Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 442582 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2535 on: August 17, 2018, 02:36:33 pm »

Ed hops out of the tank and calls for reports from the various teams, congratulating them on a successful insertion. He scans for threats and passages and entrances to the supposed underground passages. A key point here is to not get run over by the tank.

"Well done everyone. Left the place a right mess, din't we? Gross. Well, job's not over, so stay sharp! let's find out where the damned Nazis are, if any are left!

Radio! Call in to HQ and give an update. Probably don't mention the body parts and blood. Or do. Officers cold stand to get a feel of the blood on their hands too, right?"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2536 on: August 17, 2018, 05:00:41 pm »

Damn, didn’t even get my first kill
Give our status report to Ed. After he has been informed, search the bunker for survivors, secrets, and loot.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: August 17, 2018, 05:26:20 pm »

*Toby is in a state of calm in which he will focus on things he needs to do to survive, even though the immediate threat is gone. Later on he can have a mental breakdown over the effectiveness of the fire.*
"Well that went better than I expected. Setting up a little surprise for anyone who tries to come in behind us. Radio, make sure HQ knows that."
sling the G43 back over my shoulder, and pull out the Sturmy. Set it to automatic. Pull out one of those two HE shells Simon promised me, and set up a tripwire mine at the door, just in case any reinforcements come in. Try and set it so that the explosion is directed so as to not spray shrapnel at us, and instead across/through the door, like a claymore. After that, start looting the guns for extra ammo, but be careful if it's too close to a fire; the bullets might go off if I poke them.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: August 17, 2018, 06:00:03 pm »

"Uh, youse can stay here, I'm leaving."

Hunt for underground paths of exit, go there.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: August 17, 2018, 07:42:10 pm »

((A part of me kinda wants to complain about PW's characterization of Simon's actions, but it's just so much better than anything I could write that I can't.  I can't do anything except smile and laugh.  GG, Piece.))

Simon starts to follow Toby out of the tank, and then he notices the ceiling smoking, and thinks better of it.  He locks the hatch shut, then returns to Alice's side and gives her a congratulatory pat on the shoulder.

"Good thinking, Alice, you're always reliable!  It's weird, Ed says he's trained with tanks, but you're so much better at this than him!  You pilots are really overachievers, huh?  Anyway, the ceiling looks like it's about to detonate, so I was thinking we might want to try and get deeper into the bunker.  Your call, though.  I think we'll be fine even if the concrete catches fire.  We'll be the last to die, at any rate, and that's all anyone can really hope for!"

Since everyone's dead, it looks like the bunker's about to be utterly destroyed by lightning, and Alice is already handling the driving, kick back and relax.  Congratulate Alice on steering us to victory, and Sid on staying so silent and still that Simon nearly forgot he was onboard!  Also congratulate Robert on being a nice person.  And congratulate the tank on being a frigging tank!  Congratulations all around, for a job well done!  If only we had booze...

...Get on the radio, and broadcast on all frequencies that Simon will pay for booze deliveries with guns and ammo.  Please deliver to the awesome bloodsoaked tank.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: August 17, 2018, 08:27:07 pm »

"You're not wrong.
Hmm. Wonder if we could requisition some booze to take out on these missions."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: August 17, 2018, 08:56:29 pm »

"Why are all the Nazis already dead? Think there are any more nearby?" Bob was considering exiting, when Simon reached over to do something, promptly locking the hatch.

Let Simon say what he wants on Bob's radio. Point out to Simon that he didn't send congratulations out over the radio. Now I've been missed twice. No matter, I guess there wasn't that much pertinent to be added.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: August 17, 2018, 09:17:21 pm »

"I think they're all dead because we had a tank.  I've never seen so many dead so quick, except for when what's-his-face blew up a fuel depot that one time, but I guess a bigass cannon works pretty pretty well, properly commanded.  Doubt there's any more up here, Nazis are like Lemmings, they all run to the firing slits and die, instead of hiding or fleeing or something.  There's probably more in the town, though!  We should go down there after the storm gets bored, just the three of us, and Sid!  Running over Nazis in the most badass tank to ever grace this brigade!"

