Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447964 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #630 on: August 19, 2017, 09:08:29 pm »

"The childr--Urr!  The children clearly aren't anywhere near us, and the rest of the brigade is towards the North and East.  Setting off a bomb in the South would draw Nazis away from them, giving them a better chance of infiltrating.  As long as we're on this side, the only thing we can do is distract and damage."  Simon sighs.  "Should've discussed this beforehand, it doesn't matter now.  With any luck we can steal a vehicle with a gun and cause a lot of chaos.  Or at least use it to get to the other side without our uniforms being seen."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 19, 2017, 09:11:57 pm »

"[...]Or at least use it to get to the other side without our uniforms being seen."
((Be reminded our uniforms are pretty much all black--so unlike their uniforms which aren't black and aided by the environment, the only way we'll be seen is by silhouette lighting or background lighting. Distractions and otherwise will help a lot here))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 19, 2017, 11:59:30 pm »

"[...]Or at least use it to get to the other side without our uniforms being seen."
((Be reminded our uniforms are pretty much all black--so unlike their uniforms which aren't black and aided by the environment, the only way we'll be seen is by silhouette lighting or background lighting. Distractions and otherwise will help a lot here))
Ed was seen pretty easily by you guys, even though he was laying close against the hangar roof. Black isn't actually the most effective camoflauge, though it does help in unlit circumstances.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #633 on: August 20, 2017, 09:53:53 am »

Try continuing to stealth way in, keep hands at the ready for unarmed combat. I do NOT want to use my flamethrower in these crowded conditions.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
You'll find your desires better served if you give me an objective to move towards

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 20, 2017, 04:02:00 pm »

((Honestly, at this point all I want is to kill an enemy guard, get a weapon that won't burn the place down/is completely useless in a stealth mission. After that, I'll just hang back and try and regroup with the others.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 21, 2017, 01:16:36 am »

((Honestly, at this point all I want is to kill an enemy guard, get a weapon that won't burn the place down/is completely useless in a stealth mission. After that, I'll just hang back and try and regroup with the others.))
((You and others couldve shifted for a shotgun. Otherwise, you can improvise the flamethrower as a distraction with a person who has good traps+ skill. I think I mentioned the utility problem of flamethrowers over shotguns, but if you do want to use it--it can ignite explosives, at range, as I recall the WWII flamethrowers had quite a distance between the user and the flame. Youre not useless :P))

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 21, 2017, 03:01:20 am »

"Roger that..." Whispered Zack to Joan as a answer to her order to establish the perimeter.

Keep position near the door. If the squad is detected, engage the enemy.

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Added my sheet.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:28:20 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 21, 2017, 08:19:04 am »

Please don't set off explosives with a flamethrower.

Anything larger than a fragmentation grenade or German HE stick grenade (Steilhandgrenate or some such) is going to kill you at the ranges an infantry flamethrower can fire. Heck, the frag might STILL kill you at that range, if you're unlucky and catch fragmentation from it.

Anyway, this whole sniper-cover-fire thing is not working so well. Should've gone with a medic. Or a radio. Ah well.

Continue searching for a good position, go in a large circle and try to find a vantage point that allows me to see more Germans, with more clarity.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 21, 2017, 08:45:46 am »

Anyway, this whole sniper-cover-fire thing is not working so well. Should've gone with a medic. Or a radio. Ah well.
((Gotcha covered at my first requisition point there! :P

Also you're doing well. I just hope we've got an exit plan for this given the...compounding stakes. Glad we've got ways to signal or...a lack of it. But knowing Alice, we can always trust her flare to signal literally everyone, and have no worries for that afterwards.

Am currently wondering if I can even radio anyone at this point, though. Airbases have transmitters, so I'm going to do that as my action after this, if I find both the mission objective, and to ensure they're safe and all.))

Joan whispered a thank you to Zack and the rest, and began the mission of being very aware for traps as part of vigilance, and being aware for possible signs of children kept in seclusion and possible torture.

Or at least that's what would be defined as torture if they're bound and gagged--she hoped this would end well, and despite how scattered everyone was, they would find a way to meet back up together. There was little she could hope for other than means to catch one of the five sensory senses, as nobody else had a radio.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 21, 2017, 09:22:51 am »

Set one satchel charge for thirty seconds but do not activate it. When the screaming starts, wait for the guys in sight to go running by, count to ten and if no one else comes in sight, get down the ladder and into the munitions building.

If spotted, activate the charge, throw it as far across the munitions building as possible, preferably into a hard to reach location, and run south into the woods, fast as I can.

If not spotted, take stock of my situation. Are there enemies inside? Hide. No enemies? Close the door and lock it if I can.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 21, 2017, 10:27:21 am »

Please don't set off explosives with a flamethrower.

Anything larger than a fragmentation grenade or German HE stick grenade (Steilhandgrenate or some such) is going to kill you at the ranges an infantry flamethrower can fire. Heck, the frag might STILL kill you at that range, if you're unlucky and catch fragmentation from it.

Could probably set it off from around a corner, just stick the flamethrower out and spray, while keeping most of your body behind the wall?
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 21, 2017, 02:50:00 pm »

((M2 flamethrower range is about 20-40 meters))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 21, 2017, 07:18:43 pm »

((You very much want to keep a firm grip on the nozzle end of a flamethrower))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 23, 2017, 07:28:06 pm »

((So is there still room to join?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #644 on: August 23, 2017, 09:16:26 pm »

"Eep?"

Dive directly to the east into the dark building, and hide.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 228