Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447642 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2490 on: August 09, 2018, 10:05:57 am »

"Argh, why can't tank designers just put in a flight stick and throttle like normal people?"

Get the tank back on the road. No guarantee that Ed won't get a knife in the gut if he comes over here, I'm not feeling very charitable.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2491 on: August 09, 2018, 05:28:19 pm »

Stab the door until it opens. I don't have anything to use as a lever.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2492 on: August 09, 2018, 06:53:33 pm »

((You have a shovel))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: August 09, 2018, 07:33:16 pm »

((You have a shovel))
I know. It's all part of the plan.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: August 09, 2018, 08:48:00 pm »

((Strike the earth! [insert link to a jazz cover of STE from Shovel Knight]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: August 11, 2018, 05:35:01 pm »

"Hold on."

Let door stabby guy tire himself out, then use his shovel to lever the door open.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2496 on: August 12, 2018, 08:37:33 am »

This would be a lot sexier if you didn’t have the wrong parts, anotomically speaking. Come to think of it, do you even have “parts”? Actually, don’t answer, I really don’t want to know
Get back on my feet and check my surroundings. Head to the doors in the back and, observing the others trying pathetically to open said door, pry with my shovel.
Edit - actually, this seems too easy. I’ll let someone else tackle that, and give them backup. Also, almost forgot my sheet. 

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
You shove radio's chest with both hands and stand up, planting a foot on his sternum and looking around. Seeing as nothing horrible seems to be coming your way, you get off him and head up the hill to the back door. You tactically stand to the side of it and wait to see what happens.

Stab the door until it opens. I don't have anything to use as a lever.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
[5]
You line your knife up on the keyhole and stab. You do this repeatedly until suddenly the deadbolt holding the door shut pops out of place and flies into the room beyond with a series of loud metallic clinks

You turn around, knife raised, and nod knowingly while gesturing towards the door with one hand.

"Hold on."

Let door stabby guy tire himself out, then use his shovel to lever the door open.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)

"Huh."

You step forward and, very slowly, pull the door open. You get it all of maybe 6 inches before bullets scream down the hall and ricochet off the door and the walls with ringing metallic impacts and puffs of pulverized concrete. You slam the door shut again.

"They appear to know we're here."

((Aaaaargh! I dislike losing my posts! D:))

Retroactive action: Since I wasn't in danger last turn, my post would've been to 'fake' a grenade throw through the slit by finding and throwing a similar-sized rock, then pop up real quick to pistol the gunner and clear a way through; can this be processed pretty quickly Piece?

If I feel it's still too dangerous after that try or before doing it; pop a smoke grenade instead, and fake a silhouette nearby before shooting in.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
As stated in Discord, I let you complete a fake grenade (Ie a rock)  and then move up into position to throw it after all the very real explosives go off.
[2+1]
You hit the wall next to the slit. It doesn't appear to do anything to abate the gunfire coming from the firing slit.

This would be a lot sexier if you didn’t have the wrong parts, anotomically speaking. Come to think of it, do you even have “parts”? Actually, don’t answer, I really don’t want to know
Get back on my feet and check my surroundings. Head to the doors in the back and, observing the others trying pathetically to open said door, pry with my shovel.

"You can't just ask that about a radio! RUDE MUCH?!"

Just try to find an entrance to the bunker, preferably one that isn't being actively guarded. Also I am keeping that hand.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You stick your hand in your pants...pocket...and then follow Carolina to the rear door. This isn't unguarded you learn a moment later but it seems like perhaps the Least Guarded of the entrances you've seen.

((Redjive, post your sheet.  Piecewise is allergic to statless characters, and his allergies have a risk of manifesting as hives.  Full of bees.  Inside your character's lungs.))

"Noted, Ed.  Loady, I'm gonna get out and start shooting Nazis if possible, go for the axes while I've got you covered."

Exit the tank (rotate the turret until the hatch is clear, if it isn't already), and scope out the surroundings for Nazi targets.  If we're within view of the bunker, or there's any hostile infantry visible, take cover on the opposite side of the tank and start popping heads.  If not, just grab whatever tools are available--at worst, Simon's entrenching tool--and start working on freeing the tank.

If no progress is made on clearing the logs, and Ed's driving isn't helping, fire a 30-06 incendiary into each of the offending trees.  Obstructive bastards.

"Roger, Simon."
Locking in this one as my action to roll for. Check my M1 to make sure it's loaded and clear of jams, fix the bayonet just in case, and wait 3 seconds after Simon jumps out. Then jump out and check the tank for chopping tools, and grab them and start working on the trees. Put the coin back in my pocket, since Simon and Alice aren't fighting yet.

