Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447873 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2520 on: August 14, 2018, 06:19:57 pm »

"Oh, yeah, I totally understand that feeling!  I get it at the weirdest times, too."  Simon raises his right hand, currently clutching his trench knife, and absently waves it through the air in front of his smiling face.  "Look!  I already drew my favorite knife, and I didn't even notice.  Haha!  Anyway, yeah, let's focus on driving into the magical bunker of not-dying-to-occult-Nazi-lightning-guns, heh."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: August 14, 2018, 07:28:52 pm »

I gotcha covered, dumbass
Hand William my Gewehr and 10 bullets for it. Then peak in the door. If there’s no bullets or impassible infernos, proceed slowly down the hall. If I see anyone down the hall, shoot at them.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: August 14, 2018, 08:03:40 pm »

"Right behind you."

If Carolina shoots down the hall, blindfire about 10 rounds in. If the shooting stops, advance, checking for traps.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: August 14, 2018, 08:34:27 pm »

((Actually, on the subject of ze Flammenwerfer, I do believe standard procedure is to have a back-up scrub lord with a spare gas tank; under the circumstances the 888th operates under, it is neither inconceivable nor impossible for RGUN's character to be carrying a second spare tank. The American issue flamethrower and fuel tank had about 4-5 seconds worth of death spray in it, and could be replaced on the field. The whole thing was a big bully backpack, with a detachable canister holding the death spray, and another with compressed air. The compressed air lasts much longer than the fuel tank. Said fuel tank could be replaced somewhat efficiently if one knew what they were doing. The only thing I'm not certain of is if you carried the replacement canisters with you, or someone else did. As always, piecewise has final say. Perhaps roll for it?))

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: August 14, 2018, 08:43:44 pm »

Having gone far past the point of losing his shit, and the universe having turned out to be curved, Toby has come back round the opposite side of panic, and is now scarily calm. He pulls out a smoke and lights it off the end of Ed's.
"Children, children, stop fighting. Simon, if you wouldn't mind not threatening to stab our driver, we kinda need her. Alice, we also need Simon, no matter how annoying he is, and we definitely need Ed, so don't stab anyone."
Rack the bolt of my G43 to make it clear that I'm not about to tolerate any shit. If anyone asks tho, I'm just making it ready to shoot the cloud if we don't make it inside

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: August 15, 2018, 01:23:20 am »

"Don't really wanna shoot the lightning right now. You know lightning: it'll follow the vapor trail right back down the bore of the cannon. Really though, we should be running. Remember last lightning strike? This one looks much bigger."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2526 on: August 16, 2018, 12:43:03 pm »

Waiting on Tiruin, since she seemed intent on making an action.  We'll give her a day, at most.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: August 16, 2018, 04:27:25 pm »

Poke head inside, if no angry metal wasps/angrier fire bees are present still then go in and start sneakin' about.

"Sir, that tank you guys are in, are you gonna bring it over here? Oooor am I missing teatime in there right now?"

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: August 16, 2018, 06:15:45 pm »

"We're coming in the front. Sooooooo, you remember that lightning bolt from earlier? The one that destroyed half a block and threw our tank across the street? Yeah, brace yourself for his big brother."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: August 16, 2018, 07:24:24 pm »

"We're coming in the front. Sooooooo, you remember that lightning bolt from earlier? The one that destroyed half a block and threw our tank across the street? Yeah, brace yourself for his big brother."

"Duly noted. I'll be taking shelter inside this sturdy concrete structure here I think."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2530 on: August 17, 2018, 09:04:39 am »

Wait, I have been assuming I had 5 tanks and that each was one burst. How many bursts do I actually get per tank and how many tanks and uses would I actually have left if I have only fired it once?

Enter the fort.

"I notice you threw...your whole flamethrower in there. Care for a pistol?"

Tala was busy keeping watch for any enemies--given no detail at all from the fortress, she assumed they were clear. The next problem was the secondary defenses after the primary ones failed in cases of a breach.

She communicated all this to the team around her before going on sniper-overwatch.

Get in the bunker, use either pistol or rifle and provide overwatch and get behind cover while readying a smoke grenade depending on the situation, but join the team as pointman.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:17:04 am by Tiruin »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: August 17, 2018, 10:59:21 am »

Enter bunker, shotgun ready to blow up some turkeys nazis

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2532 on: August 17, 2018, 01:28:25 pm »

Put me in, coach!

