Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 448462 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2295 on: June 25, 2018, 05:11:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Simon Smith, Scariest Sniper))
Tala reported back to Ed and company, and ordered the other two with her to come along...

Support Ozarck's action; keep aware and on watch. Do go with linguistics to help! But do be on watch for superpower scary Nazis!

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2296 on: June 25, 2018, 01:48:58 pm »

Simon leans back against one of the walls, still breathing heavily as the Nazi crewmen gasp their last breaths around him.  He raises his shaking hands in front of his face, one still clutching his trench knife in a deathgrip, and twists them around in front of him.  No new wounds.  With one hand, he starts patting himself down, expecting to find some wound somewhere.  Eventually he realizes that all the blood really is German, and his mouth splits into a wide grin.  He bursts into racuous laughter,  and thrusts both fists forward victoriously, slamming both of them into the machinery in front of him, as hard as he can.  He ignores the fresh pain in his his left fist,  then spins around to bury his knife in the heart of the loader, his laughter dying down into quiet chuckling.

Then he turns to the commander's opening, and lets go of his knife, leaving it in the corpse.  Time for the big finish.

First, button up.  Close (and lock?) the hatch, make sure all others are secure.
Second, get looking at the radio; can it be configured to transmit to the allies, and not the Nazis?  If that sounds even vaugely plausible, try.  Don't say anything yet, though; I'd rather annouce my success after the tank starts moving.
Third, get the tank moving.  Northwest, towards the Allies' base, maybe respecting the roads if they're fairly direct.  It's a tank, houses aren't obstacles; they're suggestions.

You wipe the blood off your hands as best you can and then shove the commander's body the rest of the way out of the hatch. Once he's free you close it and lock it. You find the radio and tune it to the allied channels. You won't be able to understand them very easily, their replies are going to be garbled and encrypted but you can talk to them. [6] You climb into the driver's seat and after a few moments of examining the controls give it a shot. The tank surges...backwards into the building behind you. There's a loud smashing and shattering noise as you probably -you can't tell without opening the hatch to look- wreck the entire western wall.  You let out a nervous laugh and then crack your knuckles and do the opposite of what you just did. The tank rolls forward toward the allied controlled section of town.

"Ha, nice. If nothing else I get a real cuppa out of this mission. Wonder if there's enough here to make some tomato sandwiches, too."

Sip coffee and listen to the radio. How do things seem to be going out there?

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Makes me think of this

You listen to the radio. Things seem to be...*Sip*...going ok.

Well, they weren't dead, so Bob was happy. Still had a few to take down though.

((Plan is fine by me!))
Lay down some cover fire and try to hit the two Nazis behind the building when Denver dashes out. (If necessary, switch out to a new magazine first?).
"Come'on..." Denver gritted his teeth as he charged the truck.

Denver is going to charge on the truck, getting to the side that the Nazi's aren't on. He will shoot the drivers if he can see them, and use his trench knife as main weapon once he reaches the truck cabin. Once he reaches the cabin, he will kill any surviving Nazis.

((My plan, let me know if you don't like.))

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
[5,3]
Bob opens fire, spraying rounds towards the nazis while Denver runs around to the side of the truck. He checks the cabin, ready to knife the driver but finds he's already dead, victim of the gunfire earlier.  Through the truck window he can see the two surviving nazis not even trying to fire on him; they're running into the forest to the north east.

The houes in this little area are arranged in a sort of triangle around the shared back yard, right? One leg of houses kinda heads down that road that heads into the industrial zone, the other leg lines the road that kinda heads down out of the map, and the base of the triangle is those two houses at the bottom along that east west road that then curves south to head out of the map. I intended our split-up to just search the houses along each leg of the triangle and meet up at the houses at the bottom.

basically, since it seems safe enough, we'll go door to door and chat up the locals in our typical American fashion: by asking questions and raising our voices at the first sign of incomprehension, speaking slower and louder until we make ourselves understood.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
((Simon Smith, Scariest Sniper))
Tala reported back to Ed and company, and ordered the other two with her to come along...

