Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 448326 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2505 on: August 12, 2018, 11:49:37 am »

((I was skipped  :'( ))

Take a page out of Ed's book, prepare to shoot the shooty guys with the machinegun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2506 on: August 12, 2018, 02:21:32 pm »

Ignore Carolina. Open one of my spare flamethrower fuel tanks, kick the door open and throw it inside. Then use my flamethrower and burn the pool of fuel.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2507 on: August 12, 2018, 04:57:22 pm »

*Sigh*

Can we smash that base yet? I'd like to do that. I'd also like to stab Ed, but priorities.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2508 on: August 14, 2018, 11:39:56 am »

Spoiler: New Character (click to show/hide)
Just saw this. You wanna warp in now or wait till its over?

"Seems like we found a backdoor into the party. We might want to get a move on before they realize we're here, but just the two of us is a little lonely, so if anyone wants to come and help us rain on this bratwurst parade that'd be appreciated."

Report situation to rest of the team. Then, go take a peek through the door, be ready to duck away if fast metal presents present themselves.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
"Yeah, we found a way in around back. Though it seems to have an infestation of some kind of angry metal wasp? Or someone is shooting at us but that honestly seems kind of far fetched. Over."

You go and push the door open a bit again and, as before, someone sprays rounds down the hall. You let the door's weight close it and step back, wary of any ricochets.

"Yep, definitely metal wasps."

Point at William’s Flamethrower. Point at the door. Nod. Offer to open the door partially while he attacks.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Ignore Carolina. Open one of my spare flamethrower fuel tanks, kick the door open and throw it inside. Then use my flamethrower and burn the pool of fuel.
You gesture, quite clearly at indicating what you think is a very reasonable plan.  William rolls his eyes and makes several very rude gestures that seem to indicate that you should perform certain actions with Radio.  You're both offended and honestly a little confused about one of those...what does that...Oh, with your tongue?  Huh.

William takes his extra flamethrower tank and walks up to the door with it in his left hand. [4] He pants his feet, aligns his body just right, and then kicks the door.  It swings open about 3/4ths of the way and he uses his left hand and the weight of his body to lift the flamethrower canisters and hurl it down the hall in the direction of the bullets, all without exposing any more than a bit of his hand.  The door slams closed a few moments later and maybe a half second after that there is a tremendous, if muffled, BANG! as the no doubt bullet riddled canister detonates.  The door bulges out a bit and smoke and flame licks out through the gaps.  William then does an exaggerated showman's pose and says "Ta-da" in a monotone.

"You just wasted a tank of fuel for something that might have been done with one burst!" you whisper to him in an angry hiss.

"Yeah, but I did it without sticking my face into a bunch of fucking bullets. Let the tax payers worry about my expenses, I'll worry about my skin and the continuing integrity there of."

((see, great minds think alike, eh, Egan?))
continue doing my whole loading shells and not drawing attention to myself as long as I don't have any cunning plans thing
You sit in your loader chair and brace for what is SURELY a bad decision.

((I was skipped  :'( ))

Take a page out of Ed's book, prepare to shoot the shooty guys with the machinegun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(sorry)

You settle in to start machine gunning. Hopefully targets will present themselves.

"Woo!  Even trees can't stop us!  We're coming, Radioman, just hold tight and we'll blast 'em all to smithereens!"

Keep that handaxe.  What risk is it, and does it count as a melee weapon, or exotic?

Otherwise, keep on commanding, assist Alice with driving if needed.  Not much to do until we get into shooting range.

(2 risk, melee)
"ONWARD GUIDANCE GOBLIN! MURDER AWAITS, BUT GLORY WAITS FOR NO ONE!"

"I'm far too tall for a goblin." She mutters.

You slide up right next to her face and scream in her ear, "ONWARD ORIENTATION OGRE!"

You give Alice a gentle, persuading bonk on the fancy hat with the back of the ax.  The spurs will come later.

*Sigh*

Can we smash that base yet? I'd like to do that. I'd also like to stab Ed, but priorities.

[4] You pull the tank out and around until you have a good view of the front of the bunker, pulling to a sharp halt maybe 30 feet from the entrance.

"I'm gonna shoot the shooty guys now, mkay?"

