Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447704 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #750 on: September 08, 2017, 10:36:50 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 08, 2017, 10:48:32 am »

((If I ignore your message every time you say it in a way I don't like, you'll eventually learn to communicate in a way I do like, is you care at all about your message.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 08, 2017, 10:53:43 am »

((Hey, look! Someone else who doesn't understand people! Welcome brother, well met. I may not be very good with people, but I do know that doesn't work :P))
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 08, 2017, 10:59:35 am »

((Nobody is unfixable any more than they are unbreakable. The least I can do is provide incentive to change.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #754 on: September 08, 2017, 01:45:11 pm »

"Great. No sooner do we find someone else, but the shit hits the fan. If you two want to poke your heads out I'll cover you and make sure you get any medical care you need." Turns to Ed "Do you have any injuries? If so I'll patch you up now."

Be ready to support my team mates however I can, but there is no way I'm going outside alone.

Joe! Smith! Oh thank God. What? No, I'm uninjured. I ..uh, I had a fight. I killed him. Made a hell of a noise and knocked over that shelf.
Ed gives a mad little giggle.
I guess I'm lucky I didn't set anything off. Hell, I got this
he holds up his satchel charge
Set with a rather short timer. I ... I don't think I would have gotten far enough away in time.
Ed looks toward the noise up north.
I guess the shit's hit the fan now. I was gonna rig up the fuel station to blow, but I think this place is much better. come on! I'm gonna set it for five ... no, ten minutes, then run south into the woods. ... I never did get any intel, though.

While talking with his teammates, Ed sets the timer on his first satchel charge to ten minutes, but again, does not arm it yet.

If his teammates agree to his plan, he'll arm it, drop it under the shelf, and haul ass - through the door, down the west side of the armory building, and straight into the woods. If he hits the river, he'll follow that south until the exploding happens, then he'll head east into the hills. If he sees the truck and recognizes his teammates, he'll flag them down and hitch a ride - otherwise ... bat outta hell, man. Bat outta hell.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

((Those smocked fellas are prime targets. grab one! or all of them.))
Ed arms his bomb and then tosses it under shelf before running over to the door and peeking outside. Luckily for him all attention seems to be directed towards the north and the noisy conflict going on over there. He signals all clear and sprints round the corner and heads south away from the base.  They get maybe 50 feet from the building when they basically run straight into three soldiers who are talking quietly among themselves. Joe and Smith recognize these three as the ones they'd side stepped earlier, apparently returning to base after sweeping the area.  They don't have their lights on and the two groups only notice each other when they're within 15 feet of each other.

In the distance, way out south, the group notices the brakelights of a truck flick on for a moment before vanishing.

((Three ones in a row. Three. My stats and skills don't even matter if I keep rolling automatic failures.))

"It occurs to me that I'm going about this wrong."

Stab the guy. With my knife. Then GTFO to the FUCKING HANGER DAMMIT.

((Blame the cruel machinations of fate. Or rather the law of averages. There were several other points where this could have gone tits up but didn't. And you can still stop this from going completely out of control if you act fast and decisive.))

[1] You draw your knife and try to stab the man in the face with it. You bring the blade down, icepick style, and the man jerks his head out of the way. Your blade hits the metal of his chair and your hand slips off the handle and slides down the length of the blade [-1 life]. The struggling german boots you off him [-1 physical] and then fires after you as you fall. He misses the shot as you roll to the ground and land on your back, but his last shot hits solid in the center of your chest. [-3 life][-1 physical][-1 mental]

You cough blood and, seeing how poorly things are going, scramble shakily to your feet and run as best you can to the side door of the hanger. You open it, move through into the darkened room beyond and close it. You look around. This part of the hanger seems to be filled with supplies; stacks of boxes and shelves with shells and plane parts. You grab a large wrench off a shelf right next to you and wedge it between the door handle and the wall, barring the door.

Simon perks up when he hears the distant sound of gunfire, barely audible over the engine.  He taps his chin with one hand while scowling.  "Well, sounds like our team finally figured out a distraction for themselves.  Good cover for the two we saw on this side, long as they don't start popping too.  Ah, who am I kidding, that's just a matter of time.  Let's hurry."

Drive the long way.  Once we're directly South of the building we saw Joe and Smith near earlier (the one they're in right now), park, dismount, and start sneaking North.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
You drive the truck a good way south and then a bit to the east so that you're directly in line with the building you saw Joe and Smith go into. You get out and start heading north. You don't get far when you notice what looks like 3 of your teammates run into 3 nazi soldiers up maybe 100 feet ahead of you.

Bob (Robert M.), after looking around his current location for anyone who might spot him, rushes over to the AA turrets to help take down the two gunners. Pick whichever one seems to need more work, and join Joe or Alice in taking that one down. If both have been taken out, get into the AA battery, and try to figure out how it works, and whether it can be aimed at low angles (to maybe shoot things on the ground.)
((I'm not sure which Bob was the one who saw the five officer's come out, but I'm guessing it was the other one, just based on their position? In fact, I don't think there was anything at all this turn for my Bob. . .))

