Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447078 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2340 on: July 02, 2018, 04:50:38 pm »

((Play, yeah, I DEFINITELY want to join this. I'll get to work on a sheet.))

((What's the risk on a sharpened shovel? And where would I get one?))
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 04:56:03 pm by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2341 on: July 02, 2018, 05:25:15 pm »

"Yeah, she's saying the truth. We aren't really Americans. My family is from Poland, for example."
Ask if they are actually from France or just have the accent.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 07:19:32 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: July 02, 2018, 05:44:31 pm »

Interpret the fuck out of those crates.

Then ask about any secret tunnels that the resistance dudes know of or suspect.

Finally, regroup with Tala.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 07:26:14 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: July 02, 2018, 09:44:43 pm »

"Indeed there are, Alice!  We're gonna charge ahead and find them before they find us!  And look, we just found a driver, get in here Eddy ol' boy!  Hopefully we can find someone who knows how to use the main gun, much as I'd love to use it, I'm the commander!  My job is to stab boarders and infantry with a knife!"

Awesome.  ALL the things get jammed into Simon's inventory!  Except the book, I guess, Alice can have that to read.

Let Ed in, and radio out to ask for an NPC loader, because what player would want to be the loader?  Failing that, let Mr chews-on-periscopes in, he can be loader in exchange for a couple shells.  His player's inactive for the next week anyway.  Also, let in anyone who has +2 or +3 explosives skill and wants to man the main gun (I.E. Lupanian, or LordPorkins if he goes explosives.), Simon will man it otherwise.  Then, onward to battle, to the east or northeast!  Or wherever Ed things there's battle, anyway, he's the driver.

Edit: Also, loot 38 7.92mm bullets from the tank's machine guns, and load the rounds into the MG15 Simon's been carrying since D-Day.  Might as well, this thing should have thousands of spare bullets.

Edit2: ...And Simon should also really use one of his FAKs to heal that -2 life, before he bleeds all over his crew.  Do that.

((@Lupanian and LordPorkins
Lup, if you want to be the tank's gunner, you're the most suited to it of anyone around.  Though you'd only be choosing shots, not driving the tank.  Unfortunate that we split roles.

Porkins, if you start with +3 explosives and +2 Machine Gun, you'd be an AMAZING tank gunner.  If you start as a tank hunter, you'd get to start with a recoilless anti-tank rifle which works with the explosives stat, and if you also take +2 Machine Gun skill, I'll give you the machine gun that my character's been lugging around.  It doesn't have a lot od ammo, but it'd be enough, and you'd also get a tank cannon out of the deal~

Also, a sharpened shovel is probably risk 2, and you get one by sharpening an entrenching tool.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2344 on: July 02, 2018, 10:48:46 pm »

"Aw, why do we need a driver? This thing is easy, I think I could drive it in my sleep now."

Kay. Guess I get the radio op seat then.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: July 03, 2018, 12:06:02 am »

[5] You make an extremely convincing speech in french about how you are the americans, how you're here to help, how everything will be ok, and how any resistance or civilians in the building should open the door so that they can be evacuated.

You go to open the door and get as far as gripping the handles and pulling hard. Unfortunately it seems someone has unlocked the chain  because you end up throwing open the doors with surprising force and falling backwards rather embarrassingly.  You look up to see about a dozen or so men and women, some armed, some not, standing near the door.

"American?" One asks in a french accent.
Tala gets back to William's position and nods while holding her rifle in a peaceful gesture.

"Actually, Allied forces, mixture of all allied countries," she replies alongside following the respectful gendered language in French.

After discerning that who she is speaking to is totally not an enemy, (as in after processing William and Carolina's actions) she would continue: "Forward scouts; we aim to occupy and hold that fortress over there, and have experience with facing the enemy. Any further information will be extremely helpful, alongside positions of local resistance forces--we are here to evacuate them to friendly lines, while also pushing forward with our forces. If this location is secure, we will be calling reinforcements to support this location, but we are concerned with civilian safety."

Do what Carolina is doing; talk, but listening skills!

She stares at William for a few seconds to wonder who he was referring to...before adding in an idea. (If nothing goes wrong)

"Do you have a radio we can use? I mean we can easily report back but this would help us contact our central command."

