Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 148956 times)

randomgenericusername

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2415 on: July 16, 2018, 07:26:35 pm »

Continue following Tala and also stick to cover.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
Logged
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Strider03

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2416 on: July 16, 2018, 08:25:18 pm »

"Ahahahaheh! Charge!"


Bob stays in the tank, manning the radio. Also, move to the machinegun when the bunkers seem down, so he can shoot people.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant.
But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

Redjive_Industries

  • Bay Watcher
  • I am most definitely a madman with a box.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2417 on: July 17, 2018, 01:20:59 pm »

"Ah, so these orange tipped ones are the explosives... Which means the blue tips are... Not explosives... So the Armor piercing shells are the... Unpainted ones? (Grab one) LOADING ARMOR PIERCING! I think...
Load a shell. Now I know for sure which ones are HE, so the remaining possibilities are smoke, incendiary/White Phosphorous (which is almost deadlier than just a flat fire shell) or AP

Logged
SigText!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg7826888#msg7826888
My good man, please, where is your spirit for adventure!
(Buried in rubble deep underground somewhere, I reckon.)

Radio Controlled

  • Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2418 on: July 31, 2018, 10:45:28 am »

Go help the Denver. If possible/plausible. If not stick with Tala.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 10:49:18 am by Radio Controlled »
Logged


Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2419 on: July 31, 2018, 12:20:10 pm »

((Thanks Radio, didn't see my post get eaten there...who is Jack and 2 prisoners, and why are they with us, and what is going on with Denver? Last I read, he's ok but in a dilapidated building))

"We'd really benefit from some scaling equipment right now, or something to do with that bunker from the flank. Radio, how's the signal? Still static with all the rain?"

Err, proceed, while checking our gear if we're able to assault the bunker from this side (after the hill). Stick to cover.
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

"We seem to be split up. Everyone regroup under that cover of trees. I'll be heading back with another person to check for any stragglers. The storm above doesn't bode well at all."

And then get the heck to Denver's position to get him out :P
With support. Preferably the strongest person available.

Uh. Well you ARE able to assault the base from the back  but...well your post has completely confused me. You say proceed and then say to turn around and run back the exact opposite way and help Denver...who I'm pretty sure  you'd have no idea in character was stuck.  I'm...gonna let this sit and maybe see if the other character in your unit have something more easily understood.

....
No one else in your group posted.  Oh wait, Radio did after I yelled at him on Discord.

Go help the Denver. He has a radio so I should be able to find him, I hope.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Ugh, whatever. I'll have you go back and try to help.
[5-2]
You run back to where denver is buried and start digging him out. You get some of the light stuff out of the way but there's still a rather big wood pillar sitting directly in front of his door.

((Denver is trapped in post-lightning rubble.))

"Hey, some help here!"

I had given my radio to Alice, for the record, so I could not have radio'd for help. Feel the conditions around me. Does the rubble feel stable? Are any sides of the cupboard not covered by rubble? Then, using my trench knife, attempt to lever any free sides.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
The rubble feels distressingly stable. Like everything just fell in a nice pyramidal fashion down on the closet and locked you in on all sides. The best you've got is the back wall of the cupboard which feels a bit more flimsy than the other walls. You might be able to get out through it with enough force.



Ok so I'm gonna make the assumption here that Ti and friends move up towards the bunker. The back of the hill the bunker is on has a steep slope, just like everywhere else, but it is climbable. Just like Florian did. So I'm moving you up to the edge of the steep part of the hill.



Scream internally as I run towards the opening of the bunker and burn everything inside to little German bits.

You run up to the bunker wall on the northish side. The guns are all on the westish side so they can't hit you from here, however thats also where the main entrance is. You could either rush the front and try to torch the guns before they can slice you to bits or move around the other side to try and find another entrance. As it is, all you'd be doing here is burning a concrete wall.