I'm gonna stick you in with Tala at the end of this turn. Over at the bunker.  Assuming I don't forget between now and then...if so assume you're with her and slap me for forgetting.

Wait, I have been assuming I had 5 tanks and that each was one burst. How many bursts do I actually get per tank and how many tanks and uses would I actually have left if I have only fired it once?

Enter the fort.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
I gotcha covered, dumbass
Hand William my Gewehr and 10 bullets for it. Then peak in the door. If there’s no bullets or impassible infernos, proceed slowly down the hall. If I see anyone down the hall, shoot at them.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
"Right behind you."

If Carolina shoots down the hall, blindfire about 10 rounds in. If the shooting stops, advance, checking for traps.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Poke head inside, if no angry metal wasps/angrier fire bees are present still then go in and start sneakin' about.

"Sir, that tank you guys are in, are you gonna bring it over here? Oooor am I missing teatime in there right now?"

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
((No, each tank contains 5 shots. I was assuming you had an extra tank to do that with, if not, then you just used up all your ammo. Pretty effectively though.))

Carolina pushes the door open with her foot. Black smoke and the pungent smell of burning hair pours out. She waves a bit of the smoke away and sticks her head in just far enough to get a look. The hall inside is still smoldering, small fires flicker on floor, ceiling and walls, and black smoke hangs heavy in the upper 2/3rds of the hall. There are corpses down at the end of the hall, burning more fiercely than the scattered fires on the concrete, and she can hear groans and other unpleasant sounds of human wreckage further on, hidden somewhere. Carolina shoves the door open all the way and Denver, William and Radio follow her in. They stalk forward, stepping over bodies and kicking weapons away from anyone who could, conceivably, still be alive. Around a corner is the front of the building. The Two big delivery doors are partially open, split a half an inch or so when the round slammed through between them. The room behind them, with its firing slits and halls off to the machineguns, is covered in a combination of chalky concrete dust and blood. There are at least two dozen dead men here, the blood pooling is thick enough to coat the ground in a thin layer of powder dusted red. Bodies lie in odd positions, thrown back against walls and falling in ways impossible for a living person, all twisted up and broken. The smell is horrible; a dozen opened entrails  leak a sewer like stench  that mixes with the oddly sweet metal smell of the blood. The most important thing they see, however, is a metal platform sitting in the middle of the large room  directly in front of the big metal double doors. There's what looks to be a control panel on a metal rod sticking up next to the platform, though its been pretty badly pelted with shrapnel and bent away from the far wall. It may no longer work.

[2,5,6,3]

William and Radio take 1 mental damage.

Enter the fort.

"I notice you threw...your whole flamethrower in there. Care for a pistol?"

Tala was busy keeping watch for any enemies--given no detail at all from the fortress, she assumed they were clear. The next problem was the secondary defenses after the primary ones failed in cases of a breach.

She communicated all this to the team around her before going on sniper-overwatch.

Get in the bunker, use either pistol or rifle and provide overwatch and get behind cover while readying a smoke grenade depending on the situation, but join the team as pointman.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

You run in and join the rest of the group exploring the bunker, catching up with them as they examine the main room. [1] The sights and smells of the human abattoir effect you badly and you have to huddle into a nearby corner as far from the slaughter as possible and close your eyes to prevent yourself from being sick. [2 mental damage]

Enter bunker, shotgun ready to blow up some turkeys nazis

You Follow along with Tala. You aren't as badly effected as her and stay with her, silently standing next to her as she tries to calm down.

"Damn!  I knew we should've shot those clouds, they've been hounding me all day!  Alice?  You know what to do!  Ed?  Ah, return fire?"

Lean over Alice, and in a very relaxed, calm tone, tell her she really needs to not fuck up driving into the bunker, or we'll all die horribly.  If this is not sufficient to prevent her from fucking up, stomp on her gas-pedal foot, and wrestle with whatever control surfaces steer the tank.  Because multiple people arguing over the controls will totally save us, yes.

Edit: Oh yes, and draw the trench knife as soon as Alice starts talking about stabbing.  If she starts to act on that desire, beat her to the punch, by punching her head with it, while calling for Ed to take over driving.

"Jeez, nobody told me that the nazis were lightning wizards or whatever. Why do we keep running into this shit?"
Alice sighs.
"...Right. Because we're the 888th. I hate this job."

