Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447582 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3285 on: February 21, 2019, 08:17:11 am »

Swap seats with Simon and drive.
Edit: drive closer to the darkness so Franek can hit it with his sword.
Tilde.

"I hit the darkness, Simon. Now there's a Jormungand. Or maybe an Ouroboros."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 07:36:09 am by Ozarck »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: February 21, 2019, 04:17:05 pm »

Lean over to Edward/Simon (whoever is driving at the time) and loudly tell them "drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!"

Exude majesty.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: February 21, 2019, 06:56:03 pm »

If the thing get close in an aggressive manner, light it up with the turret.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: February 21, 2019, 07:00:16 pm »

"Oh wait you can see it. Why didn't you tell me Radioman!? I would have been off the roof when it started raining, and now I'm all wet."

Bob sits back and relaxes to watch whatever fireworks are going on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: February 22, 2019, 06:19:56 am »

See if the static etc. is back again. And can I contact Alice dearest?

Can I manually lower the throttle somehow? If not, is there an emergency break? Use that if it doesn't seem like it would derail this train.

Also, if people want to use me as their personal radio, make sure they talk into the microphone.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3291 on: February 28, 2019, 03:53:26 pm »

Said over the radio: "Umm.  So, I gave that giant rook a good look, and I saw, well, nothing.  It kinda just looks like God grabbed a bigass sword and just cut a long strip out of reality.  Also, Ed shot it with the tank cannon, and it didn't even flinch, so it's either tough as balls, or a portal to Hell.  Or an illusion, I guess?"

"...But don't worry guys!  Thry were just shipping all these civvies off to murder them, right?  Well, if they could just summon a giant deathpillar of doom that kills everything, they would have just summoned it to kill the civvies already!  So, since they didn't, it won't kill us.  Just, keep watch in case Satan climbs out or something."

...Keep driving alongside the train, I guess, unless Ed wants to take over again.  If so, be happy that we can so easily swap seats in a cramped tank, and keep watch for Satan climbing out of the possible portal to Hell.  If Satan is seen, shoot him with the main gun.  Failing Satan, shoot the sky snake thing.

"Hopefully that snake thing is nice enough to zoom down at us from a shallow angle. Otherwise shooting it is gonna be hard. Almost like they didn't design this thing to shoot straight up or something."

Said over the radio: "Umm.  So, I gave that giant rook a good look, and I saw, well, nothing.  It kinda just looks like God grabbed a bigass sword and just cut a long strip out of reality.  Also, Ed shot it with the tank cannon, and it didn't even flinch, so it's either tough as balls, or a portal to Hell.  Or an illusion, I guess?"

"...But don't worry guys!  Thry were just shipping all these civvies off to murder them, right?  Well, if they could just summon a giant deathpillar of doom that kills everything, they would have just summoned it to kill the civvies already!  So, since they didn't, it won't kill us.  Just, keep watch in case Satan climbs out or something."
Tala used Radioman's radio to communicate.

"Problem is, is that the destination or not? Because we're experiencing quite the mirage! It doesn't feel cold though so there's that! I'll station myself amongst the civilians and dress appropriately too. I forgot I stuffed that one journalist package in my bag; it seems to fit the setting. They'd also be unloading their folks and we're pretty much in front. I'll go guard the rear. Can someone fire a single round into the snow to check if it's real? Never seen snow in my life. Accidental discharge is a good reason. Where's our tank?!"

Get to a suitable location I can easily move to a turret for, and somewhere that can easily reach the civilian train cars' point of entry. Get looking like a stuffy civilian because I'm blending in at a distance from them.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
(1)
Tala climbs up to the top of the train, strips naked, and stands with her arms outstretched in the rain.

"COME AND FUGGING GET ME YOU CLOUD DWELLING NANCY BOY!"

Swap seats with Simon and drive.
Edit: drive closer to the darkness so Franek can hit it with his sword.
Tilde.

"I hit the darkness, Simon. Now there's a Jormungand. Or maybe an Ouroboros."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)
"Yeah you cast a magic missile at the darkness for me too, Frank." Ed says, keeping the tank as close to the train as he can.

