Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447577 times)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1740 on: February 22, 2018, 10:28:44 pm »

take the surgical tape out of the aid kit, tape the flashlight to the rifle,put on the gun belt, put my magazines in, sew a razor into my cap,  put notebook into inside pocket, and requisition pistol. Also ask what the mission is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1741 on: February 22, 2018, 11:59:29 pm »

((I'm assuming room 344 isn't OUR room that we brought him to <_> Also added my badge into my inventory. Oops!))
"Well, I think Radio is feeling rather embarrassed by it, so I'll save the embellishments. Basically he speaks with voice low, leaning in conspiratorially, "He gave us away. I think he was attempting a joke, but he straight up asked the guy if he was a spy. So, that particular gentleman is probably not going to get us anywhere now - he knows we're hunting them. And if he doesn't return by a certain time, likely the whole ring will up and move shop to some other neighborhood, maybe lay low for a while until things settle down for them."
Ed, check room 344. You've a mechanics kit as far as I know. That was his room, as far as they told me when I asked with management. I'll keep watch out here for anything. You're the best man for that...and apparently his friend?

Tala keeps watch outside (or in any place within earshot of reception inside), inconspicuously browsing the local news (because it is intriguing). Priorities are people who could be connected in anyway to that one guy that got cuffed up or looking for him.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
You stand around near the front, keeping watch. The biggest headline in the local newspapers is that "US and British forces link up near Carentan forming a solid 50-mile battle line"

"Heh, Charlie. Guess it means I'm pretty inconspicuous here, so that's good." Bob murmured to himself.

Stakeout! Bob's gonna just fiddle with his pistol right now. Disassembling it, maybe cleaning it, then putting it back together with the suppressor on.

You watch Charlie and Tala idly amusing themselves while cleaning, and recleaning your pistol. For a moment you think you might have seen something but it turns out to be a truck delivering food.

To Tala:
"344 eh? Alright. Hmm. Maybe a mechanic's kit isn't the best way here, but it could come in handy, anyway. Now, I wonder when the guy infamous in the 888th for solving every problem with high explosives became the best man for a quiet infiltration job? Well, let's do what we do, I guess.

Oh hey, you got some pull with the desk, then? See if you can't get a skeleton key (that's a sort of universal key that should open any door in the building), or at least, a copy of the room key. Maybe have them dial our boss for confirmation that we need it."

Action:
Ed goes up to the rented room, to a) relieve the captive of his room key, and b) converse with the other interrogators, preferaly out of earshot of said captive:

"Tala says this guy is in room 344. ((Probably the room key will confirm or correct this info)). Simon, would you like to set up across the street from that room and be ready to shoot? Any other snipers too. As for the rest, we should set up at the ends of the hallway, maybe have someone rappel down from the roof (or balcony, if we have those). I'd like the best German speaker to come with me, but I warn you, I'm probably going to die, and so is anyone within about ... oh, say twenty feet or so of me. Hmm. speaking of which, might want to quietly clear out the rooms immediately below and above our target. Maybe the ones left and right, too, if we can do it without tipping anyone off. Hey! Ask the Kraut what the secret knock is!

Oh hey! I bet we could smoke 'em out! Someone set a trash can fire and we'll set off the fire call. Oh, don't do it yet, though! Just because this fellow was in 344, doesn't mean they all are. But he did shout downstairs, did he not? so they are probably nearby at any rate.

Action, continued:
Ed will find a quiet spot(so as to not accidentally immolate everyone else), rig up a deadman's switch on one of his satchel charges, and prepare to head to room 344.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
You go up to the room and together you forcibly search through the man's pockets. He has little on him aside from an empty flask, a key, and a wallet with many bills in it. The key, however, is not for a room in this building, or if it is the lock is very different from the on this room's door. You take it, regardless. You also speak in front of him and while he says nothing, you notice him flinch a bit when you say 344.

[6] You set up a dead man switch on one of your satchel charges, a simple hand switch to hold.

Be in the same place as our hostage.  Take out the lightning rifle and inspect/toy with it; I know it has a limited magazine, but if it's unloaded, could it still shock as a melee weapon?  Or, more relevantly, a torture device?

Teleporting to room.

The rifle's mechanism is difficult to comprehend but you think that if you hold the trigger down and press the barrel against something, it might shock it.