"...Oh, and yeah, I could radio out congratulations.  Good idea, Robert!"
  Simon leans unnecessarily close to the mic and flips it on to broadcast over all allied channels, before clearing his throat loudly.  "Good job everyone!  You were all pretty much unnecessary, in light of my tank, and awesome crew, but you still exceeded expectations and dragged yourselves up here to help out!  Just a great showing, everyone, this is the best brigade in the world, and I'm proud to be a part of it!"  With that, he flips the radio back off and returns to lounging.  "Yeah, this is awesome.  I can't wait to get drunk and party in this place's ruins."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: August 17, 2018, 09:34:17 pm »

"Assuming the lightning doesn't kill us."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: August 18, 2018, 02:51:35 am »

Enter bunker, shotgun ready to blow up some turkeys nazis

Tala slumped on Jack's shoulder as she gathered her wits and her composure, as she was sure she wasn't going to be crushed by a tank or perhaps other...intrusive thoughts.

Luckily, her hand was holding a medical bag. She focused on that to sustain her thoughts at the moment.

((Someone PREACH! :P ))
Tend to the wounded or dying, and infer what in the world could've caused this kind of collateral damage.
Also keep aware of any watching eyes...while inspecting things by sight. I'm of the impression that there's a lot more to this than it seems. (If there is nothing I can tend to)

"Form a secure perimeter everyone, please. We couldn't- have done this by ourselves. Keep watch. Someone get Edward on that control panel, find what it's connected to."
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 02:53:33 am by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: August 18, 2018, 03:03:38 am »

((NExt round, I promise, Ed will preach for you. Even if he's feeling a bit mentally unwell from the charnel as well. Especially if he's feeling a bit well from the charnel.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2546 on: August 18, 2018, 07:27:57 am »

Search the bodies for loot!
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2547 on: August 19, 2018, 11:24:20 am »

Loot Florian for anything that remains on his poor, fatty body. Then, rush into the bunker and look for unrighteous men to reeducate.

You're already in the bunker and I suggest you don't go looting a body thats outside. There's lightning out there and it seems rather angry.

Search the bodies for loot!
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
You find a few rifles, pistols, some ammo, a grenade or two. A lot of this stuff was damaged by the explosion and rendered unreliable at best. You only take the stuff that looks like it won't blow up in your hands.

"Uh, youse can stay here, I'm leaving."

Hunt for underground paths of exit, go there.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You search around and the only thing that looks like an underground path is this metal platform the tank is on. Maybe an elevator for cargo. [1] You try to get the panel to work but all you manage to do is electrocute yourself. [-1 life]

Ed hops out of the tank and calls for reports from the various teams, congratulating them on a successful insertion. He scans for threats and passages and entrances to the supposed underground passages. A key point here is to not get run over by the tank.

"Well done everyone. Left the place a right mess, din't we? Gross. Well, job's not over, so stay sharp! let's find out where the damned Nazis are, if any are left!

Radio! Call in to HQ and give an update. Probably don't mention the body parts and blood. Or do. Officers cold stand to get a feel of the blood on their hands too, right?"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
You jump out of the tank, giving everyone a quick and hopefully uplifting speech about murder before asking for reports. You listen to them each in turn as you walk over to the panel Denver just fried himself at and attempt to operate it.
[4]
You avoid the electrical error that zapped Denver and do some hasty repairs. After a moment or two the lights on the panel blink on and a "Down" button illuminates. Easy peasy. You make sure to yell at everyone that this panel is to control the elevator.

Damn, didn’t even get my first kill
Give our status report to Ed. After he has been informed, search the bunker for survivors, secrets, and loot.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Loot has been taken care of, so you search for secrets and survivors. There are a few people still nominally alive, though clearly on their way out. But you eventually find one man who is unconscious but his wounds are relatively minor.  On his chest is one of those medallions, the cycopean things.

*Toby is in a state of calm in which he will focus on things he needs to do to survive, even though the immediate threat is gone. Later on he can have a mental breakdown over the effectiveness of the fire.*
"Well that went better than I expected. Setting up a little surprise for anyone who tries to come in behind us. Radio, make sure HQ knows that."
sling the G43 back over my shoulder, and pull out the Sturmy. Set it to automatic. Pull out one of those two HE shells Simon promised me, and set up a tripwire mine at the door, just in case any reinforcements come in. Try and set it so that the explosion is directed so as to not spray shrapnel at us, and instead across/through the door, like a claymore. After that, start looting the guns for extra ammo, but be careful if it's too close to a fire; the bullets might go off if I poke them.
You know, normal procedure when someone posts an action without a sheet is to give [1]s to all actions. But since you're setting up explosives in a room containing...everyone...I'll just do the merciful thing and skip you this time.

