Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447205 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2017, 02:29:16 pm »

"Damned pyromaniacs!"

Since the left bunker is dead, the one in front is smoked out, and the one to the right is missing its gunners, Bob charges forwards to take cover behind the hedgehog straight forward and slightly left of his current position.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 04:08:05 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2017, 03:28:45 pm »

Squad 3

Catch some shut eye, hope somebody saves me.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2017, 04:34:50 pm »

Dream of not dying

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2017, 09:32:22 pm »

Dream of not dying
((You could try making a willpower action :3
Also D:! They got Faith!))

Joan brought out Joakim's first aid pack and started bandaging up.

Of course, everything had to be just fine--the helmet was standard issue but when did that help her?! Usually, she'd panic, but the spite of her training (because she wanted to be a sniper, but they placed her in medical corps) drove her forward to do something about it.

Regardless, she remembered her training a lot better than she remembered the ammunition type the enemy used.

"Bunker 1, clear! Charge forward, all squads! Ensure they're suppressed! I'm staying back for healing! I'd love some help here...

"They must have a spotter--line up sights to the cliffs; there's a spotter aiming their mortars!"

All the heals to me! Assure that I am safe from any mortar fire or collateral damage.
Also if possible, cycle out that one ammo into the other magazine?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:45:49 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2017, 09:42:53 pm »

Squad 3

Catch some shut eye, hope somebody saves me.
((I've the silly idea that given the range of flamethrowers, you can really just wreck that bunker from your position, and that it needn't expend your physical bar by quite much here. The smoke will clear up someday soon, and we do not want that range of that MG hitting us.))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2017, 09:44:13 pm »

((Super unconscious, unfortunately.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2017, 09:44:28 pm »

...Get out of the crater. And continue to advance.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2017, 11:06:42 pm »

Is it possible to bangalore the bunker contents?  If so (or at least practically possible), do so at bunker 2.  Otherwise, get right beside it and start moving up the hill; slowly so others can catch up.  Don't be first.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2017, 12:11:05 am »

Hell yeah bunker down

Yarrick turns and sees a bunch of people go down to a mortar strike and one guy trip and turn into mist.
Fuck this shit Sprint for the cliff and get out of the mortar fire
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2017, 06:59:01 am »

Squad 3

Climb up the natural cliff, then enter the bunker.
Take care of the Nazis by sneaking in the smoke and slitting their throats with a trench knife.

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 27, 2017, 11:02:30 am »

Darlington crawls out of barbed wire, bloody and ragged, and takes a prone postion next to Joan.
"You know what, I'm just lie down here for a while."

Use my doctors bag and fix my wounds.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 28, 2017, 12:29:02 am »

((Do note, prone means 'lying flat with your chest facing the floor' just as much as "supine" means "chest facing away from the floor", with me horribly forgetting how to describe that better :P Also I'm in a crater so...it's a curve))

"Bruises, scrapes, and tears on your uniform. We're going to make it, for those who may not. While you're at it, can you take my binoculars and check for any spotters? I just guessed there. You're filled with scrapes, I've a bullet in here. Hope it passed through..."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #222 on: May 29, 2017, 12:07:18 pm »

Boat 1
Is it possible to bangalore the bunker contents?  If so (or at least practically possible), do so at bunker 2.  Otherwise, get right beside it and start moving up the hill; slowly so others can catch up.  Don't be first.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
Yes, you can bangalore them, though  you'd need to attach several pipes to it in order to make it reach that high. Which I'll assume you do if you make the roll.
[5] Jack runs from his crater and straight up to the cliff face under the bunker. [2] He manages to push his way into the barbed wire without hurting himself and then starts assembling the bangalore, building it up one length of pipe at a time until it is long enough to shove into the bunker. With great difficulty he raises the unwieldy thing up and shoves it in, pulling the detonation cord on his end as soon as it disappears into the smoked bunker. The blast throws blood and viscera and bits of metal and concrete out onto Jack and the beach.