You order a drink but...can you drink?

No idea, but question is, do I really need to? I think that sitting there with some alcohol and sulking is easily half the work of drinking your sorrows.
You order two drinks and sulk with one in either hand for double the effect.

I'll use my interrogation skills, and language skills (already so eloquently demonstrated), to take over the interrogation myself.

...assist.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
I'll use my interrogation skills, and language skills (already so eloquently demonstrated), to take over the interrogation myself.

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
[6]
Carolina speaks to the man in German for a while until finally the man talks back to her. He's reluctant to say anything, but does admit that he was helping some other men print the defeatist paper. He says he was just a messenger and delivery man though, and doesn't know much about the actual goings on of the paper. He knows they're doing propaganda work but he doesn't seem to consider himself a spy. Judging by his general outlook, he was probably some low level german soldier thrown in with more seasoned spies to do their dirty work. It would explain his...sloppy actions.

take the surgical tape out of the aid kit, tape the flashlight to the rifle,put on the gun belt, put my magazines in, sew a razor into my cap,  put notebook into inside pocket, and requisition pistol. Also ask what the mission is.

Alright then, you get yourself very well set up and ready.

Now, as per the mission and whats going on, I'm going to assume you're in the room with the guys who acted just above you there. You should ask them.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 23, 2018, 05:52:31 am »

((Did...anyone...FULLY search the guy? Or at least search him for any listening devices? :V))
You also speak in front of him and while he says nothing, you notice him flinch a bit when you say 344.
((Good job Ozarck. :P))

Nothing out. So what's the plan? Tala radioed at Edward Bohring, presuming there was more to his talk with Radioman, and noticing that she did not acquire the room key (nor could she). I'm really feeling this is the nectar to our lead here, whoever that guy is. If we've persuasive german speakers, we can do something with whatever is needed. And here I was, thinking I could blend in and join them...Anyway, are you picking the lock in?
 What did you find? Anything else you want to order, out?

She switched channels to nudge Simon Smith.
Any news? We sorely need a plan for this. Coordination. Anything to get us on the track. All we know is the effort really likes being disconnected with its pawns. But there should be a connection.

And after further skimming the third page news, she paged Carolina (Lupanian), having seen her on a pass by before exiting the building, and knowing her skills, would be most likely interrogating the fellow.

Who sent him?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:19:06 am by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: February 23, 2018, 07:54:58 am »

((I don't believe we've frisked him properly, but we did go through his pockets, anyway.))

to Tala
"Flask, key, but not to the hotel room, lotsa cash. I was planning on just knocking on the door and walking in when they opened it. If that doesn't work, yeah, picking the lock maybe. Figured I'd go in with a bang - or at least with the threat of a bang. Which reminds me: Someone less ... volatile ... should probably hang on to this key, eh? Oh, put Radio on, wouldja?"

to Radio
"Hey, bud. Wanna come up and astonish some more Krauts? Or watch me make a fool of myself? Either way, promises to be entertaining. Bring me a beer if you come up. I'm gonna need it.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 23, 2018, 08:52:32 am »

Hey, uh, Lupanian, what are we doing?(in the mission)
And tiruin, do I get the pistol I asked for? If I did, what kind of pistol is it?
Follow Alice and Carolina and assist them any way I can.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 23, 2018, 10:54:34 am »

Heeey, waitaminute!

I already had one drink...

...and now I somehow ordered two more... Which means...

I now have three drinks! Three, ah ah ah.

But I only have two hands, so why would I...

"Hey, bud. Wanna come up and astonish some more Krauts? Or watch me make a fool of myself? Either way, promises to be entertaining. Bring me a beer if you come up. I'm gonna need it.
Piecewise confirmed for psychic.