Lean over to Edward/Simon (whoever is driving at the time) and loudly tell them "drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!"

Exude majesty.

(1) Franek exudes....an unpleasant substance that stains the chair.

"Oh wait you can see it. Why didn't you tell me Radioman!? I would have been off the roof when it started raining, and now I'm all wet."

Bob sits back and relaxes to watch whatever fireworks are going on.

Bob sits down on the floor of the Train and points at the clouds.

"There's a dragon in there. Yep. Dragon. You think its an anime dragon? "

"What the fuck is anime?"

See if the static etc. is back again. And can I contact Alice dearest?

Can I manually lower the throttle somehow? If not, is there an emergency break? Use that if it doesn't seem like it would derail this train.

Also, if people want to use me as their personal radio, make sure they talk into the microphone.

[/quote]
You're still getting nothing but static on every channel.

You check over the train cabin real fast and find an emergency brake pretty quickly. Its even labeled, in german.  You pull the brake slowly, easing it on and the train starts to slow.  After maybe 30 seconds you have it on full and the train grinds slowly to a halt, the tank coming up along side it.  The rain seems to have stopped as well.

Actually, now that you're looking around, it seems like a lot has stopped. The tower is gone, the thing in the clouds is gone, the storm is mostly gone, just gray clouds now.  You're still in a forest surrounded by snow but...it seems much more reasonable now.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: February 28, 2019, 06:10:21 pm »

Wipe the ass and the chair with the TP. Do not exude any more.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: March 01, 2019, 08:44:31 am »

"Wait, where'd my dragon go!?"

Bob checks his radio to see if it works now that the clouds and tower are gone.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: March 01, 2019, 09:36:54 am »

Can the train still move now that the throttle is broken, or will repairs be needed before we can leave again?

[/quote]

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: March 03, 2019, 08:34:05 am »

...I hate it when out of context and out of character results are chosen to happen.
That never happened because I regained my composure and whatnot.

Make a good thoroughly lookout from my position anyway. This means we're about to be attacked. Probably.
But do communicate to the rest to please be on high alert and to keep an eye on the civilians too.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3296 on: March 03, 2019, 10:22:42 am »

Back on the machine gun I go.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: March 04, 2019, 06:25:23 am »

Poke head outside the tank, look around for enemies.  If enemies spotted, shoot them with the incendiary-loaded Springfield if it'd hurt them, otherwise duck back into the tank and take them out with the turret.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3298 on: March 05, 2019, 11:58:16 am »

Wipe the ass and the chair with the TP. Do not exude any more.

[3]
Filthy Franek manages to control his bodily functions.

For now...

"Wait, where'd my dragon go!?"

Bob checks his radio to see if it works now that the clouds and tower are gone.
The radio does indeed seem to be working but you're picking up a lot of chatter in...is that Norwegian?

Can the train still move now that the throttle is broken, or will repairs be needed before we can leave again?

[/quote]
The throttle at least will need repair.

...I hate it when out of context and out of character results are chosen to happen.
That never happened because I regained my composure and whatnot.

Make a good thoroughly lookout from my position anyway. This means we're about to be attacked. Probably.
But do communicate to the rest to please be on high alert and to keep an eye on the civilians too.

((Ya rolled a 1 Ti, you know that 1's make people act silly. Franek just gallantly poo'd in a tank because of a 1.  Such is life on the edge of a d6. ))

You look around carefully. Huh...the terrain here doesn't look anything like it should. You weren't aware of any big arctic mountains around here.  You note, however, what might be planes in the distance. You let radio know.

Back on the machine gun I go.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
You sit at the machinegun and wait.

"I am not murdering as many germans as I would like to be. I got quotas to meet here."

Poke head outside the tank, look around for enemies.  If enemies spotted, shoot them with the incendiary-loaded Springfield if it'd hurt them, otherwise duck back into the tank and take them out with the turret.

You look around but from your position next to the train, can't see much.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: March 05, 2019, 03:47:18 pm »

Listen for any suspicious sounds.

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 228