Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 442602 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2370 on: July 09, 2018, 11:14:56 am »

Continue working through the restraints and definitely not their wrists.

Again!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2371 on: July 09, 2018, 05:37:41 pm »

"Jesus, Simon. You need to be more careful with that stuff."

Cut Simon's hands free.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
[4]
You carefully cut Simon's hands and lip free, giving him a very disappointed look the entire time.

Simon pokes at Alice's back with his foot, giving her a plaintive look that's somewhat ruined by his hands being sutured to his face. "Awice?  Hewp?"

Try again, after Alice frees Simon's hands.  Also, did that use up a first aid kit?

Get ready to man the main gun, assuming Simon doesn't remain sutured to himself.  Unless Porkins joins the tank crew, he'd be a much better gunner than Simon.

You are free! You are also one FAK poorer than before.

Porkins hasn't said know so I'll assume he wants to come in.  Also, isn't porkins the name of a fat pilot who died in starwars?

[4]
You return yourself to 0 life, stitching your injuries up and slapping bandages onto yourself.

Scout the area and make sure no hostiles are nearby.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
Does a giant lightning tornado count as a hostile? Because there's one over there to the east and it seems angry.

Isn't that where Ed is?

Make sure the information about the bunker gets to the rest of the crew. Ask if they know anything about the lightning, or any other Nazi weirdness, and report anything interesting to crew as well. After that’s all said and done, try to determine over radio where the allied line is. If it’s still pretty far away, organize the frenchies for departure.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)

You spread the information around, making sure to tell everyone here, then to the people back at base via Radio. At least you think you do. The radio signal is basically nothing but screaming static at this point. You can't make anything out as a reply.

"You required a radio, m'am?"

Be a radio for Tala as needed. Also whatever else I need to be.

If that lightning is close to us, set up my pipe so it'll act as a lightning rod then quickly let it go so I don't get shocked still.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You would love to do this. However your head is full of screaming static right now and you can't really hear yourself think. Or hear anyone talk. Or see anything. Wow, this hurts a lot.

"You required a radio, m'am?"

Be a radio for Tala as needed. Also whatever else I need to be.

If that lightning is close to us, set up my pipe so it'll act as a lightning rod then quickly let it go so I don't get shocked still.

((Yay I can action now))

Tala makes a gesture to make the whole situation seem conspicuously normal. Because she has the sneaking suspicion that she isn't speaking through some mini-radio on her radioman's head.

Update Central command of our progress, these French resistance survivors, and radio in the note that we just attacked a convoy in between here and the base.

Duly suggest that the resistance survivors get to a safer area, depending on what response we get.
That being said, ask for advised action to proceed with for the whole team, from command. Mention suspicions of super-power nazis being present at the Fortress.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

You attempt to communicate with the base but get little in the way of feedback other than screaming static.  You're not really sure, but you would think that maybe the safest place for these people might be away from any allied troops for the moment. With shit like that lightning tornado around, being around target rich areas might be a poor idea.

"Bob, run!"

Run on the fastest path out of the lightning circle, staying clear of the vehicles. My goal is to get behind a rock/tree/building/fence/hard cover outside the circle, with the cover between me and the circle.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
[6]
"Hey Simon! What's the matter? Cat got your ... lower lip? Hey, that's some fancy needlework there. I'm sure you have your reasons."

Ed orders the group to clear out, sending those on foot to meet with Tala, and those in the truck to drive it and the survivors up to the Allied Zone. He then drives the Tank North, takes teh East fork, east again, along the windy road toward teh red and orange houses east of where Bob and Denver fought the Nazis.

"Clear out, you lot! Lightning's coming! Run, Now! you on foot, go west to the fish cannery, The truck, go north to the Allies!"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There you have it! Lemme know when it's time to kick names and take ass!
I'm assuming you drag Robert and Porkins into the tank with you. Because it would be rude to murder a non-responder and someone who walked out of the quantum void literally seconds ago.

