Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 446626 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2017, 07:31:36 am »

((@Egan
I figured the difference would be inconsequential to a person who thought it was an anti-materiel rifle.  "Rocket Launcher" is far more evocative of its actual role than "Recoilless Rifle".

@Strider
Well, it is a rifle, by definition.  It has rifling.  It's just a lot bigger than an anti-material rifle, and very very different in operation.  It's actually quite possibly not being used as a rifle in that video, as that insert might not have rifling, and the actual weapon's rifling is utterly meaningless for a 12.7mm anti-materiel projectile.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2017, 08:06:14 am »

volenteer
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2017, 08:17:47 am »

Volunteering, despite being hilariously inappropriate for the mission, because I can always just respawn.
Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

Edit: Oh, Twinwolf, a recoilless rifle is a rocket launcher.  Not an anti-materiel rifle.  You use Explosives skill to fire it, rather than Heavy Rifle.
What are you talking about? If you can snipe a gunner that is one less gun to worry about at least for a little while.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2017, 10:20:27 am »

Jack's eyes lit up when he heard "bangalore."  That was all he needed to hear.  "Let's blow up some krauts."

In like Flynn

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2017, 10:49:49 am »

((The thing being called a 'rifle' confused me. Piecewise, which stat does the M18 Recoilless Rifle run off of?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2017, 10:58:31 am »

IIRC, the recoiless rifle is more akin to a rocket launcher.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2017, 11:01:36 am »

"I'm really not comfortable with the use of nationality based insults just for the record."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2017, 11:28:23 am »

"Krauts? Ha! It's just a way for us boys to prepare for battle!" Bob didn't quite seem to realize that his statement seemed to imply that he was perfectly willing to kill people so long as there was superficial justification for thinking of them as less than human.
"We're fighting them anyways. If calling them Krauts helps us win the damn war, why not?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2017, 11:46:59 am »

"... Ah, so you agree with those pleasant fellows trying to kick out the Jews? After all, they're just trying to win the war."
Barak, being Jewish, obviously isn't pleased with the implications.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2017, 11:48:10 am »

"The way I see it; they started this fight so we need to finish it.  And if we blow some up on the way, what's the problem?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2017, 01:03:22 pm »

"I'm not some damn Nazi. We're fighting against them. It's our duty to stop what they're doing. We can't let scum like them take over the world with their Aryan purity."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2017, 01:13:29 pm »

"Kraut, Soviet, Frenchman, all the same. We're all going to war because of small men at the top."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2017, 01:18:22 pm »

"I'm not saying not to fight. I'm just saying that making them something less than human in your head isn't right. If you were German it's likely you'd be just like them."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2017, 01:26:52 pm »

"Yeah, sorry. You okay with me callin them Nazi bastards? As a general sort of thing? The country is sorta overrun with them at the moment."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:32:56 pm by Strider03 »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2017, 01:27:03 pm »

"I was German and I am nothing like Nazis. We fight not because they are less than human, but because they are monsters. I know, I saw what they did for myself."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 228