((AGH NO NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AWDGAKJWDGAWKYD MY EYES! etc.))

(eloquent way of putting that~)

You attempt to open the hatch only to find that SOMEONE has dropped a young tree down on top of it. You sigh and then attempt to muscle our way up through the hatch.
[5] You shoulder your way up, rolling the tree off to one side, and look around. The firing slits up the hill are still vomiting bullets down into the forest but none of them seem to be able to fire this far off to the side. Likewise you can't really shoot them; all you've got a view of is a lot of trees and a wall of gray concrete beyond them.
[2+1][4]
You rummage around the tank and find a hand ax; nothing special but it will do. You climb out and start hacking away at the two trees boxing in the tank. Tobeis follows you out, sharpened shovel in hand and gets to work on the tree behind the tank while you work on the tree in front. They are quite large and thick trees; at least they seem that way when you're hacking away at them with a little hand ax. You get...oh maybe a quarter of the way through one.

"Argh, why can't tank designers just put in a flight stick and throttle like normal people?"

Get the tank back on the road. No guarantee that Ed won't get a knife in the gut if he comes over here, I'm not feeling very charitable.

[5]
You reverse the tank as far as you can and then gun it forward into the tree Simon is currently chopping. The tank hits it with tremendous force and the treads churn wet leaves and soil, throwing sprays of mud and rocks out behind it. The engine roars and after several seconds there's an audible crack and the tree tilts drunkenly forward, roots tearing free as it falls.  Simon and Tobeis skitter back into the tank and close the hatch behind them as you guide the tank back onto the road.

Ed takes a drag. "Simon," he says, blowing a stream of smoke out the slit. "Be sure to add 'French Trees' to the list of suspected Nazi sympathizers, along with clouds and doorknobs."

Ed carefully maneuvers around Alice and into the driver's seat, (providing this action doesn't earn him a knife in the ... in the anything, really).
He then drives up to the bunker and parks against the blast doors.

Edit: Since Alice is being all hysterical (wandering uterus, ya know?), Ed will do the whole "swivel the turret in an attempt to clear some log jams. Once Simon is out, Ed will also bail, getting some distance between himself and the several tons of angy Nazi engineering piloted by an angry grouchy pilot.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
You sit in your gunner seat and swivel the turret with a sarcastic face, waggling your eyebrows as the turret fails to touch any of the trees around or on top of the tank.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2497 on: August 12, 2018, 08:50:02 am »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: August 12, 2018, 08:54:03 am »

"I'm gonna shoot the shooty guys now, mkay?"

Shoot the shooty guys.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: August 12, 2018, 09:46:22 am »

"Seems like we found a backdoor into the party. We might want to get a move on before they realize we're here, but just the two of us is a little lonely, so if anyone wants to come and help us rain on this bratwurst parade that'd be appreciated."

Report situation to rest of the team. Then, go take a peek through the door, be ready to duck away if fast metal presents present themselves.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: August 12, 2018, 10:45:09 am »

"Woo!  Even trees can't stop us!  We're coming, Radioman, just hold tight and we'll blast 'em all to smithereens!"

Keep that handaxe.  What risk is it, and does it count as a melee weapon, or exotic?

Otherwise, keep on commanding, assist Alice with driving if needed.  Not much to do until we get into shooting range.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: August 12, 2018, 10:51:29 am »

((we haven't freed the tank yet mate.))
"Well, we only need to get through the one, I guess."
keep on hacking at the tree until we're halfway through it, and then see if the tank can finish break it for us by ramming the half chopped tree. Make sure to cut it in such a way that it doesn't fall on us or the tank. Keep an eye on both the bunker and our general area, in case the Krauts try to send someone to reclaim their tank.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: August 12, 2018, 11:06:08 am »

((we haven't freed the tank yet mate.))

[5]
You reverse the tank as far as you can and then gun it forward into the tree Simon is currently chopping. The tank hits it with tremendous force and the treads churn wet leaves and soil, throwing sprays of mud and rocks out behind it. The engine roars and after several seconds there's an audible crack and the tree tilts drunkenly forward, roots tearing free as it falls.  Simon and Tobeis skitter back into the tank and close the hatch behind them as you guide the tank back onto the road.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: August 12, 2018, 11:14:11 am »

((see, great minds think alike, eh, Egan?))
continue doing my whole loading shells and not drawing attention to myself as long as I don't have any cunning plans thing

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: August 12, 2018, 11:16:56 am »

Point at William’s Flamethrower. Point at the door. Nod. Offer to open the door partially while he attacks.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 228