Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 442611 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2400 on: July 14, 2018, 06:04:13 am »

"A'right, Simon. Keep an eye on them bastard clouds, would ya? Riding the lightning is a blast and all, but it might throw off my aim a touch."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 03:27:37 pm by Ozarck »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: July 14, 2018, 01:34:48 pm »

Hope for the best and climb to the bunker and ling to it's walls.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 14, 2018, 10:57:45 pm »

"Yes sir, Mr. Simon man."

"Hey, is Denver dead? He disappeared around when the lightning happened, and he's not in the tank. Yeah, probably dead. Might want a burial though, so somebody should go get his corpse."
Bob hops away from the machinegun, and mans the radio. From there, he'll keep in communication with reinforcements, and tells someone to go check on Denver since he lost track of him back near the lightning strike.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 11:00:03 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 14, 2018, 11:39:41 pm »

((Err, sorry, I meant to say Bob should go to the machine gun's seat.  In the Panzer IV, the radio operator is also the machine gunner.  Both pieces of equipment are operated from the same position, which means the "radio operator" seat is pretty much just a machine gun seat, since I'm pretty sure we can use normal radios inside the tank without issue.

...Also, for some reason I thought the machine gun was external, requiring the gunner to open a hatch to operate, which is insane when I think about it.  It's actually hull-mounted and therefore 100% safe to operate, so feel free to return fire if you want.  Blame Simon not understanding tanks. :P))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: July 15, 2018, 12:11:23 am »

"I thought Denver was in that truck with Jack and those Frenchies. If that 'lightning' hit him, there ewon't be much left of him to bury."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 15, 2018, 09:16:32 am »

Continue sneaking up on dem dastardly Germans.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: July 15, 2018, 02:39:38 pm »

"Please stop calling me Bitey. Loading... Err.... I think this is AP? Might be incendiary, either way it ought to do the job on that bunker."
((Loading a tank cannon is suprisingly simple, all the levers and buttons are pretty obvious, at least in American WW2 tanks, dunno about German ones, the hard part is getting the right shell and aiming the bastard. Also, American tanks would commonly have an MG on top of the turret, but I've been told said MG was actually meant for AA, apparently. Common mistake.))
since I'm carrying HE, I know wot that looks like, and Toby's logic would be that AP is the most important shell and therefore that's what the tank would have the most of. Roll for which she'll I end up loading.

Spoiler: Rifleman Toby Parrish (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2407 on: July 16, 2018, 10:37:16 am »

"Please stop calling me Bitey. Loading... Err.... I think this is AP? Might be incendiary, either way it ought to do the job on that bunker."
((Loading a tank cannon is suprisingly simple, all the levers and buttons are pretty obvious, at least in American WW2 tanks, dunno about German ones, the hard part is getting the right shell and aiming the bastard. Also, American tanks would commonly have an MG on top of the turret, but I've been told said MG was actually meant for AA, apparently. Common mistake.))
since I'm carrying HE, I know wot that looks like, and Toby's logic would be that AP is the most important shell and therefore that's what the tank would have the most of. Roll for which she'll I end up loading.

Spoiler: Rifleman Toby Parrish (click to show/hide)

[2]
Eeeny Meeny Miney That one.  You grab a shell at complete random and load it into the main gun. Statistically, if AP are the most common, then you're likely to have gotten the right shell! Right?

((Err, sorry, I meant to say Bob should go to the machine gun's seat.  In the Panzer IV, the radio operator is also the machine gunner.  Both pieces of equipment are operated from the same position, which means the "radio operator" seat is pretty much just a machine gun seat, since I'm pretty sure we can use normal radios inside the tank without issue.

...Also, for some reason I thought the machine gun was external, requiring the gunner to open a hatch to operate, which is insane when I think about it.  It's actually hull-mounted and therefore 100% safe to operate, so feel free to return fire if you want.  Blame Simon not understanding tanks. :P))
Honestly you're not wrong in lots of situations. I think a lot of american tanks have their machineguns on the outside because they're duuuuumb.

((Porkins, you should post your sheet with all of your actions.  Piecewise doesn't keep track himself, and has been known to assume you have +0 to everything if you don't post a sheet.))

"Hey, yeah, Sid, why aren't you shooting back at them?  ...Sid?  Wait, where the hell did he go?  Gah, Ed, you take over the turret, shoot the bunker, Alice, you're the new driver, just don't screw over our shots.  And, uh, Robert!  You take the radio seat, after the bunker's dead you can use the outside MG.  Bitey, if you desert too, I will hunt you down, and take those shells back."

Tell Ed to man the turret and shoot the bunker, and Alice to take over driving.  Simon himself will wait until the machine gun fire has slowed down or stopped, then pop out of the commander's hatch and scan the offending bunker with his Springfield; mostly, the purpose is to pick out any high-risk targets, but if he sees any machine gunners shooting back he'll try and pick them off.

Have the trench knife ready just in case any Nazi boarders show up.

