Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 446910 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Hellfire Club
« Reply #825 on: September 21, 2017, 11:05:29 pm »

Did you miss the part where everyone is injured? I say we got the kids, we got some info and wreaked the base time to get out. Who has the radio to call home?

Rest in the back of the truck vote for heading home

Name:Yarrick
Description:A tall man was transferred to the 888th after managing to bring down a tank with a lucky shot from above
Physical:0
Mental:-1
Life: -2
Stats:[/b][/size]
Speed: +2
Dexterity: +3
Senses: +1

Skills:
Melee: +1
Pistol: +1
Explosive: +3
Demolitions: +2
Mechanic: +1
Camouflage: +2

Inventory:Pistol M1918 (Risk 2) (ammo 7/7)
Knife (Risk 2)
First Aid Pouch (Allows First Aid)(used)
Entrenching Tool (A folding shovel)
Ration (Restores up to -2 on physical dice)(Used)
 M18 Recoilless Rifle (Risk 6, single shot, slow reload) (Loaded with HE rounds)
3 HEAT rounds
3 HE rounds
3 WP rounds
2xSatchel Charge (Risk 7)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 22, 2017, 12:33:57 am »

Ah, huh. Guess this is the part where I wait patiently for the rest of the team to do the mission. I'm helping! :P
Let's line up the plane so it'll be easy to load the shells from the truck into the cargo bay. Or maybe we could just drive the whole truck into the plane? That would be helpful...
Can I use my first-aid a second time? If so, I'd like to patch myself up farther.
Call HQ and tell them the situation, as I see no indication that I actually accomplished this last turn.
Otherwise sit around and look at my magazine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 01:53:51 pm by Egan_BW »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 22, 2017, 06:20:00 am »

Sit around. Be helpful. Try to remember what the mission was.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 22, 2017, 06:33:52 am »

Did you miss the part where everyone is injured? I say we got the kids, we got some info and wreaked the base time to get out. Who has the radio to call home?
((Winston has it. Given the time of everyone doing stuff--I would like OUR CORPSES to be rigged with explosives please :I
Perhaps even raid the barracks for a map since y'all will be following the darn road. At least Winston got a radio from my DEAD BURNED CORPSE THANKS TO THE EXPLOSIVES so y'all can communicate with Alice. DO NOTE that people killed those weird rifle wielders to scavenge them too with a kill team backing people up. Y'all have bloody time.

That and our only medic isn't with the truck people? O_o))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 22, 2017, 07:23:59 am »

Wait for Smith, then drive east along the north side of the supply building, util clear of the base, north along the rec room, toilet, and shower, and then west to the building adjacent to the barracks. Drop off any wounded that want to stay out of the upcoming fight, up by the northeast corner where the toilet or shower are - but out away from the base, near the trees so they can get into cover.

Acquire glory for explosions and rescues mission oriented actions, even the ones with tragic consequences

Edit: Oh yeah. Nominating Simon Smith for Glory for stealing this truck, if he hasn't already been awarded such.

"Hahaaa, stealing this truck was such a good idea.  I was figuring I'd just ditch it, didn't think everything would go so well.  Great job by the way, Yarrick!  I'm pretty happy you delayed the charge, now."
"Yeah, this truck is our ticket to this mission, baby." Ed pats the dashboard fondly. "Wait, Yarrick, you set a bomb too? Maybe I should have waited a little bit before setting mine.

"So, we gonna go for more?  See if we can't weasel out their commanders, grab a couple?  Or are we just gonna cut and run?  I think we've got momentum, keep going while we're golden!"
If enough of you are combat ready, now is as good a time as we're gonna get to grab someone or something. Frankly, I think these shells are more information than any document, and unless the Nazis feel cooperative with our interrogators, I think they'll yield less info than these things too. And maybe that weird plane Alice found. I'm good either way.

On second thought, I seem to recall the boss saying that we need papers or prisoners. Papaers or prisoners, papers or prisoners. Dammit, I wanna go home! But we gotta go in, guys. I'll drop off the wounded in the trees though. Okay?

"How many did we lose? We started out with ... like fifteen? How many of us are left? The eight of us, and Alice? Think anyone else is still in there?"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:09:07 am by Ozarck »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #830 on: September 22, 2017, 08:47:59 am »

"Hey, is there a command building?  We're supposed to get intel right?"

Hopefully encourage the truck to drive toward a command building.  Look for one at any rate.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 23, 2017, 10:11:26 am »

action edited. Please check your own actions and edit as necessary.

basically, I'm waiting for Smith to run to the truck, driving off the base and up to the northeast corner, dropping of the severely wounded or anyone who wants to opt out of the next fight, then driving west to attempt a snatch and grab.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #832 on: September 23, 2017, 10:43:56 am »

Inform Alice of the situation, including Joan's untimely demise. Ask if there's someone with actual medical skill that can help with first aid. If there's not try myself.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:46:44 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #833 on: September 28, 2017, 07:48:04 pm »

Run to the truck, hopefully the others know what is going on.

You run and jump into the back of the truck with the rest of the troops.

Simon collapses towards the front of the truck's bed, leaning against a shell, with a wide grin on his face.  "Hahaaa, stealing this truck was such a good idea.  I was figuring I'd just ditch it, didn't think everything would go so well.  Great job by the way, Yarrick!  I'm pretty happy you delayed the charge, now." Simon offers a high-five to the badly burned tank hunter.

"So, we gonna go for more?  See if we can't weasel out their commanders, grab a couple?  Or are we just gonna cut and run?  I think we've got momentum, keep going while we're golden!"