Support Ozarck's action; keep aware and on watch. Do go with linguistics to help! But do be on watch for superpower scary Nazis!

You keep holding the pipe up. You begin thinking that perhaps a lightning rod which directs the lightning into yourself is not a good idea.

Nonsense, it will redirect it into the ground for sure! Also I was hoping to brace it against something to act as a lightning rod without having to hold onto it too much once the electrodeath actually starts a-coming.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
((what's the Risk on the Sturmy?))
"I got your back Tala."
Check the Sturmy to make sure it has a round in the chamber and take extra special care to try and avoid being seen by anyone who has eyes on Tala. Move my knife somewhere that it's easily accessible.

Spoiler: Rifleman Parrish (click to show/hide)

[risk is 4]
How many knives did I loot and what's their risk?

Await for orders and continue following Tala's team.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
I'm not sure how many you got, I thought Oz was handling that OOC? Risk is 2.

Follow Ed, keep eyes open.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
"what'd I miss?"
find enemies. shoot.

Ed and Tala split up and begin working their way down, checking each house. They knock, look in windows, shout as loud as they feel comfortable and generally try to get anyone's attention or find anyone. In their search they find that the buildings appear to have all been locked up and secured against intruders and then abandoned. A few have boards secured on windows, others are simply locked down, but they're all empty as far as you can see. And they're all in good condition with no sign of damage or forced entry. It seems like these people evacuated before the nazis got very far into the city and that the nazis didn't bother with at least this section of homes. Hmm.

The teams also take a quick look at the industrial area from a distance. It looks undamaged as well; perhaps not surprising considering what it packages. A bomb seems to have landed on the street and blown out a crater but the buildings are undamaged besides a few broken windows.

Both teams regroup at the bottom of the triangle.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: June 25, 2018, 02:57:36 pm »

"Hmm. What do you guys think? Should we send a squad to the cannery, regroup with Denver and Bob, or head east toward the Fort?"

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: June 25, 2018, 03:02:25 pm »

((that video could not fit more perfectly, by the way))
"Alright sir, what're your orders?"
I'd pull out my entrenching tool and dig a few brief foxholes in the (probably) small amount of time we're here, after a brief scan for any signs of enemy presence. Was there anything remotely explosive in those houses? (oil, flour, actual explosives, and trust me flour can make one helluva explosive under the right conditions)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: June 25, 2018, 03:46:05 pm »

Wow, I got out of the Nazi area without even being attacked?  Awesome.  Start shouting over the radio, informing everyone of the fact that he stole a tank.  Single-handedly.  With a knife.

...Also mention some stuff about the Nazi presence, fortifications, and lightning magic, but mostly the tank.  Ask the NPCs not to shoot at the tank, or at least to only shoot with small arms if they want Simon to stop.  Drive back into town until I can link back up with Allied forces.

Edit: Actually, do we have something like an unencrypted emergency communication channel?  A WWII nerd said that we probably should have something like that, in OOC.  If so, I guess Simon will communicate over that channel, so people can actually give him directions and don't need to shoot at him to communicate.

...And let Alice in when she comes, regardless of whether she's shooting or just asking nicely or whatever.

"Hey!  Guys, guys!  I'm back from scouting, and I have a TANK now!  Like, a fully equipped, undamaged, grade-A Nazi killing machine!  I stabbed the whole crew, so now it's mine, nobody else's, but I could really use a driver, and maybe a gunner, beca--agh no!" Simon's excited shouting is interrupted by crumbling, smashing sounds.  He starts talking again a few seconds later "Don't worry, don't worry, I'm fine!  Just missed the road again, like I said, I need a driver.  Oh, and there's a lot of Nazis around the north, they're mostly staying away from our territory, but there's a lot of them, and they had a tank, haha!  The fort's also pretty damn bunkered up, and the Nazis have this awesome machine-gun-lightning-control thingy or something, but I don't think they know how to aim it, it was hitting really close to their own guys.  Maybe they don't care about the grunts, I'unno.  Oh, and guys, I can't hear you, everything just sounds like this most ungodly scree--woah, woah that was close!  Uh.  Yeah, can't hear, so if you want me to stop just, like, ping some bullets off the roof.  It's okay, I'm in a tank!  I don't care about piddly little bullets anymore!  Hahaha!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: June 25, 2018, 04:02:29 pm »