"Ah, firing a machinegun at a tank. That's not the wisest decision I've ever seen these nazis make. What do you say we show them a real gun?"

Follow Simon's orders.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
"Yes sir, Mr. Simon man."

"Hey, is Denver dead? He disappeared around when the lightning happened, and he's not in the tank. Yeah, probably dead. Might want a burial though, so somebody should go get his corpse."
Bob hops away from the machinegun, and mans the radio. From there, he'll keep in communication with reinforcements, and tells someone to go check on Denver since he lost track of him back near the lightning strike.

Sid looks around, shrugs, and gets out of the turret. He'll run over to the cupboard making strange noises and bash through the debris with his trusty shovel.

"We need a smokescreen, to keep em guessing. Hey, cannon! Aim at the fort and get ready to fire, would ya? What are you doing up there, anyway, sightseeing?"

Ed drives to the next break in cover and assists the main gunner in targetting. If nothing else, by shouting advice at him. Once we've fired a shot or two up at teh machine gun, we'll keep trundling forward again, heading toward the long, winding, oh so exposed path up to the fort.

Ed switches to the main gun and aims at the fort. when he gets line of sight, he'll fire on the machine gun position.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
[6][5]
A quick shuffle of seats to put everyone in the best position and then Alice, perhaps a bit too excited about finally being in combat, pushes the tank to top speed and plows through a building, driving the tank straight towards the bunker. She cuts across the empty lawns between this road and the main one, before turning hard and circling round towards the start of the Main bunker's switch back road.  Toby shouts that the cannon is ready over the combined roar of the engine and Alices repeated "YEEEEHAWs!". Ed lines up his shot with the turret -not easy to do when the tank is advancing like this- and fires on the machinegun nest. The shot makes the entire tank ring and everyone is jerked forward as the shot kills a good bit of the tank's momentum.

The round strikes dead center of the machinegun nest, right through the slot the gun is pointed out of. It seems to have been an HE round but it makes little difference with a shot like that. The other two machineguns, now with a view of the tank, open fire. Trees get shredded and explode into splinters as the tank charges up the hill. Sid, apparently not aware of where he is, attempts to climb straight out of the tank. He gets as far as partially undoing the hatch before Simon tackles him.

"Hey, can you help me out?"

Call for help from my teammates.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You use your radio to call for help. You think it got through but its hard to tell with the storm like this.

Hope for the best and climb to the bunker and ling to it's walls.

[5]
You silently climb the cliff, slowly making your way up until you reach the top and drag yourself over. There's quite a ruckus going on up here and you arrive in time to see one of the machinegun nests get obliterated by a tank shot. Well...this makes life easier for you. They're not going to be looking for a lone infiltrator when they have a mad tank charging head long towards them.

Continue sneaking up on dem dastardly Germans.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
I'm going to assume that you and everyone else with you do that as well.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 16, 2018, 10:55:46 am »

((Thanks Radio, didn't see my post get eaten there...who is Jack and 2 prisoners, and why are they with us, and what is going on with Denver? Last I read, he's ok but in a dilapidated building))

"We'd really benefit from some scaling equipment right now, or something to do with that bunker from the flank. Radio, how's the signal? Still static with all the rain?"

Err, proceed, while checking our gear if we're able to assault the bunker from this side (after the hill). Stick to cover.
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

"We seem to be split up. Everyone regroup under that cover of trees. I'll be heading back with another person to check for any stragglers. The storm above doesn't bode well at all."

And then get the heck to Denver's position to get him out :P
With support. Preferably the strongest person available.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:46:18 pm by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 16, 2018, 12:26:28 pm »

"Reload!"

Ed fires on the next machine gun nest as soon as the cannon is reloaded.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: July 16, 2018, 12:30:08 pm »

((Denver is trapped in post-lightning rubble.))

"Hey, some help here!"

I had given my radio to Alice, for the record, so I could not have radio'd for help. Feel the conditions around me. Does the rubble feel stable? Are any sides of the cupboard not covered by rubble? Then, using my trench knife, attempt to lever any free sides.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 05:50:31 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: July 16, 2018, 01:30:19 pm »

Scream internally as I run towards the opening of the bunker and burn everything inside to little German bits.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 16, 2018, 02:53:46 pm »

((Doomblade, you could try going through the roof or something.  Maybe try smashing the top portion of the doors open, it might be relatively fragile.))

"Ahahaha!  Again!  Come on guys, let's keep up the momentum!  Sid, if you're bored, help uh, the guy who doesn't want to be called Bitey.  Loady?  Help loady."

Cackle and encourage the crew as the tank continues to charge forward.  Start slapping people if the tank slows down or the rate of fire lessens.  No cowardice allowed in Simon's metal box!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2413 on: July 16, 2018, 05:23:30 pm »

"Just like drivin' a car, 'sept you don't have ta stop when you hit something."

No, I don't have a driver's licence, thanks for asking.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 16, 2018, 05:50:42 pm »

Edited action.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 228