Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447828 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #915 on: October 19, 2017, 05:27:38 pm »

Ok, We wanna assume you all wait till the explosions stop and then Alice lands the plane and everyone heads back into the base to check things out?
there ya go.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #916 on: October 19, 2017, 10:37:47 pm »

Alright lets make these assumptions.

1. You all wait until the bangs stop.
2. Alice is lured down by promises of not being blown up and lands.
3. Everyone returns to the map. It looks like this now.
https://i.imgur.com/jLLwWYh.png

The building is still partially but now also partially on fire. Go to it or don't.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 19, 2017, 10:40:40 pm »

Damn it Jim, I'm a medic not a looter. Get to the plane.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 19, 2017, 10:52:38 pm »

That link points to the wrong place, PW.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 19, 2017, 10:55:49 pm »

bbcode hiccup. This is what you want.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 19, 2017, 10:59:10 pm »

"Lotta things on fire, huh? If we're doing this, do it fast, okay? Now then..."

Alice unbuckles herself from the pilot's seat and steps into the back...

Grab back my magazine from Simon!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 20, 2017, 06:13:27 am »

"A lot of fun stuff in there, really shows off German ingenuity at it's best!  Seeya later, macerator."

First things first, Simon returns the mag to Alice.  With a creepy wink, of course.  Also, leave the Nazi documents with her too.

Then, head outside, and start looting the Nazi corpses for weapons.  Especially if there's any of those weird angular Nazi guns laying around outside of a fire.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Hellfire Club
« Reply #922 on: October 20, 2017, 07:00:38 am »

TL;DR: examine all options for entering the officer area safely. Gather as much info as I can on the trap and alternative entrance methods.

Too long version:
take a walk around the command building, inspecting it completely from outside. Hey, which side of the building were the main doors on? All I can find is that we drove all the way around the building once before going in, and that the trapped door was to the left of the main doors.

If officer country was in the south part of the building, attempt to enter via the destroyed wall instead of the booby trapped door. Otherwise, see if I can't get a mirror under the door frame to look at the trap mechanism.

Would it be possible to rig a small explosive to break down another part of the wall and enter through that instead of trying to disarm the trap?

Are there entrances on the roof? Simon Smith might know more about this part.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #923 on: October 20, 2017, 01:58:30 pm »

Damn it Jim, I'm a medic not a looter. Get to the plane.

You turn on your heel and head to the plane. You've had about enough of this place.

"Lotta things on fire, huh? If we're doing this, do it fast, okay? Now then..."

Alice unbuckles herself from the pilot's seat and steps into the back...

Grab back my magazine from Simon!

Simon hands you the magazine and you take it back with a self important huff before returning to the cockpit.

"A lot of fun stuff in there, really shows off German ingenuity at it's best!  Seeya later, macerator."

First things first, Simon returns the mag to Alice.  With a creepy wink, of course.  Also, leave the Nazi documents with her too.

Then, head outside, and start looting the Nazi corpses for weapons.  Especially if there's any of those weird angular Nazi guns laying around outside of a fire.

You leave the nazi documents in the plane before heading out.  You walk around, looking for good things to loot. Most of what you find are standard German rifles, and the majority of them are damaged either by heat or debris. A rifle is little good if all the rounds have cooked off in the magazine and the barrel is heat warped. You walk between what was once two large buildings and find two bodies. The bodies are those of the apron wearing soldiers and at their side are their strange square rifles. The rifles are seemingly unharmed by the flame or the explosions and when you reach down to touch them, you find them to be both slightly cool and to carry a small tingle that makes the hairs on your arm stand on end.

TL;DR: examine all options for entering the officer area safely. Gather as much info as I can on the trap and alternative entrance methods.

Too long version:
take a walk around the command building, inspecting it completely from outside. Hey, which side of the building were the main doors on? All I can find is that we drove all the way around the building once before going in, and that the trapped door was to the left of the main doors.

If officer country was in the south part of the building, attempt to enter via the destroyed wall instead of the booby trapped door. Otherwise, see if I can't get a mirror under the door frame to look at the trap mechanism.

Would it be possible to rig a small explosive to break down another part of the wall and enter through that instead of trying to disarm the trap?

Are there entrances on the roof? Simon Smith might know more about this part.

