Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 448377 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2640 on: August 29, 2018, 01:13:54 pm »

If Robert survives his retreat out of the tank, peek out and throw a small knife at the arch, then duck backi inside real quick.  Anything happen?

...If not, just sit tight and translate Alice's book for her.  Simon's got some loose familiarity with German, he's stabbed enough of them to death to learn by osmosis!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2641 on: August 30, 2018, 09:58:57 am »

"You better give the damn thing back when you're done, Franek! If you don't, I'm gonna kill ya myself."
Bob exits the tank, getting well clear (as much as possible), so that he doesn't become the next victim

"Y'know what, I'm just gonna stand here and wait. See how it goes Franek, I don't want you getting any silly ideas with my medal."

Make Franek have +2 life by affixing the medal to his coat? And wait with a pistol out in case he gets funny ideas. (No shooting yet though.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Done! Through the magic of meta-game logic you restore him to -2 life.

"I am grateful for the medal, however it just wouldn't quite do to usurp your glory. I am afraid I can't accept your medal, though a fine gift it makes."

Eat my rations and savor their non-existent taste. Then start applying first aid to myself. Also, smear Bob's medal on my face to apply it's miraculous properties.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
You eat a ration. It tastes like slightly cheesy cardboard. [5] You restore 2 physical! But you're only down 1 physical so...you restore to 0 physical.

[3] You fumble a handful of gauze into the wounds. It probably helps stop some of the bleeding. Probably.

"Everyone shut the fuck up. There's something dangerous out there and we need to get our shit together reeeaaal fast. Simon, please stay where you are until we're ready to move." *gestures angrily at Gwen and Denver* "You lot, be useful and go keep an eye on the door where the tank is, and since you clearly know even less than me about first aid. Whilst you're at it, give me some of your medical supplies. Tala, help me with Franek."

one roll for Simon, one for Denver and Gwen, and one for medical success. Focus on stopping the bleeding.

I'm not sure what the first part of your action is asking for...I'm gonna focus on the second part. [3]
You attempt to fix Franek's injuries, just like everyone else, and succeed on...not causing any real damage.

"I don't understand how a piece of metal is going to help right now? How is a medal going to stop his bleeding?"

Try to use my TP roll as makeshift bandages to stop the bleeding.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
[2] You wrap him in TP but, as you already know, military TP is thin and flimsy as heck so it just crumbles when exposed to the blood.

Heal Franek with my first aid pouch
”Look on the bright side; that’s two less limbs that might have to be amputated!”
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

[4]
You somehow shove your way through the dozen people all trying to do First aid at once on Franek and manage to suture his injuries shut.  He's lost his legs but at least like this he won't bleed to death.  Now to figure out what to do with him...

"Could someone remind me what the name was of the guy who I just ran over? I didn't really get a good look."

Start reading that journal of the guy who crewed this tank before Simon stabbed the fuck outta him. Cry a little at the intense Pathos of finding out about this guy's personal life after he's been brutally murdered by the stabby trench knife of war. Relate to him as a fellow crew person of the very same tank.
Then suddenly remember that I don't know german.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
[5]
You read through the journal, mispronouncing everything as you read it aloud to yourself and anyone who feels like listening. You throw in some dramatic shouting and pauses and even cry a few times.

If Robert survives his retreat out of the tank, peek out and throw a small knife at the arch, then duck backi inside real quick.  Anything happen?

...If not, just sit tight and translate Alice's book for her.  Simon's got some loose familiarity with German, he's stabbed enough of them to death to learn by osmosis!

You open the tank hatch just far enough to wing a knife out of the opening and towards the arch. The knife passes under the arch with an amazing display of absolutely jack shit. It just clinks to the ground a few feet inside the hall.  You lock the hatch down again and immediately grab the diary from the guidance goblin.

"Don't worry, I ate a german heart once. I'm pretty sure that means I can read german now."

[1] You translate it perfectly...into latin. A language you don't know. Wait...how did you do that...?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: August 30, 2018, 10:36:28 am »

“Hey Fran, you okay with stay in my bag?”
if Franek agrees, take everything out of the haversack, line it with TP, put everything I can on my belts and stuff, give the rest to my buddies, put Franek inside, carry him. If he doesn’t agree, figure out a way to make a stretcher, put him in the tank.
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: August 30, 2018, 11:00:55 am »

(For PW: first part was rolls to see if they would listen to my reque ORDERS)
"Let's put him in the tank lads." *Toby is starting to calm down, and is going to start regressing back to cowardly pragmatist as opposed to somewhat brave pragmatist* "He can be our new... I dunno, loader, I guess? Cheerleader? Anyways, let's keep moving. I feel like I'm being watched..."
Help move Franek into whichever position in the tank he is most qualified for. Mount the back of the tank again, and overwatch with the turret as cover, as I was 2 or 3 turns ago. Use the G43. Make sure the safety is off.

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:02:27 am by Redjive_Industries »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: August 30, 2018, 11:18:34 am »

Help Parrish move Franek into the tank
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2645 on: August 30, 2018, 11:26:16 am »

Help Carolina with helping Parrish.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2646 on: August 30, 2018, 01:35:10 pm »

Follow the tank and search for traps.

Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: August 30, 2018, 02:33:52 pm »

Sleep in peace.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: August 30, 2018, 04:07:42 pm »

Help with the Franek-moving, and try to follow him into the over crowded tank, to man the machinegun. Then ask what we're doing now.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 06:47:35 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: August 30, 2018, 06:46:09 pm »

Graciously allow the cripple into the tank, but don't let anyone else stay inside.  Unless they're Robert or Parrish, I guess.  Keep the trench knife ready in case anyone feels the need to argue.

