Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 442562 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2017, 02:13:09 pm »

What year is it? I didn't see anything in the OP, though, of course, I might have missed it...
The date of our first mission will be 6 June 1944.

Spoiler~

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2017, 02:52:02 pm »

What year is it? I didn't see anything in the OP, though, of course, I might have missed it...
The date of our first mission will be 6 June 1944.

Spoiler~
Not like that date is familiar or anything...
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2017, 03:39:04 pm »

Piecewise, which skill do I use to whack a fool with a shovel? What about a frying pan or something?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2017, 03:55:11 pm »

Piecewise, which skill do I use to whack a fool with a shovel? What about a frying pan or something?
Exotic melee, says so in the description. Although pan could be hand to hand too.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2017, 03:57:24 pm »

Exo melee specifically specifies sharpened shovels, which sounds more like an intentional melee weapon than our general-use entrenching tools. Hence the question.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2017, 04:14:00 pm »

I would hope your entrenching tool is sharpened. Although given what I hear it would seem like they wouldn't be to out if place.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2017, 06:42:12 pm »

Hand to hand covers improvised weapons like that. However, if you were to sharpen the shovel to make it into a weird melee weapon, that would be exotic melee.

Alright, so let's get this first mission explained and then get ourselves some volunteers for the first wave!

Alright boys, by now I'm sure most of you have heard the scuttlebutt. After months of preparation, the United States and her allies are prepared to launch a combined invasion of the Atlantic wall and Nazi-occupied Europe beyond it. The 888th has been assigned to follow the Big Red One, assaulting a section of Utah beach in Normandy. We're clearing the way for armor, troop transports and all manner of military might. We're making our first foothold here and then continuing forward, planting our boots firmly into whatever soil or ass we need to. We've been assigned this section of beach here.

The RAF boys took these shots for us.  As you can see, Hitler's lined his beaches with Czech Hedgehogs and barbed wire to prevent armor or larger ships from landing. He's also got bunkers build up on the hills overlooking the beach and trenches dug out behind them. In the very back there is the local command bunker. We're going in with two other groups and your job is very simple: Clear that beach.  Its gonna go like this.

First, we land here and push forward, up the beach until we get behind these bunkers and out of their line of fire.

Then we split up and knock them out.

Then we continue forward, clearing these trenches.

Then converge on the bunker.

And take it out.

Couldn't be easier eh? Machine guns and mortar fire? Barbed wire and Krauts with rifles and a homicidal desire to prove the superiority of the german people?  Its really too bad Hilter couldn't muster a proper challenge for us huh? Well, just for fun I'm gonna give you boys some bangalore mines; they're basically a grenade on the end of a pipe the you can push out into places you don't wanna stick your hands and blow up barbed wire and the like.  I suggest Demos take them, don't want anyone blowing themselves up.  Oh, and I should let you know; see that ramp the red line leads to from the water up to the hills and the bunkers and such? That little area there is the only easy, walkable path from the sand to the grass, the rest is steep dirt slopes. You can climb them if you want but its gonna be hard. You're gonna be with two other infantry groups landing on either side of you. Work with'em as best you can.

Any questions?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2017, 07:58:30 pm »

You want questions?, well here's some questions

Two questions, First is it a plausible to use/call my air strike a through flare on turn 1 or the turn of embark? Even though it's a... well let say a "eccentric" move. Second could a revolver be replaced with a M190 for only thematic purposes since I have the classified "commander" rank, or at least the equipment they use. A cooler side-arm just seems more special.

Okay this is a stupid but confirmation type of question, would the STG44/ MP44 be considered a "Submachine Gun", even though it's classified as an assault rifle. I mean this question would probably only be relevant if we scavenge loot off a dead German soldier after Normandy, so it's truly a pointless question.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2017, 08:22:12 pm »

You want questions?, well here's some questions

Two questions, First is it a plausible to use/call my air strike a through flare on turn 1 or the turn of embark? Even though it's a... well let say a "eccentric" move. Second could a revolver be replaced with a M190 for only thematic purposes since I have the classified "commander" rank, or at least the equipment they use. A cooler side-arm just seems more special.

Okay this is a stupid but confirmation type of question, would the STG44/ MP44 be considered a "Submachine Gun", even though it's classified as an assault rifle. I mean this question would probably only be relevant if we scavenge loot off a dead German soldier after Normandy, so it's truly a pointless question.
Nope. Its not an air strike, its an artillery strike. And we don't have any artillery set up in the ocean, do we?

Hmm...I'd say it would be a rifle since it uses rifle rounds rather than pistol ammo, which is sometimes cited as a defining difference between SMGs and rifles.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2017, 08:25:54 pm »

I volunteer! I'm a trench clearer aren't I?

And There is historical precedent for something close enough to a sea based artillery strike...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:53:46 pm by kj1225 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2017, 08:30:17 pm »

Y-you'll probably want a radio operator for that assault? Can it please please be someone other than me?

Also I'd like to weaponize my shovel.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:57:02 pm by Egan_BW »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2017, 08:30:39 pm »

"No questions for me, sir! An opportunity to kill some Nazi bastards? Count me in!" Bob gave a sharp salute, his face unperturbed, in contrast to his gleeful tone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Volunteer.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:37:29 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2017, 08:32:20 pm »

Nope. Its not an air strike, its an artillery strike. And we don't have any artillery set up in the ocean, do we?
Well, there's Naval Artillery.  Maybe call in some gunfire from offshore ships or landing craft?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:44:33 pm by Devastator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2017, 08:33:26 pm »

Well, it's an anti-material rifle and concrete is a material!

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:30:37 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2017, 08:38:33 pm »

((Not an anti-materiel rifle. An anti-tank recoilless rifle. Which doesn't mean that it can't tear up all the materiel and then some. :P))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 228