Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447641 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #2895 on: October 19, 2018, 11:49:11 am »

Here's what Bob did:

Shot out some random Nazi vehicle's tire.
Shot 3 or so Nazis in an ambush with Denver, and stole a truck, and in doing so, saved three french civilians from death.
Road the crazy tank ride of death, waiting in vain for a chance to shoot the machinegun
Gave Franek a medal when he needed it most (granting +2 life)
Kept Franek from bleeding on the prisoner

Didn't die when we tried to kill ourselves with lightning, and in fact, avoided injury entirely through the mission.
Followed Simon's orders most dutifully.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
150 GLORY
Ed Spends 600 Glory on Building Killer Promotion, and 200 Glory on Leveling Demolitions to Rank 2.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
Alright.

Aww, I was kinda hoping to get a medal for all that skilled stabbing Simon did.  Oh well, I can't complain with that glory payout.

Piecewise, does Simon get to keep the tank he stole?  Or would it be taken away, like Alice's magic hoverplane?  He'd totally try and fight to keep his loot, though nonlethally.  Probably got thrown in the brig for it.

Also, this probably looks really greedy considering, but will we be getting global mission completion glory too, like past missions?  I'm totally not (just) trying to get more pay, the glory does helps out those less badass fortunate.

...If the answer to both is "yes", could Simon keep his tank by spending 600 glory on a driver promotion?  Or Ed, since Ed is already spending that much and would surely appreciate a building-killing tank more than a few building-killing bombs?
Actually yeah. Forgot we had a melee one.

Berserker medal for you.

You keep yours since its not a special magic thing.

I'm gonna give it out at the end.

Your choice. By spending the 600 you'd make a permanent item that restocked if it was destroyed on mission.

Burned a bunch of enemies in an ambush attack:

Quote from: Ambush
[5]
Ed waits till the convoy is directly over the explosive and then detonates it. At this point things become a bit confused. The blast lifts the first truck at the same time it snaps it in half and throws it backwards. It lands on the cab of the truck behind it and then the team starts firing at anyone left standing. Bullets tear through the air and the nazis fall in the crossfire. They jerk and twitch as bullets tear them apart from multiple angles, blowing out sprays of red as they fall.  Then Will opens up with his flame thrower and in one sweep covers the entire scene in burning jellied gasoline. The last few nazis stagger, screaming or oddly silent, out of the inferno and collapse. Everything grows silent save for the patter of rain and the constant thunder.

Stabbed a door to death:

Quote from: Door
[5]
You line your knife up on the keyhole and stab. You do this repeatedly until suddenly the deadbolt holding the door shut pops out of place and flies into the room beyond with a series of loud metallic clinks

You turn around, knife raised, and nod knowingly while gesturing towards the door with one hand.

And apparently blew up all of the nazis that were in the fort in a horrible manner on accident.

Quote from: Bang
William takes his extra flamethrower tank and walks up to the door with it in his left hand. [4] He pants his feet, aligns his body just right, and then kicks the door.  It swings open about 3/4ths of the way and he uses his left hand and the weight of his body to lift the flamethrower canisters and hurl it down the hall in the direction of the bullets, all without exposing any more than a bit of his hand.  The door slams closed a few moments later and maybe a half second after that there is a tremendous, if muffled, BANG! as the no doubt bullet riddled canister detonates.  The door bulges out a bit and smoke and flame licks out through the gaps.  William then does an exaggerated showman's pose and says "Ta-da" in a monotone.

...Black smoke and the pungent smell of burning hair pours out. She waves a bit of the smoke away and sticks her head in just far enough to get a look. The hall inside is still smoldering, small fires flicker on floor, ceiling and walls, and black smoke hangs heavy in the upper 2/3rds of the hall. There are corpses down at the end of the hall, burning more fiercely than the scattered fires on the concrete, and she can hear groans and other unpleasant sounds of human wreckage further on, hidden somewhere. Carolina shoves the door open all the way and Denver, William and Radio follow her in. They stalk forward, stepping over bodies and kicking weapons away from anyone who could, conceivably, still be alive. Around a corner is the front of the building. The Two big delivery doors are partially open, split a half an inch or so when the round slammed through between them. The room behind them, with its firing slits and halls off to the machineguns, is covered in a combination of chalky concrete dust and blood. There are at least two dozen dead men here, the blood pooling is thick enough to coat the ground in a thin layer of powder dusted red. Bodies lie in odd positions, thrown back against walls and falling in ways impossible for a living person, all twisted up and broken. The smell is horrible; a dozen opened entrails  leak a sewer like stench  that mixes with the oddly sweet metal smell of the blood.

That's pretty much everything, didn't really do a lot. I assume I get a replacement fuel tank? Do I heal the mental damage?

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
150 GLORY

Gwens acts of glory:
Tried to apply first aid on Franek's legs.
Helped stabilize Tala.

Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
150 GLORY

Acquire the Beserker Medal.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
https://i.imgur.com/87iFJZg.png

Done

Stuff:
Stopped that Frank guys bleeding,
Splinted Carolina’s arm
Helped Healed Tala somehow

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
170 GLORY

GLORY
100 GLORY

Is that everyone? Well, regardless, Everyone can add 100 to their GLORY as base pay for the mission.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: October 19, 2018, 03:44:05 pm »

I DO get a medal?  AND I get to keep the tank, AND ENOUGH GLORY TO BUY A SECOND ONE?!

I AM THE KING OF EVERYTHING!

...Eeehehehe.  Simon prolly won't be commanding the tank next mission, so it'll be left to Ed, or someone else Simon trusts.  For those of you interested in manning it, some Tank skill might be a good investment, since it allows you to operate any part of the tank.  Though, Simon also won't be buying a replacement, so if you total it you're out of a tank until someone can steal or buy a second.

Simon's shopping list (at least, until the next mission is posted) is in the below spoiler.  All prices are known except for the cost of a few cans of paint.  Simon wants to give his tank some nice camouflage, something appropriate to the next mission.  How much GLORY would that cost?

Spoiler: Glory spending! (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: October 19, 2018, 05:04:51 pm »

Alright, post your glory lists if you haven't yet. I'll think up what the fuck I wanna do with you all in the future.

What the Radioman did this mission:

100 based off what I remember you doing you cheeky sod.

Hearing you call me a cheeky sod is worth more than all the glory in the world.

Play something for the crew while we ride on home. Something anachronistic. Some CCR fortunate son perhaps?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: October 19, 2018, 05:41:34 pm »

That tank'll need a dedicated crew.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2899 on: October 19, 2018, 06:27:21 pm »

Spend Glory to improve first aid to 2 and to requisition a spare first aid pouch.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2900 on: October 19, 2018, 10:33:40 pm »

Adding 100 general mission GLORY to my sheet.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2901 on: October 20, 2018, 02:05:08 am »

Here's everything I did. Give me GLORY.

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: October 20, 2018, 02:39:13 am »

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: October 20, 2018, 08:34:49 am »

"Alice Best Radio Operator" Bob takes offense at this. He checked for static more than once! And actually communicated over a radio! Radio man doesn't count for this because he more is a radio than is operating one.

GLORY has been added to sheet.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:32:47 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: October 20, 2018, 08:25:36 pm »

You can't be the best, you don't have a hat.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: October 20, 2018, 09:45:52 pm »

. . . Oh damn, you might be right. What would be the glory price for quality cowboy hat? If it's just the same as any other fancy hat, I'll be paying 5 GLORY for that.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:04:08 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: October 21, 2018, 06:47:35 am »

I don't really recall much. It'll really help for others to chip in on others too.
Is that everyone? Well, regardless, Everyone can add 100 to their GLORY as base pay for the mission.
Hum :<
So many people.

Spoiler: What I guess I did (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2907 on: October 21, 2018, 12:15:29 pm »

I DO get a medal?  AND I get to keep the tank, AND ENOUGH GLORY TO BUY A SECOND ONE?!

I AM THE KING OF EVERYTHING!

...Eeehehehe.  Simon prolly won't be commanding the tank next mission, so it'll be left to Ed, or someone else Simon trusts.  For those of you interested in manning it, some Tank skill might be a good investment, since it allows you to operate any part of the tank.  Though, Simon also won't be buying a replacement, so if you total it you're out of a tank until someone can steal or buy a second.

Simon's shopping list (at least, until the next mission is posted) is in the below spoiler.  All prices are known except for the cost of a few cans of paint.  Simon wants to give his tank some nice camouflage, something appropriate to the next mission.  How much GLORY would that cost?

Spoiler: Glory spending! (click to show/hide)

Enough paint to cover the tank is 5 GLORY.

Alright, post your glory lists if you haven't yet. I'll think up what the fuck I wanna do with you all in the future.

What the Radioman did this mission:

100 based off what I remember you doing you cheeky sod.

Hearing you call me a cheeky sod is worth more than all the glory in the world.

Play something for the crew while we ride on home. Something anachronistic. Some CCR fortunate son perhaps?
You play some music. Most people like it though some seem to be slightly distressed by it for some reason.

That tank'll need a dedicated crew.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Welcome aboard.

Spend Glory to improve first aid to 2 and to requisition a spare first aid pouch.

Ok.

Here's everything I did. Give me GLORY.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)

You get yourself a pair of prosthetic legs. Speed drops to 0 instead of +1 since they're more awkward than normal legs, but otherwise you get by fine.

. . . Oh damn, you might be right. What would be the glory price for quality cowboy hat? If it's just the same as any other fancy hat, I'll be paying 5 GLORY for that.

Fine by me.

I don't really recall much. It'll really help for others to chip in on others too.
Hum :<
So many people.

Spoiler: What I guess I did (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

200 Glory.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2908 on: October 21, 2018, 12:16:10 pm »

How do you guys feel about a train heist to free some prisoner's on their way to a concentration camp?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: October 21, 2018, 12:39:57 pm »

Outside of the superfluous aphostrophe, sounds like fun!
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 228