017, 05:21:57 pm »

You try to contact the 888th radio bands and find that while they are still blocked, the interference pattern has changed. Now what was once entirely unintelligible is just barely understandable as speech, though in a language you can't understand. Its that same Slavic language that you heard on the Nazi radio before, the same voice too, you think.

"Hold up, I might be able to tune into their frequency all of a sudden. Sir, if you don't immediately need me for anything, I might have an idea."

If I can tune in to the frequency that woman is speaking on, that means I can broadcast on that frequency as well, right? If yes, start broadcasting some music on that frequency (or, if the voice is on every frequency, then broadcast on every frequency) loudly to interfere with the signal and drown it in noise. Perhaps some Sabaton? Or perhaps some really shitty country music. No wait, make it really shitty country music with Sabaton lyrics, that oughta give 'em pause.

Go to another room/part of the ship if broadcasting the interference also means making sound regularly as to avoid giving away our position.

If the above isn't possible/doesn't work, just provide cover for this team with the rifle.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

My action got skipped :(

Got a quick resolution to the action in pm:
Your broadcasting of the signal works, but if it has an effect you can't tell. And they don't track you. So if you wanna quote this into the thread, go ahead.

"Sir, perhaps blowing the ceiling and moving up through it would allow us to begin flanking the Nazi's between us and the other team that's downstairs. I suspect a more proactive approach might be better right now. Or we could go check what the hell just made that noise, I doubt it's Santa coming early this year. Your call, of course."

Continue with the interference, unless this group actually starts moving or attacking, in which case follow and cover with my rifle.
You spam more music while writing "This Machine Kills Facists" on the side of your head.

PW, I think you skipped my action of 'Go outside and look for enemies', though Charlie may have covered it.

Team Going Solo

"GOING TO BACK OF SHIP! FOLLOW!"

Assuming I see the comm tower thing happen, go to back of ship. Shoot to kill.

Otherwise, edge around ship looking for enemies, on general paths way from the bridge.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Apologies, wasn't my best that day.

You run to the back of the ship and stand off with the rest off the group back there.

Bob will carefully (try not to trip the possible traps) enter the room, and prioritize making his way over to Bone and the other two, to check if they're still alive by pulse

[hidden]
You carefully move across the room, stepping lightly and scanning your eyes back and forth. After maybe 30 seconds of intense scrutiny you finally make it over to Bone. You check him over carefully as well, making sure they didn't just put his body on a landmine or something. Once you're sure he's not boobytrapped, you check his pulse. He's alive, but barely. His body is very cold and his heartbeat is slowed to a frightening degree. One of his body guards is dead, but the other is in the same shape as Bone: not dead but on the way.

"It occurs to me that no one seems ot have thought to collect the rest of the crew. I sure do hope they haven't been slaughtered in their sleep. Boy, I know we kicked a hornet's nest back there on that base, but I didn't expect the Nazis to be this quick with retaliation. Nor this clever about finding us so fast."

Simon offered his stash of trap related stuff. Use that. Then, lead my group to crew quarters and rouse any of the crew that are there to battlestations. Give them all the relevant info. Try not to sound like a nutter about it though. Something along the lines of:
"we've got hostiles on board. German infiltrators. they've brought something fucky with them, too. Something like what we saw on our last mission, so be on your guard against weird shit. Also, it's stormy as balls out there, so bundle up!"

Team Bridge Bombers

Keep guarding Ed, maybe make small talk with the crewman who I gave a rifle to.

You run over to the nebulous Tala manpile and drop a grenade trap halfway down the length of the lower deck on the way. You tell everyone about it as you pass them and head straight through the door into the crew quarters.

The crew quarters is down a steep set of stairs or a ladder, depending on how you wanna view it,  and consists of basically nothing but a series of folding bunks on the walls. And it is a mess. The ladder down to it is warped from heat and bears burnt footprints while charred blood dots the walls. The berthing space extends in both directions from the ladder, forward and back, and the back section is an abattoir. Men died here but you have no idea how many; the place is just coated in gore  and bits of human bodies. You can't even tell how they died; but judging from the snapped and twisted rifles and metal bunks, it was by something of unimaginable force.

The forward berthing area is blocked by a bulkhead door and the door is so badly warped and damaged that you don't think you could get it open without a cutting torch. But you can hear people inside.

Walk through the metal door (yup, right on through. dream logic.) and pry off one of those electric rods.
Then prepare to do battle using this great weapon! I shall defeat the mighty goat centaur cyclops!

You move through the door without difficulty but when you try to touch the rod you find your hand moves straight through it. Or rather, that you have no hands. You seem to have no body whatsoever.

The dust distorts and changes shapes until it seems to focus in and become a representation of a body of water, waves flowing across its surface.

Embrace my inner Xcom Operative and continue to overwatch.
"At least this mission doesn't have some sort of bullshit timer on it."

If Milo's "Smith" character can be ordered by proxy--either by the NPC I sent back to the Mess Hall, or by some other initiative, group him as a support character over with other teams, if Smith cannot act and group up with my team.

((I'm assuming I can hear Bob over the killer rain--having been through many typhoons and signal 3+ storms myself, it will be difficult to even hear people over heavy rain :P))

ASSUMING I SAW THAT LIGHTNING FLASH: Fire a short burst of bullets where I saw the silhouette of the man.

OTHERWISE: (If what I assume, is that no ally is on the bridge, and firing in that area won't give off our general location that well), fire a few bursts at the bridge area.

OTHERWISE (if Tala knows it's a bad idea to shoot at the bridge without any backup from both her team and everyone else): Overwatch. Also check the bridge through my binoculars, and the surrounding areas.

"Do you need me over there? Medic Bag and Medical Training here."

I dunno dude, I'd prefer to just have him vanish, maybe leaving his stuff behind.

You fire into the storm, trying to guess where the man might be. You're not sure if you hit.

A few seconds later the grenade trap that Ed set up on his way past goes off. Its maybe 40 feet down the length of the ship and the flash of light is like a flashbulb in the dark, burning the blast into your retinas. The outlines of men stand out in that blast, caught in the expanding cloud of shrapnel. The pounding sound of boots stops with the blast and the storm howls even louder, waves whipping the boat back and forth, threatening to capsize it.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 12, 2017, 05:52:42 pm »

Run towards the explosion. Shoot any enemies, then help wounded friendlies, if there are any.

Spoiler: Hank Carter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1424 on: December 12, 2017, 06:09:02 pm »

Ooh! Make the dust take the form of a ducky!

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 228