Ed drags Robert and Sid into the tank before slamming the hatch closed and getting into the driver's seat. [1] He steps on the gas and...immediately stalls the engine. He stays calm. He resets and tries again...this time accelerating backwards into a house and partially covering the tank in rubble. He starts to panic. He attempts to accelerate, forward this time. The tank grids, unable to get traction. He is now screaming. Meanwhile Denver has sprinted over to a nearby house and dove through a window. He takes cover in a large pantry and covers his ears.

The strike that falls a moment later is not a lightning bolt, at least by any conventional term. The pillar of light that descends does not twitch out into ragged shapes like a bolt seeking earth; It falls like a hammer blow.  If there is a noise, and there most assuredly was one, no one nearby can hear it. Its almost like it passes over them too quickly or too harshly to register. No one is looking where the beam hits so their eyes are sparred but the shockwave still gets them. The house Denver is in partially collapses and is blow backwards; he survives thanks to his sturdy hiding spot but is semiburied. The tank, stuck as it is, is just outside the edge of the beam and catches the shockwave under it. It goes flying, skimming the ground while the treads churn and try to catch, leaning dangerously close to rolling. When it finally comes to a stop it sits at a hard 45 degree angle, balancing on the right treads for a moment before dropping back down with a bone jarring thud.

Ed opens the hatch and looks outside. The entire area behind the houses is blackened to ash and its edges are on fire. The fire is, luckily, quickly being put out by the rain. The truck is gone, blown to pieces along with its cargo. He looks around and sees Jack, along with the prisoners over to the south, apparently they got out in time.

EDIT! I FORGOT KNIFECAT's POST!

Cover myself in leaves and start crawling to the bunker.

[6] You cover yourself in leaves and debris before slowly advancing towards the bunker complex. You have to move very slow to prevent people from seeing you so you only get to the back of the houses just ahead.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:53:27 am by piecewise »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2372 on: July 09, 2018, 05:54:47 pm »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2373 on: July 09, 2018, 06:06:49 pm »

"Ed, Ed, I thought you said you knew how to drive a tank?"

Check the radio. Interference gone?

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: July 09, 2018, 06:25:46 pm »

"HA! EAT S***, NAZI LIGHTNING! F*** YOU AND THE CLOUD YOU RODE IN ON! HAHAHA!"

Carefully extricate myself from the rubble, join the freed captives and Jack, and move us all to cover.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: July 10, 2018, 07:03:32 am »

"YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHAAAAAAAAA!!!! Fuck, that was scary! Let's do it again!"

"What's that, Alice? Oh, right. Just a little rusty, just a little rusty. I hardly exploded us at all. It'll be fine, probably."

Let's try this again. Forward, noble steed, to battle! Same route as before, up the street that crosses toward the fort, looking for Nazis to shoot.

To Tala over the Radio: "Watch for static and St. Elmo's Fire. If you experience it, run as fast as you can. Try to sneak around to the back side of the fort and come up from behind. We'll clear out the east side of town and maybe go up the front. to see what those firing positions at the fort look like."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: July 10, 2018, 09:10:18 am »

You attempt to communicate with the base but get little in the way of feedback other than screaming static.  You're not really sure, but you would think that maybe the safest place for these people might be away from any allied troops for the moment. With shit like that lightning tornado around, being around target rich areas might be a poor idea.
To Tala over the Radio: "Watch for static and St. Elmo's Fire. If you experience it, run as fast as you can. Try to sneak around to the back side of the fort and come up from behind. We'll clear out the east side of town and maybe go up the front. to see what those firing positions at the fort look like."
Mhmm, I read you there, carry on, continue, Tala said, nodding while looking at Radioman with his glistening knobs and dials. It was pure static, and she nodded at Carolina while listening in.
"So why is it when I try signal jamming it doesn't work, then there's this Nazi and boom, everything gets jammed? she said, giving up the charade.

She looked at the Frenchman who seemed to be the communicator and nodded, while looking back at radio.