Ram it!
"Anyway, what do you bet we can stop the lightning by crushing the summoning circle or whatever under our treads? Maybe now that it's in motion we can't stop it. If that were the case the smart option here would be to run away.
Hahaha!
Ridiculous, right?!"

Frikkin gun it into that damn bunker. Identify what's controlling the lightning and smash it!

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
"FUUUUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK! FUUUUUUCK!"
after pausing to reload what I hope is either an incendiary or HE shell, I set aside a moment to panic about the deafening high caliber guns noises, and then open the loader's hatch just enough to see the sky before immediately regretting doing so. I say something to Alice about damn torpedoes, and going full speed ahead. I tell one of the mchinegunner's to spray down the cloud, as it is clearly hostile. Grab all my gear and strap it on just in case something goes horribly wrong and I need to bug out of the tank

in case that's not quite clear, I am screaming at Alice to get us inside before the hostile cloud kills is all.

Having gone far past the point of losing his shit, and the universe having turned out to be curved, Toby has come back round the opposite side of panic, and is now scarily calm. He pulls out a smoke and lights it off the end of Ed's.
"Children, children, stop fighting. Simon, if you wouldn't mind not threatening to stab our driver, we kinda need her. Alice, we also need Simon, no matter how annoying he is, and we definitely need Ed, so don't stab anyone."
Rack the bolt of my G43 to make it clear that I'm not about to tolerate any shit. If anyone asks tho, I'm just making it ready to shoot the cloud if we don't make it inside
"Don't really wanna shoot the lightning right now. You know lightning: it'll follow the vapor trail right back down the bore of the cannon. Really though, we should be running. Remember last lightning strike? This one looks much bigger."
Simon bounces around the inside of the tank with insane energy, always with one leg up on something like a pirate captain. Its hard to tell when he's talking to no one in particular and when he's yelling at someone specifically. 

"FORWARD! ONWARD! EVER ADVANCING! ESCAPE THE WRATH OF AN ANGRY GERMAN GOD! SMASH ALL OBSTACLES IN OUR WAY! ESPECIALLY DOORS!"

He grabs Alice by the shoulders and leans over her, his face sliding down in front of hers, upside down.

"Especially doors" he whispers.

"Get off!" She says, shoving him away and adjusting the tank's controls. "Just ram the door, yeah sure. I hate this stupid job."

"YOU MEN!" Simon says, spinning and facing...well he's staring at the rack of shells but everyone assumes he's addressing the rest of the crew. "SHOOT THE CLOUDS! LET THEM SEE THE STORM RENDING MIGHT OF AMERICAN STEEL!"

"I'm pretty sure that will just lead to us being struck by lightning." Ed says, leaning to be in Simon's sight line.

"WITH AN ATTITUDE LIKE THAT IT CERTAINLY WILL!"

Toby looks extremely panicked for a few seconds but then a sort of detached calm seems to come over him and he shrugs. He picks up his rifle, racks the bolt, and gets ready to stick his head out and shoot at the clouds. Only a cautionary look from Ed prevents him from doing it.  Meanwhile Alice pushes the tank's throttle down and the machine rocks back with acceleration. Simon somehow manages to stay on his feet, probably thanks to the pirate pose, and shouts  "CHARGE!" While pointing in the exact opposite direction as the way the tank is moving.

When the tank hits the double metal doors there is a moment of resistance in which a good amount of the Tank's momentum is lost. Everyone goes flying forward and it feels like the tank is going to do a forward roll. But the doors give a moment  later and the tank, now slowed almost to a stop, rolls in as the doors, ripped from their concrete housings, clang down to the ground around it.  Everyone in the bunker, Tala and Carolina and everyone with them, scramble away from the sudden intrusion as the tank rolls forward onto the metal platform and stops.

Outside the thunder goes from a rapid series of bangs to a single, continuous, high pitched growl. The world outside the broken in doorway becomes a blinding white strobing flicker, like the flash of a lightning bolt held and sustained for an unreasonable period of time. The concrete above everyone's heads begins to smoke and the temperature in the room rises by several degrees.

https://i.imgur.com/tBH7A6d.png

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2533 on: August 17, 2018, 01:55:50 pm »

"That looks important. Imma smash it."

Drive into the broken control panel and antenna. I'm sure that will stop the lightning.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2534 on: August 17, 2018, 02:22:25 pm »

Loot Florian for anything that remains on his poor, fatty body. Then, rush into the bunker and look for unrighteous men to reeducate.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 228