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: July 03, 2018, 12:35:50 am »

Walk through the forest and light up a cigarette. This does not make me even more visible at all.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: July 03, 2018, 07:01:42 am »

"Radio! Jackson! You guys think you can handle things here? Find that tunnel, and regroup with Tala. I'll keep in contact over the radio. Any questions?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: July 03, 2018, 07:14:06 am »

"Just one, sir."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: July 03, 2018, 07:16:07 am »

"Ask it!"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: July 03, 2018, 07:19:21 am »

"Sir! If a Nazi dies in a forest, but none of his Nazi friends are around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: July 03, 2018, 07:22:28 am »

"If I'm there to see it, I make a sound! Good luck. Hang with Jackson until you meet up with Tala. If possible we'll renezsvous before going into the tunnels, though I might be stuck out here playing taxi driver and target for a while."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: July 03, 2018, 11:57:14 am »

Continue working through the restraints and definitely not their wrists.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2353 on: July 06, 2018, 01:27:26 pm »

"Indeed there are, Alice!  We're gonna charge ahead and find them before they find us!  And look, we just found a driver, get in here Eddy ol' boy!  Hopefully we can find someone who knows how to use the main gun, much as I'd love to use it, I'm the commander!  My job is to stab boarders and infantry with a knife!"

Awesome.  ALL the things get jammed into Simon's inventory!  Except the book, I guess, Alice can have that to read.

Let Ed in, and radio out to ask for an NPC loader, because what player would want to be the loader?  Failing that, let Mr chews-on-periscopes in, he can be loader in exchange for a couple shells.  His player's inactive for the next week anyway.  Also, let in anyone who has +2 or +3 explosives skill and wants to man the main gun (I.E. Lupanian, or LordPorkins if he goes explosives.), Simon will man it otherwise.  Then, onward to battle, to the east or northeast!  Or wherever Ed things there's battle, anyway, he's the driver.

Edit: Also, loot 38 7.92mm bullets from the tank's machine guns, and load the rounds into the MG15 Simon's been carrying since D-Day.  Might as well, this thing should have thousands of spare bullets.

Edit2: ...And Simon should also really use one of his FAKs to heal that -2 life, before he bleeds all over his crew.  Do that.

((@Lupanian and LordPorkins
Lup, if you want to be the tank's gunner, you're the most suited to it of anyone around.  Though you'd only be choosing shots, not driving the tank.  Unfortunate that we split roles.

Porkins, if you start with +3 explosives and +2 Machine Gun, you'd be an AMAZING tank gunner.  If you start as a tank hunter, you'd get to start with a recoilless anti-tank rifle which works with the explosives stat, and if you also take +2 Machine Gun skill, I'll give you the machine gun that my character's been lugging around.  It doesn't have a lot od ammo, but it'd be enough, and you'd also get a tank cannon out of the deal~

Also, a sharpened shovel is probably risk 2, and you get one by sharpening an entrenching tool.))

Alright.

We'll let Bitey in to be the loader, since he wants those shells. Ed can come in if he wants.

You loot your 38 bullets.

[1] You sew your hands together with very messy sutures. After you're done you look at the mess of blood and thread and wonder how exactly you managed to do this. Then you realize that you've sewn your bottom lip to your thumbs. Really how the heck did you manage this?

Wiellste briefly possesses my other character to LOOT THAT BOOK.
You take the book and hold it tight. Delicious loot.

"Aw, why do we need a driver? This thing is easy, I think I could drive it in my sleep now."

Kay. Guess I get the radio op seat then.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Ok.

"Guys, ask if they know of entrances to the tunnels under the fort. Do so nicely, eh? We want calm friends, not babbling lunatics. Got enough of those, we're not looking for recruits. I'm gonna go say Tank to the Tank. Hi to the Tank. Tank to the Simon.
Tank."

Ed Radio's to HQ that we have Resistance personnel, and fills them in on what we know of their situation. He then delicately removes himself from ... tmeptation, by going out and yelling at a tank.

Ed climbs up on the tank, shoulders the 'gunner' aside and raps on the hatch.

"Oi! Simon! Nice Treads you got there. We found some locals! I think we cleared out most of the western side of town, too. Oh hey, we had some lightning strikes a little bit ago. You know, like that night on the ship? Weird, huh? What do ya think? Wanna take this baby a street over and see if there's anything to shoot? I mean Nazis, of course, not ... not the Frenchies. Definitely not the Frenchies."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
You radio in the current state of affairs, though you're not sure it got through. There's an awful lot of static and distortion on the line.

You walk over to the tank and simon offers you a position in it. You get inside for self preservation reasons.

"Sausages?"

"Well, I'm gonna check something real quick, and then I think I'm gonna head off to advance some more.