Reload my rifle and enjoy the ride!  Also, try and heal Yarrick with my first aid pouch.

[1] You pull out your first aid kit and promptly dose Yarrick with enough morphine to knock him out. He slumps in the seat, boneless, and oozes down onto the floor. You look at it for a moment and then bark out a single laugh.

Rest in the back of the truck vote for heading home

Name:Yarrick
Description:A tall man was transferred to the 888th after managing to bring down a tank with a lucky shot from above
You close your eyes and lean back in your seat.

Ah, huh. Guess this is the part where I wait patiently for the rest of the team to do the mission. I'm helping! :P
Let's line up the plane so it'll be easy to load the shells from the truck into the cargo bay. Or maybe we could just drive the whole truck into the plane? That would be helpful...
Can I use my first-aid a second time? If so, I'd like to patch myself up farther.
Call HQ and tell them the situation, as I see no indication that I actually accomplished this last turn.
Otherwise sit around and look at my magazine.

You tell HQ about the situation. You did last turn, it was just lost.

You also manuver the plane into position to both take off quickly and allow quick loading.

Sit around. Be helpful. Try to remember what the mission was.

Quote from: The mission
Once in you have three major goals.

1. Obtain any and all info you can relating to this kidnapping operation. Steal papers, abduct officers, whatever it takes.
2. Rescue any kidnapped children. We do not know if there will be any present, but we cannot rule that possiblity out.
3. We will be supplying you with 10 satchel charges, all with time fuses. Place them strategically, in areas where they will do the most damage. Armories, munitions dumps, hangers, etc. Rig them to blow soon after you leave; don't give the soldiers time to discover them.

Once you've completed your goals, get out. There's a hanger with planes, there's a road out if you can find vehicles, and if all else fails you can scurry out back into the hills and we'll get you later. Oh, but if I were you, I'd try to actually keep a radio this time. Would make picking you up a lot easier.

"Hey, is there a command building?  We're supposed to get intel right?"

Hopefully encourage the truck to drive toward a command building.  Look for one at any rate.

You look around for a command building but can't see any thing that looks like one. However if you had to guess you'd say to the north west was the best guess of where one would be.

Inform Alice of the situation, including Joan's untimely demise. Ask if there's someone with actual medical skill that can help with first aid. If there's not try myself.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
You let Alice know whats going on. You look around for good someone with good first aid skills but no one volunteers. You try it on yourself [4] You manage to fix yourself up a bit. [+1 life]

Wait for Smith, then drive east along the north side of the supply building, util clear of the base, north along the rec room, toilet, and shower, and then west to the building adjacent to the barracks. Drop off any wounded that want to stay out of the upcoming fight, up by the northeast corner where the toilet or shower are - but out away from the base, near the trees so they can get into cover.

Acquire glory for explosions and rescues mission oriented actions, even the ones with tragic consequences

Edit: Oh yeah. Nominating Simon Smith for Glory for stealing this truck, if he hasn't already been awarded such.

"Hahaaa, stealing this truck was such a good idea.  I was figuring I'd just ditch it, didn't think everything would go so well.  Great job by the way, Yarrick!  I'm pretty happy you delayed the charge, now."
"Yeah, this truck is our ticket to this mission, baby." Ed pats the dashboard fondly. "Wait, Yarrick, you set a bomb too? Maybe I should have waited a little bit before setting mine.

If enough of you are combat ready, now is as good a time as we're gonna get to grab someone or something. Frankly, I think these shells are more information than any document, and unless the Nazis feel cooperative with our interrogators, I think they'll yield less info than these things too. And maybe that weird plane Alice found. I'm good either way.

On second thought, I seem to recall the boss saying that we need papers or prisoners. Papaers or prisoners, papers or prisoners. Dammit, I wanna go home! But we gotta go in, guys. I'll drop off the wounded in the trees though. Okay?

"How many did we lose? We started out with ... like fifteen? How many of us are left? The eight of us, and Alice? Think anyone else is still in there?"

Well, I'm gonna do it like this: 40 to you and 30 to the one who tried to stop you. Since you started this and he brought it to his conclusion. Simon will get some GLORY depending on how the truck is used. I'll have to see how its used till the missions completion to tell you though.

You drive up north and tell everyone that doesn't want to come along for a fight to hop off.  You wait a minute for anyone to get off.

IF YOU WANT OFF THIS CRAZY RIDE, NOW IS THE TIME TO SAY SO!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 28, 2017, 07:55:30 pm »

Welp. Magazine time!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #835 on: September 28, 2017, 08:13:57 pm »

Stay in truck, but also in any cover it provides.  Covering fire?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 28, 2017, 10:43:58 pm »

We still have to do our main objective, hell no I'm not getting out. Heal whoever is most injured.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 29, 2017, 01:20:14 am »

Rest up as best as possible, stay with the mission.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 29, 2017, 07:18:41 am »

Loot Yarrick's satchel charges. Drive between the oddly shaped building and the four aa guns north of it. Run over anyone getting in the way. Do NOT run into any buildings. If an enemy approaches my door, kick it open into their face for the stun! Ready my MG 15 for shooting.

Edit: Ask HQ about a rendezvous point for the truck and for anyone on foot, preferablly before we engage in battle again.

Edward glances at Simon, then clutches the wheel as the last of the leave-behinds gets off the truck.

"Well, this is it. Nice knowing you."

« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 10:18:03 am by Ozarck »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 29, 2017, 08:30:28 am »

If I wake up stay on the truck as a get away driver

"You lot are insane if you all die I'm taking the kids back and leaving you lot behind"

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 228