The double doors that used to be the only way into the building are on the west side, roughly in the middle. Of course now half the building is on fire and blown away so there's plenty of room to get in . The officer section was in the north side and is still intact, mostly. There 's a few chunks of wall blown out from the left side of the building, though none through the door into the officer's rooms. You head in and use a piece of mirror you fetched from the remnants of one of the nearby buildings to check under the door. Its not easy, since doing it like that requires pressing your face against the ground and angling the mirror around with relatively little in the way of leverage, but you manage. You can see that the mechanism is actually extremely simple. A metal line runs from a point on the doorknob over to a charge of some kind. When the knob is turned all the way, it will literally pull the pin on some sort of fuse and trigger the charge.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 21, 2017, 08:30:15 am »

Oh, those are definitely getting looted.  Not gonna inspect them or anything just yet, instead Simon will store them in the plane, but grabbing and securing them is a priority.

If Simon still has time after that, he's going to head over to the building Ed's inspecting, and quickly run a circuit around it to check for alternate entrances.  If none are found, he'll climb up to the roof to check there.  If both of these fail (or are just too dangerous to try, due to fire), only then will he return to Ed and wait for the main entrance to be cleared.  While standing a safe distance away, of course.

[/list]

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
      • View Profile
    « Reply #925 on: October 21, 2017, 09:19:37 am »

Get to the plane

« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 02:28:35 am by PaPaj »
    "Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
    • DiceBane
      • View Profile
    « Reply #926 on: October 21, 2017, 11:40:59 am »

Use Edward's extensive trap skill to disarm the trap. see spoiler for Oz's speculation on how that might be accomplished.
    Spoiler: Uh, try not to explode (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
    • Appliance
      • View Profile
    « Reply #927 on: October 21, 2017, 05:28:37 pm »

Should probably assist Edward in his endeavors.  Follow his plans... unless there's a way to go through the wall itself besides ordinary massed explosives.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
    HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
    God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
    • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
      • View Profile
      • Stuff
    « Reply #928 on: October 22, 2017, 09:17:14 am »

Get to the plane

GET TO THE CHOPPA

Use Edward's extensive trap skill to disarm the trap. see spoiler for Oz's speculation on how that might be accomplished.
    Spoiler: Uh, try not to explode (click to show/hide)

Should probably assist Edward in his endeavors.  Follow his plans... unless there's a way to go through the wall itself besides ordinary massed explosives.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
    I like option 8) not quite as good as option  :P, but pretty good.
    [6]
    You pull out a hacksaw from your mechanic's tools and proceed to cut a square of wood out around the door knob. One that's done you hold the knob and then push the door inward; the door swings freely in and the knob remains in place. You step inside and disarm the trap by pulling the charge off the wall, walking calmly outside and mushing the charge and the knob together before hurling it into a fire. You walk about 5 paces away before the charge goes off and fires the doorknob straight into the back of your knee at 115 miles an hour. [-1 life] You pick yourself up a minute later, swearing, and head back to the officer's quarters.  It appears to the be office of the head of the base: there's a desk, a file cabinet, stacks of paper and folders on the desk and...a corpse. The head officer, judging by his uniform. A Luger is still tangled in the fingers of his right hand and his head is laying face down on the desk.

Oh, those are definitely getting looted.  Not gonna inspect them or anything just yet, instead Simon will store them in the plane, but grabbing and securing them is a priority.

If Simon still has time after that, he's going to head over to the building Ed's inspecting, and quickly run a circuit around it to check for alternate entrances.  If none are found, he'll climb up to the roof to check there.  If both of these fail (or are just too dangerous to try, due to fire), only then will he return to Ed and wait for the main entrance to be cleared.  While standing a safe distance away, of course.

[/list]
      You loot both of the strange rifles and carry them back to the plane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
      • DiceBane
        • View Profile
      « Reply #929 on: October 22, 2017, 09:26:56 am »

That went exactly as expected. Exactly.

Loot the Luger (it killed a Nazi boss, after all.), loot the papers on his desk, and then carry the file cabinet (with help, preferably) to the plane as well. Do a cursory examination of the room for additional hidden bits, like a safe or something. If nothing presents itself, I'm ready to leave.

Do I just remove the +1 to life from the helmet bonus? is my helmet gone now? I don't know how that works.

I wonder how much glory Edward is gonna walk away from this mission with. I wonder ... mision aint over until an officer is yelling at us back at HQ, so there's still time for ... accidents.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:00:31 am by Ozarck »
      Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 228