So, out of the five magazines Bob had (he kept an extra three from the days before the change to the machine gunner role with fewer magazines, and never ended up using them) all those hundred bullets are spent? Hmm, he's still got his incendiary clip though, right? Anyway, check the drivers compartment for anything interesting the germans might have left.

Also: I will be out for two weeks. Please try not to kill Bob.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No you're down one magazine.

Well, technically we aren’t Americans. But we are THE Americans!
Try to communicate with them. Ask about secret entrances to the bunker, but also just let them talk.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
[6] You speak with the survivors in french, letting them know you're connected to the allies and that you're here to liberate the city. You ask them about the bunker and any weaknesses or secret entrances. One of them is a french soldier who says that the bunker is weakest from the rear, but also the most difficult to enter. If you can scale the hill in the rear, there's no entrenched positions or anything like that there.

((Play, yeah, I DEFINITELY want to join this. I'll get to work on a sheet.))

((What's the risk on a sharpened shovel? And where would I get one?))
Risk is 2. And ya get a shovel and then ya sharpen it!

"Yeah, she's saying the truth. We aren't really Americans. My family is from Poland, for example."
Ask if they are actually from France or just have the accent.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
[6]
You shout broken french at them until you're satisfied they are actually french.

Interpret the fuck out of those crates.

Then ask about any secret tunnels that the resistance dudes know of or suspect.

Finally, regroup with Tala.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
[4]
You read the crates. Their markings are "Human Viscera: Fresh. One unit" along with a word in a language you don't recognize.

You ask about secret tunnels or any sort of other passages. They say that they've used the sewer system every so often to move around, but its not the best. It doesn't connect everywhere or follow the roads so its difficult to get somewhere without knowing exactly where you need to go.

You regroup with Tala.

[5] You make an extremely convincing speech in french about how you are the americans, how you're here to help, how everything will be ok, and how any resistance or civilians in the building should open the door so that they can be evacuated.

You go to open the door and get as far as gripping the handles and pulling hard. Unfortunately it seems someone has unlocked the chain  because you end up throwing open the doors with surprising force and falling backwards rather embarrassingly.  You look up to see about a dozen or so men and women, some armed, some not, standing near the door.

"American?" One asks in a french accent.
Tala gets back to William's position and nods while holding her rifle in a peaceful gesture.

"Actually, Allied forces, mixture of all allied countries," she replies alongside following the respectful gendered language in French.

After discerning that who she is speaking to is totally not an enemy, (as in after processing William and Carolina's actions) she would continue: "Forward scouts; we aim to occupy and hold that fortress over there, and have experience with facing the enemy. Any further information will be extremely helpful, alongside positions of local resistance forces--we are here to evacuate them to friendly lines, while also pushing forward with our forces. If this location is secure, we will be calling reinforcements to support this location, but we are concerned with civilian safety."

Do what Carolina is doing; talk, but listening skills!

She stares at William for a few seconds to wonder who he was referring to...before adding in an idea. (If nothing goes wrong)

"Do you have a radio we can use? I mean we can easily report back but this would help us contact our central command."

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Carolina seems to have done your work for you and as you ask about a radio, a man with a radio for a head just walks up, much to the surprise of everyone, especially the civies.

Continue working through the restraints and definitely not their wrists.

You cut the second one free and move on to the third.

Walk through the forest and light up a cigarette. This does not make me even more visible at all.

You get around to the place sy got to last time before a lightning bolt scared him away. You've got a pretty good view of the bunker from here, including its entrenched machineguns that look ready to tear you apart the moment you get out of cover.

The entire area around the tank, the truck and honestly out for maybe 100 feet in every direction begins to crackle with electrical discharges and St. Elmo's fire. Houses and clothing smolder, everyone's hair stands on end, fillings become painfully hot, and the clouds overhead are spinning down in a point, like a gray dagger thrust towards the earth.

https://i.imgur.com/K1PSluS.png

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: July 06, 2018, 01:53:17 pm »

Tala casually waves at Radioman with silenced surprise.

She mentions it is 'very good bodypaint' to the French, because that is still how she sees it outside of asking personal matters.

"Hey Radio," she said in English, before telling him of all that had transpired--which meant emphasis on what the French Resistance soldier mentioned and these people requiring help from main command for him to radio a situation report on.

She also mentions to Radio to be wary about contacting the others, unsure if radiowaves work like...how this weirdness works with that lightning-Nazi who is most likely present, OR that the big reason the Nazis didn't flee is because they're testing that Storm-thingy on land, as the sea-testing operations had probably finished (with their ship being part of the test). Meaning: With all due haste, we should do this.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 12:36:33 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 228