Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447981 times)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3120 on: December 10, 2018, 05:53:23 pm »

Man the tank's machine gun, be ready to take over driving if Ed is somehow incapacitated.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: December 11, 2018, 07:48:45 am »

*Toby finishes cleaning the Luger and the spins it around without really paying attention to it. He realizes what he's doing, and suddenly notices that it's also clean* "When did that happen? Oh well. Least it works now."

I'm all set to board the train. Esketit!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3122 on: December 14, 2018, 01:00:58 pm »

See if I can see if there’s any weaknesses in the track that could be exploited with explosives.
Otherwise just wait for other people to decide what to do.

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
...I mean they're just train tracks. The weakness that can be exploited about them via explosives is that you can fucking blow them up.  I dunno what kind of magic weakness or exploit you're looking for by combining tnt with train tracks but I can't honestly think of any.

I thought we're here to demoralize the enemy and lift up the spirits of our brave soldiers.

Keep bugging whoever's in charge to get sent to the front.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You rise from the nazi corpse pile, ready to cause trouble.

Honestly, I'm not really sure about what am I supossed to do right now. I suposse I had to get in the tank, but I didn't and missed the opportunity? Is anyone else close to my position?

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
We'll assume you climbed onto the tank along with the others.

2 turns left OR we can start if people are ready to go.
((Hum :( My action wasn't processed))
Yeah let's assume I'm on the tank.

And then let's assume I'm taking a shooting position that's somewhat stable on the tank, or an unoccupied turret for shooting stuff.

"We are going to be very vulnerable to recoiless rifles. Glad I got my last smoke grenade."

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Okie dokie. On the tank we go.

Grab some dry branches and drop them onto the barricade, then light them on fire.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
You find kindling to increase the size of the fire. It burns well enough.

Its rather difficult to drop kick a corpse you see. Thats more...energetically falling on them. Now, had you given them the people's elbow or maybe a suplex, that would be worth describing. But as of right now I have no interest in explaining how mediocre your double footed pratfalls are.
You cretin, there were perfectly good living nazis to dropkick when that action actually occurred!

Oh, but I'll show you, I'l show you all! Get into one of those trees so I can dropkick onto the train from it!

Unless that wouldn't work for some reason, in which case help with creating a roadblock/obstruction on the tracks.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You climb up a tree and ready yourself for making a bad decision.

It seems like the majority of people are ready so lets to it, lads.

The train comes rumbling into view a few minutes later and its not what they expected. Some had heard of the armored trains, which had apparently been used extensively by the Polish, but few had ever seen one. The nazi locomotive that comes barreling into view is one of these trains; a massive block of metal armor somewhere between a tank and a train, with the angled plate armor and swiveling turrets of a tank and the huge driving wheels of a train. The thing has no smokestack and instead discharges occasional cracks of electricity from three back bending metal tines along its roof; clearly something from the Stormtower tech brigade. The several cars behind it are equally armored and armed, but  beyond the first 3 or 4 cars the carriages are normal looking cattle cars though they're made from metal instead of wood. The train apparently sees the burning barricade right about when the tank and its passengers see the train because it...speeds up.  Apparently its betting that the armored axe blade of a cattle catcher jutting out in front of its wheels is going to be enough to clear the way.  The machine gun turrets on the engine jerk into life and begin swiveling to aim at the tank and its half dozen external ride alongs.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: December 14, 2018, 01:37:38 pm »

(for some reason I hoped that if I didn't mention the possibility of the train being one of the armored ones, then we wouldn't have to deal with one)

*lights up smoke and takes a long pull on it*

if I'm not already in the tank (I should be) dive in the hatch and casually tell everyone outside to run for cover. Since I should be in the tank, do the same, minus the diving in the hatch part, and jam an AT shell into the gun. Then yell at someone to fire and start making a plan. We can still salvage this one lads!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 10:59:27 am by Redjive_Industries »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: December 14, 2018, 01:54:32 pm »

Approach train behind engine, match speed. Try not to give the train's machine guns a good angle to shoot at us.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: December 14, 2018, 02:23:29 pm »

((Don’t forget your character sheet, Red.))

Fire the main cannon at the turrets.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: December 14, 2018, 03:19:29 pm »

Am I playing a Nazi? I assumed Satan fought for the allies.............................
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: December 14, 2018, 03:28:26 pm »

Piecewise says I'm still fighting for the allies...

If possible, use the necronomicon raise more zombies to use as meatshields.

Start marching towards the front, preach in English, French and German about the universal hatred of the elder gods, the meaninglessness of life, and the comfort of death and war. Inspire our troops to suicidal bravery.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: December 14, 2018, 05:33:47 pm »

(for some reason I hoped that if I didn't mention the possibility of the train being one of the armored ones, then we wouldn't have to deal with one)

((It occured to me too, but when I googled it, it seemed like armoured trains were too rare.  Plus I was looking forward to half the players dying horribly, and didn't want to discourage that.  Success!))

"Huh.  Hey, dudes inside Isabella!  Shoot it now!  Oh, and everyone else, uh, hang onto her front, on the other side've her turret.  You'll be fine!  Just don't get caught in her treads!"

Take cover behind the tank's turret.  Then start shooting at the MG firing slits with a Springfield.  Drop the gun and jump onto the train if we get close enough for that.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: December 14, 2018, 05:40:55 pm »

Bob pulled his hat off in one hand, and gave a loud, "YEE-HAW" before bracing himself.
Try to get on the train and pls don't die.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: December 14, 2018, 08:39:02 pm »

Jump off the tank before it gets going and try to find cover. If there’s none to be found then sprint towards the nearest available cover.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: December 14, 2018, 10:03:01 pm »

Keep in cover until the MG cars pass. Then rush the cattle cars when I see an opening to board the train. Knife time.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: December 15, 2018, 06:44:09 am »

Heroically leap onto the train as it smashes into the barricade. Do NOT lose my other leg.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: December 15, 2018, 10:59:09 am »

((Don’t forget your character sheet, Red.))
(wotchu talkin aboot I totally didn't have to go back and edit that in or anything definitely had it there to begin with)

*Toby breathes out the smoke he just took a pull off of, stubs the cig out because he's been trying to quit, and sighs* "We're all gonna die"
*Then he enters controlled panic mode and starts scrambles around the tank checking that all the MGs are fully loaded, and starts moving AP shells closer to the main gun so he can load it faster* "Aim for the engine or the control room, we gotta stop that sumbitch first, or we won't be able to get good accuracy on those turrets!"

do things that need to be done so other people can do the important jobs in the tank, like firing the main cannon without having to worry too much about reloading.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3134 on: December 15, 2018, 12:47:01 pm »

Stay inside the tank for now, climb out and jump onto the train once we're close to it.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 228