Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 442744 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2385 on: July 11, 2018, 11:50:39 am »

I start tossing bodies out the nearest convenient hatch, and promise the other that I normally don't bite things that aren't food, I was just really really eager to get some explosives.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 12:56:24 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 11, 2018, 03:33:14 pm »

"Yes, I am definitely reassured by the fact that you were only chewing on a metal hatch because you really, really, wanted to blow something up. I'm glad that we put you in our tank."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 11, 2018, 08:11:06 pm »

"Holy shit. Thanks, Ed! Now where's the guns on this thing, I need a machinegun!" Bob tries to make his way through the confined space of the tank to get to a possible machinegun, or other gun, to gun down Nazis.

Find a machinegun, or other if none is built into the tank. Shoot Nazis if there are any that we seem to be attacking. If there's a problem with action, pls forgive, I'm still on vacation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 11, 2018, 09:31:00 pm »

Sid silently looks around the tank which the man had just dragged him into. He looks at the man who looks most in charge (Simon), waiting for orders.

"You're a sapper, right?  Uhh, I guess that's kinda like a gunner, get in the turret, shoot the really big gun at any enemy tanks, or, like, groups of Nazi infantry, or anything dangerous that needs killing.  Yeah!  Just don't shoot the clouds, they're really dangerous now but I don't think the cannon will do anything to them... well, probably not.  Maybe it's worth one shot, what's the worse that could happen?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 11, 2018, 10:03:46 pm »

"Do you need that question answered? Because I think we can come up with several possible answers."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 12, 2018, 07:20:06 am »

"Fucken clouds. We'll show them too."

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 12, 2018, 09:21:39 am »

"Oh, I can think of many things that could happen! Let's see, the clouds could get really angry and start zapping us even more, they might start throwing shells back at us, they might zoom down on us and start zapping us..."
"Or, y'know, maybe nothing will happen?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2392 on: July 12, 2018, 09:54:06 am »

Edit: Added sabretooth's post to the last turn since I forgot it!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 12, 2018, 02:54:50 pm »

Continue towards the bunker.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2394 on: July 13, 2018, 01:13:06 pm »

"Ed, Ed, I thought you said you knew how to drive a tank?"

Check the radio. Interference gone?

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
It  seems to be lessening for the moment, but its not gone entirely.

"HA! EAT S***, NAZI LIGHTNING! F*** YOU AND THE CLOUD YOU RODE IN ON! HAHAHA!"

Carefully extricate myself from the rubble, join the freed captives and Jack, and move us all to cover.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
[1]
You push on a bit of rubble and it shifts in a terrifying domino reaction. You scramble back and rubble falls against the door to the cupboard you were hiding in, wedging the door shut.

"For the love of God, Montresor! Wait...why did I say that?"

"YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHAAAAAAAAA!!!! Fuck, that was scary! Let's do it again!"

"What's that, Alice? Oh, right. Just a little rusty, just a little rusty. I hardly exploded us at all. It'll be fine, probably."

Let's try this again. Forward, noble steed, to battle! Same route as before, up the street that crosses toward the fort, looking for Nazis to shoot.

To Tala over the Radio: "Watch for static and St. Elmo's Fire. If you experience it, run as fast as you can. Try to sneak around to the back side of the fort and come up from behind. We'll clear out the east side of town and maybe go up the front. to see what those firing positions at the fort look like."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
[3]
"Just like riding a bike. A big armor plated bike with treads and a cannon."

((Yeah, you got dragged into the tank and given four HE shells as payment for being our loader.  You could steal more if you want, I guess.  Not much the loader really gets to do. :\ ))

"Haaah, hahaha, great job, Ed!  Man, this tank is awesome, it even survives lightning!  We're gonna wreck the Naughties!"

"...Though, it's really getting crowded in here.  And wet.  Six people, four bleeding corpses, this can't be within operational specs."

Those four corpses that were left in the tank?  Start throwing them out.  As much good as they'd do as emergency rations, I'm sure we'll find or produce more corpses soon, and the tank is only intended to hold five bodies--not ten.

Also, grab some of the ammo for the mounted machine guns, and reload that MG 15 Simon's been lugging around since D-Day.  Maybe grab a couple boxes of extra ammo if it's convenient, I'unno how the ammo's stored.

As Ed drives along you start discarding nazi bodies, pushing them up and out of the hatch one at a time. They tumble down off the tank and into the road.

"Burial at Asphalt." You muse to yourself as the last corpse flops down into the road.

That done you reload a weapon and grab one box of ammo from the tank's machine gun.

Follow orders.

Well wasn't that a wild ride? Jack laughs, knowing just how narrowly he avoided certain death. There must be a god looking out for him after all.

Sir, what should we do with these captives?