"Huh. A tank. Good for him."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: June 25, 2018, 04:04:23 pm »

After sending a last burst of shots at the fleeing soldiers, Bob waited for an all clear before approaching the vehicle.

"Nice work. Let's pull this thing off the main road, behind a house or something, in case they come back with more guns and we need to retreat. Once we've got it a bit aways from here, we can check the back."

"Oh! Right." Bob fiddled with the dials on his radio a bit, to broadcast a message. "This is Bob and Denver here, Bob and Denver. We just engaged a small squad with a truck. Took down all except two, who fled. We're on a north south road, and might be bringing the truck down south a bit and sticking it behind a house. If we can."

((As usual, tell me if you've got better plans!))
Once the fleeing Nazis are out of sight, and Denver gives an all clear, head over to the truck, and try to help move it a little down the road, then off to the side. Maybe behind a house if possible. Be the driver, since +2 to cars!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:40:37 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2302 on: June 25, 2018, 04:37:00 pm »

"I think we should all be heading to the fort, before the storm comes and kills us before the nazis get the chance to."

I picked all of the unclaimed knives of the undefined amount of knives, was hoping to get a specific number of knives.

Go with Tala group th the industrial buildings.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 07:15:11 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: June 25, 2018, 04:42:40 pm »

((three knives))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: June 25, 2018, 05:20:06 pm »

"Oi, you need a radio operator in there?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: June 25, 2018, 05:46:52 pm »

Denver grinned wildly as he waited for Bob to get in. "Let's get moving so we can check the back. And not get hit by lightning."

Reload while Bob gets in, then drive South close to the teams are, dismount and check the back before getting at least two houses away.

((My plan, let me know if you don't like.))

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: June 25, 2018, 08:55:19 pm »

((dibs on the bow gun of the tank, it's the most fortified position around if it's a Panzer V or better.))
"Do we know this guy with the tank? Like, is he with our little detachment? Ask him if he can spare some HE shells, I know what they look like, and I can make one hell of a trip wire with one of those things, especially if it's one of the 88's."
technically I will know what an HE shell looks like, (anyone as experienced in IED's as my guy is can ID HE from AP) but if this is a viable action can I roll dice for 'acquiring' some HE shells out of the Panzer?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2307 on: June 25, 2018, 09:27:30 pm »

"Oh hey Simon! Yeah, I'll go ping you and drive. Can't be too hard, right?"

Go find Simon's tank and fire my pistol at the turret till he lets me in. Then maybe fix his radio so that it works properly on allied frequencies.
Also stuff that coffee maker into my pack. Loot is loot, right?

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 09:05:52 am by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: June 26, 2018, 04:29:44 am »

Follow Ed. Do whatever I’m told to do for now.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: June 26, 2018, 05:44:14 am »

"Huh. A tank. Good for him."
"Like they said, keep moving to the fort. That storm does not bode well, especially the longer we take. That tank will be a very overt...thing, but good for Simon for acquiring one without getting blown up or hurt! I'll go take a quick check at the industrial area and report back."

Tala went over and radio'd over to Simon.

"Do you have eyes on anything there? We were told a while ago that there are other allied positions or troops in the area. When someone else gets in there, please get the radio working, and probably a good driver..."

Run over to the industrial buildings and try to spot anything particularly important from the outside, and then take a peep inside.

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 228