Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447239 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3375 on: April 28, 2019, 12:48:44 am »

Reload them turrets or help in shooting (adjusting aim, spotting, observation, or using a turret myself)

As Robert took the turret, Tala helped reload and maintain it.

She decided it'd better help a lot more to maintain awareness of the situation like anyone who had awareness would helpfully do. And thus she did so.
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: April 29, 2019, 07:42:22 pm »

now that's what i call multiversal dramatic irony
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3379 on: May 08, 2019, 11:34:59 am »

"I thought i was good with tanks, Simon. I thought i was good at this. Well, I guess no plan survives contact with the enemy and all that."

Edit: Inspect the tanks for damage before driving Simon closer to the retreating Nazis. If it's drivable, go for it, but avoid my own IEDs. If it's not drivable, get out and disarm my traps.

Take a moment to get out and disarm any traps I made that are still unexploded, then return to the tank and lead the train onward past the ambush site.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)
The tank is definitely damaged, the armor on the left side around the turret is blown open, but the actual treads and engine seem undamaged. It will move just fine but care should be taken to prevent the left side from being exposed.

Roar with righteous rage and ravage Germans with my bayonet. Also, how much damage did the gunshot inflict?

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
-1 life.
You start to get up and chase the germans as the retreat but are immediately forced to duck for cover as some teammate on the armored train fires into the woods in a way that...while not technically random sure doesn't feel very targeted.

"Bastards... Grah!  Stop pitying yourself Ed, there's still Nazis to kill!  Drive me closer, after I run out of bullets I'll be swapping to an axe!"

Don't bother reloading the De Lisle, just drop it back into hammerspace and start taking shots with the spare Springfield, which is currently loaded with incendiaries.  If after Simon runs through all five shots, there's still visible Nazis, he'll dismount and charge them with an axe and trench knife!

[4]
Simon empties his Springfield into the forest at the retreating soldiers. By the time he fires that last shot the Germans are out of sight and he's just firing at the last area he saw them. He considers going after them with his melee weapons but...well...they're already retreating and Ed is starting to move the tank...so he desists for the moment.

Resume firing at the retreating nazis.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
You spray fire at the retreating nazis. You can't see them very well but you know the general direction they're in so you content yourself with filling that area with hot lead.

Reload them turrets or help in shooting (adjusting aim, spotting, observation, or using a turret myself)

As Robert took the turret, Tala helped reload and maintain it.

She decided it'd better help a lot more to maintain awareness of the situation like anyone who had awareness would helpfully do. And thus she did so.
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Tala keeps feeding rounds in to Gwen's gun and repeatedly asking if Gwen is SURE she has a good bead on the hostiles since there are friendlies down range. Gwen responds with a mad cackle and quotes from Scarface.

Once the way is clear, then choo-choo-choo on through.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
Radio brings the train forward, crossing the bridge and moving on with the tank just behind.  There is now a period of momentary piece in which to consider the next actions. What is known is this:

1. The train is now somewhere very different from where it was a short time ago, more than likely in some Nordic country several hundred or thousand miles off track.
2. The Nazis seem to know what happened and more than that they seem to have done it purposefully.
3. They want the train, or at least the contents of the train, intact.
4. Getting this train back to the planned Escape route is gonna be impossible. A new route a new extraction zone is gonna have to be set up. The coastline is probably the best bet.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: May 08, 2019, 11:04:32 pm »

Over the radio: "So, where the hell are we?  Wherever this is, I don't like it.  It's too cold!"

Bah!  Reload the Springfield and De Lisle, keep an eye out for any more hostiles.

If nobody takes charge, ring up command and demand that they give us new orders.  Divert their inevitable reasonable questions about where we are by insulting them and their tactical acumen, while throwing in self-aggrandizing boasts about the myriad violent acts Simon has achieved.