"Ah, so these orange tipped ones are the explosives... Which means the blue tips are... Not explosives... So the Armor piercing shells are the... Unpainted ones? (Grab one) LOADING ARMOR PIERCING! I think...
Load a shell. Now I know for sure which ones are HE, so the remaining possibilities are smoke, incendiary/White Phosphorous (which is almost deadlier than just a flat fire shell) or AP


[6]
You grab what you're pretty sure is the AP round and load it. You tap the gunner on the back of the helmet and imitate gun noises to let him know its ready. You're sure there's probably a more fitting protocol but fuck if you know it.

"Reload!"

Ed fires on the next machine gun nest as soon as the cannon is reloaded.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
[4]
You track the turret over to the next machinegun nest, not easy to do with the tank zipping around like this, and take a shot. The nest explodes into smoke and dust, that entire section of the bunker totally obscured by the destruction. The machinegun continues to fire but it no longer aims at you; instead it just sort of lazily tracks upwards, hits its maximum upward range and stops there, still chattering away.

"Ahahahaheh! Charge!"


Bob stays in the tank, manning the radio. Also, move to the machinegun when the bunkers seem down, so he can shoot people.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You shout manic laughter into the radio, broadcasting your mirth on all the channels you can.

((Doomblade, you could try going through the roof or something.  Maybe try smashing the top portion of the doors open, it might be relatively fragile.))

"Ahahaha!  Again!  Come on guys, let's keep up the momentum!  Sid, if you're bored, help uh, the guy who doesn't want to be called Bitey.  Loady?  Help loady."

Cackle and encourage the crew as the tank continues to charge forward.  Start slapping people if the tank slows down or the rate of fire lessens.  No cowardice allowed in Simon's metal box!



You brandish your trench knife and put one boot up on the back of Alice's chair, shouting murderous encouragement to the rest of the crew.

"GET CLOSER! I WANT TO STAB THEM WITH MY KNIFE!"

"I'm pretty sure you've killed more people with your knife in one mission than with your rifle in all the other missions. You're a very odd sniper."

"Noted and ignored. Forward, guidance goblin! Onward until we can taste the whites of their eyes as they explode into our mouths."

"Are you having a stroke?"

"I was saving it for after this is over but honestly, I'm considering just doing it now."

"Please stop."

"NEVER!"

"Just like drivin' a car, 'sept you don't have ta stop when you hit something."

No, I don't have a driver's licence, thanks for asking.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
THAT'S NOT AN ACTION, GUIDANCE GOBLIN. CONTINUING PREVIOUS SUICIDAL CHARGE.

[6]
You lean on the accelerator even more, though you're not sure it really does anything, and steer the tank straight up towards the bunker. You completely ignore the winding switch back road and instead slam straight into the hill between each section of road, ramping up it and bypassing large sections of the road with sick ass tank jumps.  You land after the second of these, everyone bouncing around the tank cabin like marbles in a tin can, and cut right to continue up the hill. There are trees between you and the last machinegun nest for the moment, but you should pass them soon. 

To your left a tree detonates as either an RPG or recoilless rifle round slams into it, and above you the cloud spike drifts past.  It glides over you and further up the hill before unleashing a burst of concentrated electrical power that explodes some part of the hill further up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

  • Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2420 on: July 31, 2018, 12:26:42 pm »

Continue helping Denver get out of his tomb.


Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
Logged


Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Strider03

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2421 on: July 31, 2018, 05:04:36 pm »

Continue Cackling, and move to the tank machinegun, and start to look around for Nazis to shoot on the ground as we get closer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant.
But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

Redjive_Industries

  • Bay Watcher
  • I am most definitely a madman with a box.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2422 on: July 31, 2018, 07:19:50 pm »

Guess those were the AP shells... I mean, I totally knew what shell I was loading!
Grab another AP shell, load it, and then stretch out my legs and brace myself inside of the tank while I check my guns to see if their loaded. obviously I won't be touching any of my guns until I am certain that I'm braced. roll to see if I noticed the Panzerfaust/schreck shell that just whizzed over us
((nice Drive Me Closer meme)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 06:13:44 am by Redjive_Industries »
Logged
SigText!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg7826888#msg7826888
My good man, please, where is your spirit for adventure!
(Buried in rubble deep underground somewhere, I reckon.)

