Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447723 times)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #1950 on: April 26, 2018, 02:43:18 pm »

stealthy frontline combat?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 26, 2018, 02:52:46 pm »

Land-based approach facility stealth assault?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 26, 2018, 03:02:34 pm »

Until we get there, then the bombs go off?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 26, 2018, 03:21:36 pm »

I want to avoid air assault. No offense to our pilot, but PW is brutal about this.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 26, 2018, 03:31:08 pm »

Remember that one scene from Enemy at the Gates, The River Crossing to Stalingrad?

Something like that. But this time, we are the commissars.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 26, 2018, 03:49:35 pm »

Something where I get to fly some-fucking-thing.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: April 26, 2018, 04:17:07 pm »

What about an ambush? Like we get dropped in an abandoned town that a convoy will pass through, and have some time to set up before they do? It'd be really fun if we really didn't know that much about the convoy we're attacking.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 26, 2018, 04:17:44 pm »

Egan_BW, how about a zeppelin?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 26, 2018, 04:25:17 pm »

Let's hijack a Zeppelin.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 26, 2018, 05:29:51 pm »

Let's hijack a Zeppelin.
I could get behind that
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 26, 2018, 09:12:24 pm »

Bluh, sickness prevented me posting (and stuff was explained on discord). Still have lots of anxiety appearing as useless regardless though :'( but thanks for the explanation. Still sick but :-[ :'(

Remember everyone, individual GLORY Is given on merit and then everyone is given a group GLORY depending on the effectiveness of the mission. So the GLORY for your actions isn't all of it; ya got more coming to you.
> Played lookout
> Alerted management to problems ahead (...although that probably got mismatched with Bob's [1])
> Helped Radio barge in on information from Lupanian
> Went-
This radioman either did, or helped with, the following things:
[...]
- Conceived of, and flawlessly executed, the German hideout infiltration plan. [...]
-Um ._. ok. The wording throws me off but I'm too sick to recall what did who plan. But did this plan thing with Radio.
> Probably shot one of the Nazis.
> On grounds of thinking that the whole mission was to save the press, broke in singlehandedly into a room, saved the 3rd floor...and sadly dropped lit grenades into the street below. Reward is profound and long-lasting guilt because nobody tried to help her with anything in this regard (yet, hopefully -_-) and deeply thoughtful about what info would come from what we all did
> Also tried disabling that press after realizing, perhaps, that it was linked to 'spies'.
> Got probably important papers and information
> Got a getaway van, because I had the presumption that the mission would be long and we'd need a cover story but it worked out anyway.
> Planned to heal people but that would've stalled the endgame so was auto'd as idle.
Edit:
> Also nearly forgot; based on Lupanian's info, alongside alerting management, I learned the room info on what floor the spies were on and relayed it to Ed. Bohring and the rest.

My vote:
stealthy frontline combat
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:07:31 pm by Tiruin »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 27, 2018, 07:01:01 am »

• Spent a lot of time watching various people through a sniper scope, and successfully resisted shooting them because they all turned out to be unarmed civilians.  Totally did not spend that time staring at officer ass.
  • Gave Tala a smoke grenade which arguably may have possibly helped with the  breach to some non-negative degree.
  • Shot a very dangerous window and made the building bleed.  Presumably Simon got lucky and hit an artery, so maybe the building bled out after we left.  But I think the building is technically a civvie so don't tell Bone that.
  • Went AWOL to get lunch, and threw a smoke grenade in a toilet in the vain hope that it might delay or confuse police response.
  • Occasionally translated Tala's actions.  ...Wait, Simon didn't do this, hell, Simon didn't understand Tala's orders most of the time.  Uhh.
An ambush sounds fun and interesting.  Frontline combat is okay too, I guess, though I'd prefer that Simon gets the option to act as a scout.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Southern Advance.
« Reply #1962 on: April 27, 2018, 07:34:37 am »

Ed is all for exploding a mountain. Let's go blow up a mountain. Maybe we could test that new experiment they are doing back in New York? The one with all the German scientists?

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Southern Advance.
« Reply #1963 on: April 27, 2018, 09:01:31 am »

Ed is all for exploding a mountain. Let's go blow up a mountain. Maybe we could test that new experiment they are doing back in New York? The one with all the German scientists?

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
Oh, with the uranium and stuff?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1964 on: April 27, 2018, 09:15:07 am »

Bluh, sickness prevented me posting (and stuff was explained on discord). Still have lots of anxiety appearing as useless regardless though :'( but thanks for the explanation. Still sick but :-[ :'(

Remember everyone, individual GLORY Is given on merit and then everyone is given a group GLORY depending on the effectiveness of the mission. So the GLORY for your actions isn't all of it; ya got more coming to you.
> Played lookout
> Alerted management to problems ahead (...although that probably got mismatched with Bob's [1])
> Helped Radio barge in on information from Lupanian
> Went-
This radioman either did, or helped with, the following things:
[...]
- Conceived of, and flawlessly executed, the German hideout infiltration plan. [...]
-Um ._. ok. The wording throws me off but I'm too sick to recall what did who plan. But did this plan thing with Radio.
> Probably shot one of the Nazis.
> On grounds of thinking that the whole mission was to save the press, broke in singlehandedly into a room, saved the 3rd floor...and sadly dropped lit grenades into the street below. Reward is profound and long-lasting guilt because nobody tried to help her with anything in this regard (yet, hopefully -_-) and deeply thoughtful about what info would come from what we all did
> Also tried disabling that press after realizing, perhaps, that it was linked to 'spies'.
> Got probably important papers and information
> Got a getaway van, because I had the presumption that the mission would be long and we'd need a cover story but it worked out anyway.
> Planned to heal people but that would've stalled the endgame so was auto'd as idle.
Edit:
> Also nearly forgot; based on Lupanian's info, alongside alerting management, I learned the room info on what floor the spies were on and relayed it to Ed. Bohring and the rest.

My vote:
stealthy frontline combat
Bluh sickness is the worst kind of sickness~

Going to go with 60 GLORY

• Spent a lot of time watching various people through a sniper scope, and successfully resisted shooting them because they all turned out to be unarmed civilians.  Totally did not spend that time staring at officer ass.
  • Gave Tala a smoke grenade which arguably may have possibly helped with the  breach to some non-negative degree.
  • Shot a very dangerous window and made the building bleed.  Presumably Simon got lucky and hit an artery, so maybe the building bled out after we left.  But I think the building is technically a civvie so don't tell Bone that.
  • Went AWOL to get lunch, and threw a smoke grenade in a toilet in the vain hope that it might delay or confuse police response.
  • Occasionally translated Tala's actions.  ...Wait, Simon didn't do this, hell, Simon didn't understand Tala's orders most of the time.  Uhh.
An ambush sounds fun and interesting.  Frontline combat is okay too, I guess, though I'd prefer that Simon gets the option to act as a scout.
10 GLORY

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 228