I don't see anyone giving you orders so I'm going to assume you moved over and regrouped with Tala's faction.

I start tossing bodies out the nearest convenient hatch, and promise the other that I normally don't bite things that aren't food, I was just really really eager to get some explosives.

Sid silently looks around the tank which the man had just dragged him into. He looks at the man who looks most in charge (Simon), waiting for orders.

You both Help simon make some room in the tank before going to your respective positions as gunners. Things are quiet for the moment but you have a distinct feeling thats going to change very soon.

Continue towards the bunker.

You wriggle across the road and into the forested area around the bunker, but you hit a snag: The ground here rises sharply into what is effectively a cliff. You don't think you'll be able to climb it very well and remain as hidden as you are now.

"Holy shit. Thanks, Ed! Now where's the guns on this thing, I need a machinegun!" Bob tries to make his way through the confined space of the tank to get to a possible machinegun, or other gun, to gun down Nazis.

Find a machinegun, or other if none is built into the tank. Shoot Nazis if there are any that we seem to be attacking. If there's a problem with action, pls forgive, I'm still on vacation.

Bob continues the important work of sitting behind a big gun and being ready to shoot nazis.

"YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHAAAAAAAAA!!!! Fuck, that was scary! Let's do it again!"

"What's that, Alice? Oh, right. Just a little rusty, just a little rusty. I hardly exploded us at all. It'll be fine, probably."

Let's try this again. Forward, noble steed, to battle! Same route as before, up the street that crosses toward the fort, looking for Nazis to shoot.

To Tala over the Radio: "Watch for static and St. Elmo's Fire. If you experience it, run as fast as you can. Try to sneak around to the back side of the fort and come up from behind. We'll clear out the east side of town and maybe go up the front. to see what those firing positions at the fort look like."

Follow Tala
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
William follows Tala.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
Tala's increasing bundle of men and women trundle forward, cutting across roads and forested areas on their way towards the rear of the bunker. They're not as fast as the tank but they also don't have to follow meandering french roads so they manage to catch back up with Ed's automated murder caravan, at least in terms of East/West orientation.

The spike in the clouds glides along after the tank, moving not quite fast enough to keep up but always keeping near it. As the tank pass northward along a road parallel to the main road, one of the bunker's entrenched machine guns turns and focuses on it. It seems to pause there for a moment, as though indecisive,  and then opens fire. Rounds tear through the air and rip up homes and asphalt around the tank; several even strike the armor and rebound off or pancake into the plating. Though clearly designed for infantry the shots still dent the metal.  The tank continues forward until it passes in front of home and puts the structure between itself and the machinegun.  The gun keeps firing, sending random rounds through the structure, but rarely striking true.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2395 on: July 13, 2018, 06:13:25 pm »

"Ah, firing a machinegun at a tank. That's not the wisest decision I've ever seen these nazis make. What do you say we show them a real gun?"

Follow Simon's orders.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 13, 2018, 06:28:59 pm »

"We need a smokescreen, to keep em guessing. Hey, cannon! Aim at the fort and get ready to fire, would ya? What are you doing up there, anyway, sightseeing?"

Ed drives to the next break in cover and assists the main gunner in targetting. If nothing else, by shouting advice at him. Once we've fired a shot or two up at teh machine gun, we'll keep trundling forward again, heading toward the long, winding, oh so exposed path up to the fort.

Ed switches to the main gun and aims at the fort. when he gets line of sight, he'll fire on the machine gun position.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 06:02:11 am by Ozarck »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 13, 2018, 07:52:14 pm »

"Hey, can you help me out?"

Call for help from my teammates.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 13, 2018, 11:17:31 pm »

Sid looks around, shrugs, and gets out of the turret. He'll run over to the cupboard making strange noises and bash through the debris with his trusty shovel.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:21:01 am by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: July 14, 2018, 05:27:26 am »

((Porkins, you should post your sheet with all of your actions.  Piecewise doesn't keep track himself, and has been known to assume you have +0 to everything if you don't post a sheet.))

"Hey, yeah, Sid, why aren't you shooting back at them?  ...Sid?  Wait, where the hell did he go?  Gah, Ed, you take over the turret, shoot the bunker, Alice, you're the new driver, just don't screw over our shots.  And, uh, Robert!  You take the radio seat, after the bunker's dead you can use the outside MG.  Bitey, if you desert too, I will hunt you down, and take those shells back."

Tell Ed to man the turret and shoot the bunker, and Alice to take over driving.  Simon himself will wait until the machine gun fire has slowed down or stopped, then pop out of the commander's hatch and scan the offending bunker with his Springfield; mostly, the purpose is to pick out any high-risk targets, but if he sees any machine gunners shooting back he'll try and pick them off.

Have the trench knife ready just in case any Nazi boarders show up.

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 228