((A part of me kinda wants to complain about PW's characterization of Simon's actions, but it's just so much better than anything I could write that I can't.  I can't do anything except smile and laugh.  GG, Piece.))

Simon starts to follow Toby out of the tank, and then he notices the ceiling smoking, and thinks better of it.  He locks the hatch shut, then returns to Alice's side and gives her a congratulatory pat on the shoulder.

"Good thinking, Alice, you're always reliable!  It's weird, Ed says he's trained with tanks, but you're so much better at this than him!  You pilots are really overachievers, huh?  Anyway, the ceiling looks like it's about to detonate, so I was thinking we might want to try and get deeper into the bunker.  Your call, though.  I think we'll be fine even if the concrete catches fire.  We'll be the last to die, at any rate, and that's all anyone can really hope for!"

Since everyone's dead, it looks like the bunker's about to be utterly destroyed by lightning, and Alice is already handling the driving, kick back and relax.  Congratulate Alice on steering us to victory, and Sid on staying so silent and still that Simon nearly forgot he was onboard!  Also congratulate Robert on being a nice person.  And congratulate the tank on being a frigging tank!  Congratulations all around, for a job well done!  If only we had booze...

...Get on the radio, and broadcast on all frequencies that Simon will pay for booze deliveries with guns and ammo.  Please deliver to the awesome bloodsoaked tank.

"That looks important. Imma smash it."

Drive into the broken control panel and antenna. I'm sure that will stop the lightning.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
You sit back, order one...shit ton...of booze from whoever has any, and then put Alice in a headlock with your legs when she tries to drive the tank back into the control panel.

"Your antics are appreciated and you are much loved, Guidance Goblin, but if you fuck things up for us I'm gonna stab you right in the neck." As you say this you dig through the tank, searching for anything tasty. [2] Sadly all you find is a pack of salted crackers. You eat them thoughtfully and pour the left over crumbs into Alice's hair.

"I hate you." She says, struggling against the leg lock.

"I know. I know."

"Why are all the Nazis already dead? Think there are any more nearby?" Bob was considering exiting, when Simon reached over to do something, promptly locking the hatch.

Let Simon say what he wants on Bob's radio. Point out to Simon that he didn't send congratulations out over the radio. Now I've been missed twice. No matter, I guess there wasn't that much pertinent to be added.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Twice? Christ. Have 20 GLORY on the house.

You let Simon broadcast his message of congratulations and booze over your radio.

Enter bunker, shotgun ready to blow up some turkeys nazis

Tala slumped on Jack's shoulder as she gathered her wits and her composure, as she was sure she wasn't going to be crushed by a tank or perhaps other...intrusive thoughts.

Luckily, her hand was holding a medical bag. She focused on that to sustain her thoughts at the moment.

((Someone PREACH! :P ))
Tend to the wounded or dying, and infer what in the world could've caused this kind of collateral damage.
Also keep aware of any watching eyes...while inspecting things by sight. I'm of the impression that there's a lot more to this than it seems. (If there is nothing I can tend to)

"Form a secure perimeter everyone, please. We couldn't- have done this by ourselves. Keep watch. Someone get Edward on that control panel, find what it's connected to."
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
You can do little for the dying; they usually aren't even conscious and those that are awake are so out of it they don't even understand whats going on. You stay with them and try to comfort them as best you can, regardless.

As per what caused this kind of collateral damage it was probably the tank. In fact you're almost certain it was the tank because Ed is literally standing on top of the tank, bragging about all the collateral damage it caused. And Simon is shouting for booze to celebrate all the damage the tank did.  Probably the tank.

[5] You do get the distinct feeling that you are being watched. You can say from where or by what but you feel that pressure of someone's gaze all over you, like someone's hand hovering just a fraction of an inch away from touching you.

The ceiling starts to glow a dull red and continues to smoke. The lighting flash from outside does not dissipate and the continuous thunder keeps going.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: August 19, 2018, 11:50:15 am »

"What are you blathering about?"

Down the elevator. Inside the tank, if you please.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:40:15 pm by Egan_BW »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: August 19, 2018, 12:36:51 pm »

"Oh, look at that Alice!  Through the viewing port!  Ed got the elevator working, we can go find more Nazis to kill!  Let's board the elevator, guidance goblin!"

Release Alice, and go man the turret.  Make sure we've got HE loaded!

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 228