What ever happened to Gentlefish? Or the rest of this team? I know Faith is dead but where's gus?

Boat 2
Dream of not dying
You manage to wake back up with 1 physical. After feeling the pain of your shattered legs and shrapnel riddled flesh, you kind of regret it.

Would it even be possible to climb up into one of the bunkers, oe are they elevated and sheer?  If it is possible, run to Bunker one, and try to remove or bypass a section of wire with the entrenching tool.  If it is not possible, welp, head back toward Bunker 2 and the path up.

Well, they're certainly elevated and sheer, however the cliff they're on is made of dirt not stone, so you can dig your hands and feet in. Assuming it doesn't just collapse beneath you as you do. [1] You run up the the wire and attempt to cut it away with your entrenching tool. However, the instant you hit the wire with your tool, the head of the shovel just falls off. Huh.

...Get out of the crater. And continue to advance.
[2]...Nope. You get out of the crater at the very least and run some distance up the beach.

Darlington crawls out of barbed wire, bloody and ragged, and takes a prone postion next to Joan.

Use my doctors bag and fix my wounds.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)

[5] Darlington drags himself out of the barbed wire and right back to the crater. [3] He lays down in the crater and tends to himself with his doctor's bag, recovering +2 life.

Dream of not dying
((You could try making a willpower action :3
Also D:! They got Faith!))

Joan brought out Joakim's first aid pack and started bandaging up.

Of course, everything had to be just fine--the helmet was standard issue but when did that help her?! Usually, she'd panic, but the spite of her training (because she wanted to be a sniper, but they placed her in medical corps) drove her forward to do something about it.

Regardless, she remembered her training a lot better than she remembered the ammunition type the enemy used.

"Bunker 1, clear! Charge forward, all squads! Ensure they're suppressed! I'm staying back for healing! I'd love some help here...

"They must have a spotter--line up sights to the cliffs; there's a spotter aiming their mortars!"

All the heals to me! Assure that I am safe from any mortar fire or collateral damage.
Also if possible, cycle out that one ammo into the other magazine?

Joan cycles the ammo from magazine into the other And attempts first aid on herself. [1] Maybe she's delirous from blood loss or maybe her hands her just slippery with sand and gore, but her attempts to stich herself up end up doing more harm then good. [-1 physical].

Oh and while you can be safe from machinegun fire, mortars are very hard to avoid.

Boat 3
"Damned pyromaniacs!"

Since the left bunker is dead, the one in front is smoked out, and the one to the right is missing its gunners, Bob charges forwards to take cover behind the hedgehog straight forward and slightly left of his current position.

Hell yeah bunker down

Yarrick turns and sees a bunch of people go down to a mortar strike and one guy trip and turn into mist.
Fuck this shit Sprint for the cliff and get out of the mortar fire

Yarrick and Bob both sprint far ahead, taking advantage of the lack of machinegun fire.

Squad 3

Climb up the natural cliff, then enter the bunker.
Take care of the Nazis by sneaking in the smoke and slitting their throats with a trench knife.

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)
Zack [2] Presses through the barbed wire without being injured [6] and leaps onto the dirt cliff. He sinks his fingers into the soil and scrabbles up, the wall threatening to crumble away beneath him constantly. He finally reaches the top of the wall, swings one hand into the bunker and yanks himself up and in. The bunker isn't filled with smoke anymore, but it is filled with lots of dead nazi soldiers splattered against the walls.  He walks to the entrance to the bunker and pokes his head out, looking at the gently rolling grasslands beyond and the trenches and fortifications dug into them. He can see men moving in the trenches, and more importantly, over to the east, he can see allied soldiers streaming in, both in the trench and on the grassland. They've already started fighting with the soldiers in those trenches.

Only a single mortar round comes in this turn, and it misses everyone.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 29, 2017, 12:14:52 pm »

"I got you!"

Dash towards Barak and drag him to the nearest hedgehog, and take cover there.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 29, 2017, 12:21:23 pm »

Squad 3

Try and wake up.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 228