[5] You run over to the two AA guns and get behind the man who just shot Alice. You put him in a choke hold and drag him from the gun. You hold him just long enough to knock him out before leaping up into the AA gun. [4] You're not entirely sure how to use this thing but after a few seconds you manage to figure out how to rotate the barrel down to the point where it was at a flat angle, sweeping the ground. You rotate it round to face the corner of the building, anticipating enemies rounding it any moment.

((Guys ._. Why. The fuel explosion would've been the cover breaker but now the problem is to GUARD THE EXITS from stuff. I mean that may be a good thing because we should take officers for interrogation but...))

"Conundrum then, thanks Command.

"New orders everyone. We've to find the local officers posts and grab them alongside. When we get a vehicle, then we can load these shells in them. Move out! Weapons free!

"We will be back for you all."
Joan said, putting back the shell cap and ensuring the shells were more secure for retrieval later on.

The sound of gunfire blew everything down, especially at night where everyone around could hear it coming. She could only wish any AntiAircraft fire would help.

Set orders to quietly down the nearest gunners/AA crew; personally go and use those guns against any approaching Nazis.
> Joan would try to secure one of the AA guns and defend the southern passage (If I can't use those AA guns for whatever reason, do provide covering fire instead.)

> Zack (Krokowicz) -- provide fire support, and get ordered to move with the rest of the people along the northern route.

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Robert tells you how to work the gun as you run up to the vacant AA gun next to his. You rotate it to face northwest while Robert covers the south east. You have the distinct feeling that this is gonna get loud and violent very fast.

Zack and Winston follow you and take cover behind your gun, waiting for the fighting to start. They don't really want to go too far north when your shooting might hit them.

Stab the unconcious nazi to death and get my shotgun ready for whats comming

Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
You stab the unconcious man in the throat before walking over to the man Robert just dragged from the AA gun and finish him off as well. That done, you pull out your shotgun and take cover next to Robert's AA gun, ready to fight.

((TOASTER :D Missed seeing you around there \o/ Yes you're too far away to stab, but you've been set up very well to have explicit aim at the two AA-single crewmen. Meaning both AA crewmen :P Hopefully did your character good here.))

((o7

I blame Alice for everything that went south here.  Or PW's cursed monkeyfingerbonedice.))

If Alice doesn't clearly have the situation in hand, shoot again.  Try not to miss.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
Gonna assume you head out over to the AA guns with the others since you probably realize how poorly things are going and how it is a good idea to be next to the big guns rather than in their line of fire.

The men moving up from the south see several people run from the supply depot across and out of sight behind the hanger. They start to slow down, pressing against the hanger and motioning for others to join them. Several men abandon their own AA guns and one, the furthest south, runs not towards the team but away, towards something in the west.

Meanwhile, the smocked men hear the shots the AA gunner fired at Alice and produce, seemingly out of nowhere, solid black rifles. They're not like anything that Bob has seen before, they're angular where as most rifles are fairly rounded, with a long rectangular barrel and some sort of angled handguard and trigger very near the end. They don't look particularly comfortable to hold or use.  The Smocked men stay together but move southwest, trying to circle in towards the sounds in an indirect path. He loses sight of them in the smoke.

Timer: 37
Timer: 7

HONOR: 20 Joe,  10 to Robert M

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #755 on: September 08, 2017, 01:48:00 pm »

OOC thread is here

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=167393.0

Go have your OOC arguments there.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 08, 2017, 01:50:11 pm »

I AM NOT OUTSIDE with that asshole. Still being in the building, Smith grabs the charge, and heads outside with it. Headed in the same direction Ed went.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 08, 2017, 03:33:01 pm »

((Oh, you took my advice, and in the worst way possible.  Kudos.

Funny how your action said "support my team mates however I can".  "there is no way I'm going outside alone." too, but nah, retcons are cool.))

Well, those nazis are quite outside knifing range aren't they?  Not that I have a knife.  Quickly take a knee and start popping heads with the Springfield.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 08, 2017, 03:34:01 pm »

((I did not say "follow my team mates". So no retcon.

GM: Never automove my character unless I say "I'm following <specific individual>" please.))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:37:33 pm by milo christiansen »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #759 on: September 08, 2017, 04:39:28 pm »

Hop on the guns if they're not otherwise manned.  Otherwise, if there's any 30 second fortifications to be done here, do that.  Failing that, overwatch.  Stealth's clearly out the window.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 08, 2017, 05:15:15 pm »

Fuck it, just start burning any nearby Nazis.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #761 on: September 08, 2017, 07:16:02 pm »

((I did not say "follow my team mates". So no retcon.

GM: Never automove my character unless I say "I'm following <specific individual>" please.))
I didn't. You said support teammates and don't go outside alone. You supported Ed in his plan and went out with him.  I realize there was a lot of OOC talking between you two but I go by actions alone and if the actions are somewhat vague, I just make my best guess at what they mean.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 08, 2017, 08:01:37 pm »

Bob keeps his turret level, listening for sounds of approaching enemies, and looking around for enemies.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 08, 2017, 08:04:22 pm »

((I did NOT support Ed, including several IC statements to that effect. "Support" does not mean "follow blindly". In any case, my action is posted, let this be the end of this.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #764 on: September 08, 2017, 08:17:57 pm »

Argh. Chuck controller. Then pick it back up and head to the part where they presumably keep the planes.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 228