Bring the man his drink and watch the interrogation. Assist where appropriate.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 23, 2018, 11:24:49 am »

Bob decides that five cleanings is enough, and goes back to listening on the radio. Stakeouts! Woo! Maybe he'll start counting how many lightbulbs are visible from his car.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 23, 2018, 11:25:08 am »

Make sure my satchel charge is not currently armed.
Then drink Beer with my talking Radio friend.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: February 23, 2018, 08:54:24 pm »

Ramp up interaction. Threaten him with bodily harm if he doesn't tell us every last thing he knows.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 23, 2018, 08:55:18 pm »

And tiruin, do I get the pistol I asked for? If I did, what kind of pistol is it?
((Hello and welcome to Bay12 young ally! \o/ You...have no pistol requested--nor can you get any extra one, other than what's in the starting class kit. I'm unsure too if you should list down having a butterfly knife as Piecewise didn't address that directly. Also you should fix up the formatting on your sheet there. :)

The mission briefing starts here; I usually add a 'Location' link to this post to help denote where we are [or at least where I am]; currently all of us {presumably all of us anyway?} are at a building directly adjacent to Park Crescent St. surrounding Park Square West))

((You're spending a whole turn doing that?!))

Continue being inconspicuous outside within earshot of the reception inside.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: February 23, 2018, 11:28:43 pm »

Well, it helps to not explode, you see? And it gives the others a chance to finish up with our pet Nazi. maybe to come up with a better plan than "deadman's switch and bluff by the drunken explosives guy."

Plus, it was funny.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1751 on: February 24, 2018, 10:28:02 pm »

((Hello and welcome to Bay12 young ally! \o/ You...have no pistol requested--nor can you get any extra one, other than what's in the starting class kit. I'm unsure too if you should list down having a butterfly knife as Piecewise didn't address that directly. Also you should fix up the formatting on your sheet there. :)

The mission briefing starts here; I usually add a 'Location' link to this post to help denote where we are [or at least where I am]; currently all of us {presumably all of us anyway?} are at a building directly adjacent to Park Crescent St. surrounding Park Square West))

Continue being inconspicuous outside within earshot of the reception inside.
Aggressive waiting continuing.

Ramp up interaction. Threaten him with bodily harm if he doesn't tell us every last thing he knows.

[5] It seems to work but you're being very vague and he just starts rambling off tons of completely meaningless information.

Your thing is ready but not armed. Eyebrows.

Well you go share that third beer with your friend, the amazing booze radio.

Bob decides that five cleanings is enough, and goes back to listening on the radio. Stakeouts! Woo! Maybe he'll start counting how many lightbulbs are visible from his car.

You listen to the radio for a while more.

Heeey, waitaminute!

I already had one drink...

...and now I somehow ordered two more... Which means...

I now have three drinks! Three, ah ah ah.

But I only have two hands, so why would I...

Piecewise confirmed for psychic.

Bring the man his drink and watch the interrogation. Assist where appropriate.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You stop sipping...well pouring booze into a speaker long enough interrupt the man's continuous rambling to ask him if there are any defenses on the room.

He tells you that there are multiple that he knows of. First, most of the other men are armed. Second, they've affixed incendiary bombs to the press and two other points in the room. Third, they have a rope ladder and have reinforced one room so that if they need to, they can set the bombs on a timer and then get out quickly. Oh and the front door is reinforced too. Several locks.

You join the two in threatening the prisoner with physical force. Mostly by cracking your knuckles and saying things in an almost impenetrable fake Brooklyn accent.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: February 25, 2018, 12:07:04 am »

Im assuming HQ will pick him up or something. So I'll leave him, and join the assault team thing.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1753 on: February 25, 2018, 12:16:14 am »

Given the description that the radioman got, it's probably best to set our bestsniper Simon somewhere outside, so he can use his handy suppressed scoped rifle to prevent or punish any cheeky sneaking out the window these guys attempt. If they know they'll get shot if they go out the window, and aren't suicidal, they can't set the bomb off without going up with it.

Anyway, assuming Simon does that I'll be outside with him. I have binoculars! I'm useful! And less likely to get shot this way!

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: February 25, 2018, 02:24:46 am »

((TFW the printing press is in a hotel...err, how is that even possible?))

Any news? How goes your drinks, Edward? Tala radioed in onto the only guy with professional mechanical skill. I'm wondering if we can order some room service while we're at it. I really wanted to do something with whomever we're supposed to find. Oh, also no luck with any skeleton key. You'll have to pick the lock.

She then flipped the radio to communicate with Simon. How's the weather up there buddy?

Look at the building from the outside. Admire the possible verandas or stuff, and imagine how anyone could get out from the third floor, if for example--there were people overhearing that German's...German.

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 228