After Franek is situated, get back behind the turret and be ready to shoot anything dangerous.

"Hi Franek!  Sorry for running you over, even though it was kinda your fault for jumping in front of my tank.  Look on the bright side, though!  Now that you've lost your legs, you get to stay safe inside the tank, so you almost definitely won't be run over by it a second time!  There's never any guarantees when Alice is driving, but you're probably safe, haha!"

"...Oh, Alice, yeah, we should probably drive through that creepy archway into what is no-doubt the occult Nazi chamber full of human sacrifices.  I bet there'll be something to shoot in there.  I've still got an HE round loaded and ready!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: August 31, 2018, 12:41:28 am »

"Full speed ahead, eh?"

[21:15] <syv> Also, post in 888th.
[21:15] <Devastator> Need more explosions in 888th.
[21:16] <syv> Agreed.
[21:16] <ER> how does "drive forwards, and stab the fuck outta anyone other than the cripple who tries to enter the tank" sound?
[21:16] <syv> Like a true patriot!

I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2651 on: September 01, 2018, 11:06:47 am »

Sleep in peace.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Graciously allow the cripple into the tank, but don't let anyone else stay inside.  Unless they're Robert or Parrish, I guess.  Keep the trench knife ready in case anyone feels the need to argue.

After Franek is situated, get back behind the turret and be ready to shoot anything dangerous.

"Hi Franek!  Sorry for running you over, even though it was kinda your fault for jumping in front of my tank.  Look on the bright side, though!  Now that you've lost your legs, you get to stay safe inside the tank, so you almost definitely won't be run over by it a second time!  There's never any guarantees when Alice is driving, but you're probably safe, haha!"

"...Oh, Alice, yeah, we should probably drive through that creepy archway into what is no-doubt the occult Nazi chamber full of human sacrifices.  I bet there'll be something to shoot in there.  I've still got an HE round loaded and ready!"

Help with the Franek-moving, and try to follow him into the over crowded tank, to man the machinegun. Then ask what we're doing now.

(For PW: first part was rolls to see if they would listen to my reque ORDERS)
"Let's put him in the tank lads." *Toby is starting to calm down, and is going to start regressing back to cowardly pragmatist as opposed to somewhat brave pragmatist* "He can be our new... I dunno, loader, I guess? Cheerleader? Anyways, let's keep moving. I feel like I'm being watched..."
Help move Franek into whichever position in the tank he is most qualified for. Mount the back of the tank again, and overwatch with the turret as cover, as I was 2 or 3 turns ago. Use the G43. Make sure the safety is off.

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)

Help Carolina with helping Parrish.
Help Parrish move Franek into the tank
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Simon, Parrish, William, Carolina and Robert carry the legless Franek into  the tank (irony of ironys) and set him up on one of the chairs. He's technically in the loader position but chances of him being able to actively man it are minimal. Still, its a place to keep him. Simon mutters something about bleeding on the seats, to which Alice reminds him that he already gutted a crew in here and there's blood all over the place. Simon continues muttering that german blood is fitting for a German tank and that American blood clashes but he subsides.

Robert and Parrish retake their seats in the tank.

"Full speed ahead, eh?"

[21:15] <syv> Also, post in 888th.
[21:15] <Devastator> Need more explosions in 888th.
[21:16] <syv> Agreed.
[21:16] <ER> how does "drive forwards, and stab the fuck outta anyone other than the cripple who tries to enter the tank" sound?
[21:16] <syv> Like a true patriot!

You push the throttle down and the tank rolls forward...directly into the arch. Hm.

"We're a bit too big to get down the hall, me thinks!"

Follow the tank and search for traps.

Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
You follow the tank all of 5 feet before it hits a wall and stops.

You sigh and rub the bridge of your nose.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: September 01, 2018, 12:14:32 pm »

"Hmm.  I think this actually is a problem we can't solve with shooting or ramming.  We'd probably run out of ammo before the tunnel runs out of length.  Oh!  Alice, remember when Ed was driving, and he got us hit by lightning?  The tank was thrown a long distance, and nearly tipped over--but it got up to like a forty-five degree angle without breaking!  I once watched a buddy of mine slide a car and get it up on two wheels, maybe you could try that with the tank; if our tracks are at an angle, we'd fit down there fine!  Loady, or Gunny now, I guess, if sliding doesn't work try shooting the left wall so that the rubble makes a ramp."

Suggest insane methods of fitting a tank down a thin underground tunnel to my teammates.  Shout encouragements to help them out, like any good commander.  Edit:  The plan is for Alice to try and get the tank onto just one track, by any means necessary, so that it can fit down the archway.  Failing that, Simon will start commanding his allies to FIRE EVERYTHING!

...Meanwhile, look at the archway.  How thick is it?  Is the tunnel definitely wider behind, wide enough to drive down?  Could we just destroy a part of the arch and fit through, and how much would we have to destroy?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: September 01, 2018, 12:42:02 pm »

"It's over, Simon. You know it's over. Let it go, Buddy, let it go. If it helps, I'll help you set up a good 'going away' explosion for the tank. I'll even let you push the button. How about that, Simon? Sound good? Come on, Buddy, we got more nazi bastards and clouds and French Trees to kill."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: September 01, 2018, 01:29:29 pm »

Simon immediately responds, his tone deadly serious.  "Do not even joke about that, Ed.  Nobody's blowing up my tank while I'm still alive, and I'm taking her out with me when this is over, even if it's the last thing I do."  He pauses for a moment, then returns to his normal jovial tone.  "Besides, Ed, there's no need!  This plan is too awesome to fail!"
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 228