Shoot the shooty guys.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
[3]
"Its at a point like this" Ed says, rotating the turret to get a good look at the main door of the bunker, "That most people would say something witty or dramatic. But I'm not really good at that sort of thing so I'm just gonna blow the fuck out of you."

And blow the fuck out of them he did. The armor piercing round punches straight through the double steel doors, leaving a lovely hole right in the center. The resulting blast inside the bunker throws light, smoke and debris out every single firing slit near the door and the shooting promptly dies away.  However, the rattle of bullets is replaced by something far worse. Thunder. And not normal "Crack...BANG" thunder. No this thunder is constant, violent, and rising, like a string of firecrackers the size of battleships going off somewhere overhead.  The swirling spike of clouds is coated in spiderwebs of lightning, flashing so bright and constant that you can't even look at it without immediately turning away, eyes burning and dazzled.  The lightning crawls down towards the point of the clouds, condensing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2509 on: August 14, 2018, 11:46:38 am »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: August 14, 2018, 12:08:19 pm »

"FUUUUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK! FUUUUUUCK!"
after pausing to reload what I hope is either an incendiary or HE shell, I set aside a moment to panic about the deafening high caliber guns noises, and then open the loader's hatch just enough to see the sky before immediately regretting doing so. I say something to Alice about damn torpedoes, and going full speed ahead. I tell one of the mchinegunner's to spray down the cloud, as it is clearly hostile. Grab all my gear and strap it on just in case something goes horribly wrong and I need to bug out of the tank

in case that's not quite clear, I am screaming at Alice to get us inside before the hostile cloud kills is all.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 03:00:42 pm by Redjive_Industries »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: August 14, 2018, 12:20:04 pm »

Put me in, coach!

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: August 14, 2018, 01:57:45 pm »

"Jeez, nobody told me that the nazis were lightning wizards or whatever. Why do we keep running into this shit?"
Alice sighs.
"...Right. Because we're the 888th. I hate this job."

Ram it!
"Anyway, what do you bet we can stop the lightning by crushing the summoning circle or whatever under our treads? Maybe now that it's in motion we can't stop it. If that were the case the smart option here would be to run away.
Hahaha!
Ridiculous, right?!"

Frikkin gun it into that damn bunker. Identify what's controlling the lightning and smash it!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: August 14, 2018, 03:24:10 pm »

"Damn!  I knew we should've shot those clouds, they've been hounding me all day!  Alice?  You know what to do!  Ed?  Ah, return fire?"

Lean over Alice, and in a very relaxed, calm tone, tell her she really needs to not fuck up driving into the bunker, or we'll all die horribly.  If this is not sufficient to prevent her from fucking up, stomp on her gas-pedal foot, and wrestle with whatever control surfaces steer the tank.  Because multiple people arguing over the controls will totally save us, yes.

Edit: Oh yes, and draw the trench knife as soon as Alice starts talking about stabbing.  If she starts to act on that desire, beat her to the punch, by punching her head with it, while calling for Ed to take over driving.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: August 14, 2018, 03:47:47 pm »

"Permission to speak freely, commander?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: August 14, 2018, 05:16:23 pm »

Wait, I have been assuming I had 5 tanks and that each was one burst. How many bursts do I actually get per tank and how many tanks and uses would I actually have left if I have only fired it once?

Enter the fort.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 06:25:24 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: August 14, 2018, 05:52:45 pm »

"'Course, Alice!  I ain't one of the stuffy brass bastards, say whatever you like!"

((@RGU  Flamethrower fuel tanks are big, bulky backpack-sized canisters.  Google it; you'll understand.  You get one, and only one, which has enough fuel for five turns worth of streaming.  Since you used that single tank as a bomb, you now have no ammo at all.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: August 14, 2018, 05:54:18 pm »

"Right. So, like, what you're doing right now. Do you want me to stab you?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: August 14, 2018, 06:06:24 pm »

"Nope!  But from what I've seen during all our missions, you're kinda bad at stabbing people, while I'm pretty good.  And also I have a lot more knives and I'm standing over you.  Also there's a hellish lightning cyclone that's right above our heads and I kinda figure you'll worry about that before stabbing me, and I figure a good ol' fashion stabbing is easier to deal with than that.  Why?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: August 14, 2018, 06:08:42 pm »

"Oh, I just wanted to stab you just now, that's all."
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 228