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2423 on: July 31, 2018, 08:13:28 pm »

"Two down, one to go! Reload! Alice, mind the lightning! Good driving!

Simon? You killed them all with the knife I gave you? We do make a good team, somehow, ahahahahah."


Edreadies to fire on the last nest as soon as it's in view and he has a good shot, and the cannon is loaded.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

  • Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2424 on: July 31, 2018, 08:23:46 pm »

"Radio, thanks friend! Let me know when to help you push."

Help Radio dig me out.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Logged
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • D'yeh feel that stirrin', longfriends?
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2425 on: July 31, 2018, 10:54:51 pm »

"DON'T FUCKIN CARE SUPERIOR GERMAN ENGINEERING COMING THROUGH CANT STOP THIS SHIT WITH SOME WEAK ASS LIGHTNING WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE FUCKIN NAZIS MANIPULATING THE LAWS OF PHYSICS LIKE YOU THINK THATS AN EFFECTIVE WEAPON ILL SHOW YOU AN EFFECTIVE WEAPON YOU SHITS SURPRISE ITS TANK TREADS UP YOUR FUCKING ASSHOLES HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW BITCHES COME ON JUST TRY AND STOP ME IM FUCKING UNSTOPPABLE YOU BETTER PREPARE FOR THE STORM MAGGOTS THE STORM THAT SNUFFS OUT YOUR PATHETIC LITTLE NAZI CULTIST LIVES IM COMING FOR YOU MOTHERFUCKERS IM GONNA RAM THIS WHOLE FUCKING CHUNK OF DUMBASS GERMAN STEEL RIGHT INTO YOUR FUCKING FORT AND SHATTER IT INTO A MILLION PIECES YOU THINK THIS IS FUCKING FUNNY YOURE GONNA TAKE IT A LOT MORE SERIOUSLY WHEN I RUN YOU DOWN AND SEND YOU STRAIGHT DOWN TO HELL YEAH HOW YOU LIKE THAT BITCHES JUST SATAN ALL UP IN YOUR ASSHOLE CAUSE THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR BEING A BUNCH OF NAZIS AND ALSO GETTING IN MY WAY YOURE FUCKING DEAD KIDDO"

runnin in the nineties

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Logged
There can be no escape, only victory.

SaberToothTiger

  • Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2426 on: August 01, 2018, 05:08:27 am »

Roar with righteous wrath and charge towards the west entrance, then burninate the shit out of any German I see.

Logged
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

randomgenericusername

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2427 on: August 01, 2018, 08:29:14 am »

If no one else is moving foward, then just go alone and slowly sneak towards the base. Bored of waiting, want to kill something.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
Logged
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2428 on: August 01, 2018, 04:26:30 pm »

Go around behind the bunker. If it looks like I won’t be in the line of fire from the bunker, start to climb up. From where I am, how hard does it seem like it would be to sneak up on an opening?
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Logged
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

  • Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2429 on: August 02, 2018, 01:57:02 am »

Simon just sort of dully stares at Alice as the pilot gives her mad rant, surprised by her sudden aggression.  The shock only lasts a few seconds before he breaks out in a wide smile and resumes encouraging the crew.

"...Yeah, what Alice said!  That's the right mood, this monster ain't stopping 'til it's painted red with Nazi blood!  ...Oh!  Sid, grab my legs, keep me in the tank!"

Check the Springfield, make sure it's ready to fire, and wait for the last bunker to get hit.  Then immediately pop out of the commander's hatch and start scanning the surroundings for Nazis with anti tank weapons, take them out before they can fire.  Order the inactive guy to grab Simon's legs and keep him from falling out during the jumps.


Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 228