Stay silent if someone else does step up.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3381 on: May 09, 2019, 06:58:28 am »

Resume being a stationary train gunner.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: May 09, 2019, 10:36:39 am »

Observe surroundings.

Scan airwaves. Picking up anything? Even something like civilian radio chatter might help us determine where we are more accurately. If we can contact command, update them on our situation.

Check up on our passengers. Is the cold likely to cause hypothermia in them soon? Any way we could make their situation a little more comfortable?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: May 09, 2019, 02:40:53 pm »

If hostiles show up, respond accordingly, otherwise hang tight, or follow the group.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: May 09, 2019, 08:46:22 pm »

"I Don't think the Finns and Pollacks are friendly with the Nazis, are they? We should be in friendly territory now, right? Aside from the Nazis, i mean. Mayeb we can find some civilization. Gosh, I hope we don't have to end up exploding the cargo to keep it out of Nazi hands. That would be depressing.

Hey, Simon. DId Alice come with us? We could really use some Aerial scouting 'bout now."

Tank ahead to find some crossroads, or civilization. Try to not let the left side be exposed if we encounter hostile fire.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: May 10, 2019, 04:53:26 pm »

Loot the dead Germans, seize their means of reproduction (and weaponry, ammunition, documents, money and anything else of value). Any living Germans shall be tied up with clothing ripped from the dead and brought to the team.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: May 13, 2019, 07:33:20 am »

"hahahah. Classic Alice. She's probably napping as we speak."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3388 on: May 15, 2019, 10:25:33 am »

Loot the dead Germans, seize their means of reproduction (and weaponry, ammunition, documents, money and anything else of value). Any living Germans shall be tied up with clothing ripped from the dead and brought to the team.

"Seize their means of reproduction"

[1]
Franek hobbles back to the train carrying a handful of....reproductive means.

Resume being a stationary train gunner.
If hostiles show up, respond accordingly, otherwise hang tight, or follow the group.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
GUN GUN GUN GUN GUN

Observe surroundings.

Scan airwaves. Picking up anything? Even something like civilian radio chatter might help us determine where we are more accurately. If we can contact command, update them on our situation.

Check up on our passengers. Is the cold likely to cause hypothermia in them soon? Any way we could make their situation a little more comfortable?

[3]
Scanning the airwaves reveals only vaguely where you are. You believe you're currently in Norway, which the general surroundings seem to indicate is a reasonable guess. You can only make this guess via the languages being spoken though. 

You contact command and update them. They seem rather taken aback, as you might expect, and tell you to give them time to figure something out. They further tell you to keep moving and, if possible, move towards the coast as best you can.

The passengers, according to Tala's ever present checks, are doing ok for the moment. Their cars are pretty well closed off so they're somewhat insulated and the combined body heat of all of them is keeping them warm enough. However with the movement, wind, and general passage of time they're gonna start getting colder. It would be a good idea to figure something out to fix that. Sealing the cars up better might work.

Over the radio: "So, where the hell are we?  Wherever this is, I don't like it.  It's too cold!"

Bah!  Reload the Springfield and De Lisle, keep an eye out for any more hostiles.

If nobody takes charge, ring up command and demand that they give us new orders.  Divert their inevitable reasonable questions about where we are by insulting them and their tactical acumen, while throwing in self-aggrandizing boasts about the myriad violent acts Simon has achieved.

Stay silent if someone else does step up.

Reloaded.

You wait while Radio talks things over with command.

Far overhead several planes can be seen. They're keeping pace with the train, apparently tracking it, but they're far too high up to be shot at with the weapons currently available.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: May 15, 2019, 10:39:32 am »

Using what I can observe from my surroundings and whatever geography I know, try to determine in what direction the nearest coast is and where the nearest city/large settlement would be.

Listen in on radio chatter coming from the enemy planes, if any.

"Hey, one of you on the turrets right now, try to find a way to seal up those passenger cars better so those people don't freeze their tits off, ok? But don't lock it up so tightly they suffocate!"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228