"Command recommends holding position in here, we will return after a success on the fortress; please stay to your positions here and do not operate any radios or other electronic devices that can give any telemetry or signal. Also please keep awake until we take over the fortress, fire at anyone who approaches without call or mention, but do not disclose yourselves," Tala said to the French. "As for us", she said in hushed tones that every single 888th could only hear her, present, "We've a moving tank on radio without guidance or contact, and I got nothing from that radio call in all reality. We can't communicate with the forward group now; Radio, I'd like you to keep on morse with our allies and the rest of the 888th, you know how to best intermix it with static given your talent so let's use that cover. Otherwise, if I'm presuming Bohring's personality right, he'll keep going with that tank forward; we have to support his flank. I have a distinct feeling that requisitioning any reinforcements will end up bad for them, and whoever is storm-rolling is aiming for groups or overt positions of our people."

Ok, Tala group, let's get all y'all to flanking around--move up in an obscured path from line of sight from the fortress and probably any snipers from there, to the back side of the fortress to go in from behind while they take the conspicuous route
Lead the way while keeping watch, or order someone with perceptively good senses to keep watch with my binoculars while I lead.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 11:00:14 pm by Tiruin »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2377 on: July 10, 2018, 09:35:12 am »

William follows Tala.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: July 10, 2018, 10:54:12 am »

Follow Tala
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: July 10, 2018, 01:57:08 pm »

[1]
Toby immediately climbs up onto the tank and presses his face into one of the viewing slits.

"OI! GIMME YOUR BULLETS! I GOTTA BLOW SHIT UP!"

"No."

"GIVE."

"No."

He just makes grunting noises and sticks his tongue through the slit.

"I killed an entire tank crew with a knife not even 20 minutes ago. Don't make me come out there."

He starts biting at the entrance hatch.

"So, is this one of our gunners?" Alice asks, leaning back and craning her head backwards to look at Simon.

"Maybe."

"I like him."

"Of course you do."
That's what I call an auspicious start, rolling a one on my first ever roll.
I'm back and too lazy to read through 3 pages of text. If someone can give me a quick rundown of where we are and anything that I will need to know for the near future?

Let the court record show that if I were trying to convince someone to give me their shekels tank shells, I'd probably IRL do all of this, apart from biting the hatch, and ESPECIALLY sticking my tongue out at them.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:02:04 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: July 10, 2018, 02:10:53 pm »

Oh yeah also, if we're anywhere important, lettuce assume I have moved up with the rest and rolled whatever number I'd need to roll so as to have absolutely no effect (positive OR negative) up to this point.

this action is kinda late, but I'd slide off the tank and shout an apology for my fit of madness at being denied my HE shells, and sullenly follow my orders up to wherever the hell we are now. This action covers literally everything up to our current point.

Spoiler: Rifleman Parrish, (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2381 on: July 10, 2018, 11:07:48 pm »

If I recall right we stuck you in the loader's seat, where you sat without complaint or comment.

If the autoloader acts up, hit it with a baton.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: July 11, 2018, 08:05:55 am »

((Yeah, you got dragged into the tank and given four HE shells as payment for being our loader.  You could steal more if you want, I guess.  Not much the loader really gets to do. :\ ))

"Haaah, hahaha, great job, Ed!  Man, this tank is awesome, it even survives lightning!  We're gonna wreck the Naughties!"

"...Though, it's really getting crowded in here.  And wet.  Six people, four bleeding corpses, this can't be within operational specs."

Those four corpses that were left in the tank?  Start throwing them out.  As much good as they'd do as emergency rations, I'm sure we'll find or produce more corpses soon, and the tank is only intended to hold five bodies--not ten.

Also, grab some of the ammo for the mounted machine guns, and reload that MG 15 Simon's been lugging around since D-Day.  Maybe grab a couple boxes of extra ammo if it's convenient, I'unno how the ammo's stored.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: July 11, 2018, 10:03:53 am »

Follow orders.

Well wasn't that a wild ride? Jack laughs, knowing just how narrowly he avoided certain death. There must be a god looking out for him after all.

Sir, what should we do with these captives?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: July 11, 2018, 11:41:16 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sid silently looks around the tank which the man had just dragged him into. He looks at the man who looks most in charge (Simon), waiting for orders.

Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 228