Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 446246 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2430 on: August 02, 2018, 02:23:43 am »

[I've just noticed that Simon is wearing his gas mask over a beard. Didn't you know that's how Hitler almost died in WW1? Because his gasmask couldn't seal over his enormous mustache? (that's why he had the tiny one, he cut the sides off his mustache after literally holding his breath throughout a gas attack)]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2431 on: August 02, 2018, 10:43:32 am »

Continue helping Denver get out of his tomb.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
"Radio, thanks friend! Let me know when to help you push."

Help Radio dig me out.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
[4,5]
Through a combination of shoves and digging, Radio and Denver manage to clear enough of the debris to get the door open. Honestly most of the effective work was Denver's but we'll let Radio think he was helping.  Denver squeezes out through the small opening they make and dusts himself off, or at least performs the motion in the pouring rain.

Go around behind the bunker. If it looks like I won’t be in the line of fire from the bunker, start to climb up. From where I am, how hard does it seem like it would be to sneak up on an opening?
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
If no one else is moving foward, then just go alone and slowly sneak towards the base. Bored of waiting, want to kill something.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
[5,4]
You both scramble up the hill; its tough going, racing up muddy earth with nothing but weeds and tough grass as handholds but you manage it. The rear of the bunker is half sunken in the hill, just ugly concrete with no real distinguishing features save for a heavy pair of iron doors at the bottom of a short concrete ramp on the left side.

Roar with righteous wrath and charge towards the west entrance, then burninate the shit out of any German I see.

[6]
You run round the corner, Duck low beneath an invisible spray of lead projectiles, and run straight up to the machinegun nest. Its a heavy duty thing, with a moving metal shield to block even the small gap in the concrete; but it still has a gap around the barrel of the gun. You run right up beside the still firing weapon, jam the flamethrower's tip right up against the gap, and open fire in a very literal way. The flame mostly tears in through the hole, though a bit washes back and coats the steel shutter. You hear screaming inside, very muffled, and the gun jerks hard to one side then goes silent.

Continue Cackling, and move to the tank machinegun, and start to look around for Nazis to shoot on the ground as we get closer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You mount the machinegun but sadly there's no nazis visible for the moment. Just trees. Possibly sympathizer trees. You consider opening fire anyways but then decide it would be a waste of ammo destined for nazi bits. You continue your wideband cackling.

Guess those were the AP shells... I mean, I totally knew what shell I was loading!
Grab another AP shell, load it, and then stretch out my legs and brace myself inside of the tank while I check my guns to see if their loaded. obviously I won't be touching any of my guns until I am certain that I'm braced. roll to see if I noticed the Panzerfaust/schreck shell that just whizzed over us
((nice Drive Me Closer meme)

You load another shell and bonk the shooter before wedging yourself in place as best you can. It won't help with all the sudden jerking around that rattles your teeth but it will keep you from being flung across the cabin. Probably.

"Two down, one to go! Reload! Alice, mind the lightning! Good driving!

Simon? You killed them all with the knife I gave you? We do make a good team, somehow, ahahahahah."

Edreadies to fire on the last nest as soon as it's in view and he has a good shot, and the cannon is loaded.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
"DON'T FUCKIN CARE SUPERIOR GERMAN ENGINEERING COMING THROUGH CANT STOP THIS SHIT WITH SOME WEAK ASS LIGHTNING WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE FUCKIN NAZIS MANIPULATING THE LAWS OF PHYSICS LIKE YOU THINK THATS AN EFFECTIVE WEAPON ILL SHOW YOU AN EFFECTIVE WEAPON YOU SHITS SURPRISE ITS TANK TREADS UP YOUR FUCKING ASSHOLES HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW BITCHES COME ON JUST TRY AND STOP ME IM FUCKING UNSTOPPABLE YOU BETTER PREPARE FOR THE STORM MAGGOTS THE STORM THAT SNUFFS OUT YOUR PATHETIC LITTLE NAZI CULTIST LIVES IM COMING FOR YOU MOTHERFUCKERS IM GONNA RAM THIS WHOLE FUCKING CHUNK OF DUMBASS GERMAN STEEL RIGHT INTO YOUR FUCKING FORT AND SHATTER IT INTO A MILLION PIECES YOU THINK THIS IS FUCKING FUNNY YOURE GONNA TAKE IT A LOT MORE SERIOUSLY WHEN I RUN YOU DOWN AND SEND YOU STRAIGHT DOWN TO HELL YEAH HOW YOU LIKE THAT BITCHES JUST SATAN ALL UP IN YOUR ASSHOLE CAUSE THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR BEING A BUNCH OF NAZIS AND ALSO GETTING IN MY WAY YOURE FUCKING DEAD KIDDO"

runnin in the nineties

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
The tank goes squealing around a hair pin turn, somehow drifting on treads, and Alice sings some kind of song that she has no possible ability to know. She can't make any flying leaps here so the tank is forced to follow the road, still hidden from fire by the trees. Ed keeps the turret aimed in the vague direction of the bunker but notices that the machinegun fire has stopped.  The tank drives past a section of forest and hill that have been burnt to ash by  the lightning strike and he gets a glimpse of a man using a flamethrower on the last nest, though he can only see it for a moment before the trees intercept his view again. Up ahead, around the next turn, the lightning has ruined the road and obliterated the trees.

Simon just sort of dully stares at Alice as the pilot gives her mad rant, surprised by her sudden aggression.  The shock only lasts a few seconds before he breaks out in a wide smile and resumes encouraging the crew.

"...Yeah, what Alice said!  That's the right mood, this monster ain't stopping 'til it's painted red with Nazi blood!  ...Oh!  Sid, grab my legs, keep me in the tank!"

Check the Springfield, make sure it's ready to fire, and wait for the last bunker to get hit.  Then immediately pop out of the commander's hatch and start scanning the surroundings for Nazis with anti tank weapons, take them out before they can fire.  Order the inactive guy to grab Simon's legs and keep him from falling out during the jumps.

Ed tells you the last bunker has been hit but no one has a good view of anything for the moment. You still climb half way out, and turn towards the bunker, ready to open fire.

https://imgur.com/a/TVffGc5

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: August 02, 2018, 11:12:43 am »

((trust me when I say that these tanks are actually going pretty fast))
How I picture us rounding the last turn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0sU1qVcVQg

"DEJA VU! I JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE" etc. etc.
Roll to see how inspired I am by Alice's Navy SEAL copypasta epic anti-nazi rant. If inspired enough, doing something brave.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: August 02, 2018, 12:18:18 pm »

Find the door inside, kick it open, look around to find new victims. Then kill them.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: August 02, 2018, 01:33:13 pm »

Continue as before, manning the machinegun, and waiting impatiently.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2435 on: August 02, 2018, 09:30:48 pm »

"Huh. Guess being stuck doing nothing for so long has built up some aggression, yeah? Hehehe..."

You know the drill.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: August 02, 2018, 09:46:51 pm »

Simon ducks back down into the turret for a moment to shut orders at the crew, then he pops back out.

"Keep going, don't slow down!  The lightning cleared us a path, let's charge through and into the heart!  Loady, Ed, might be a good idea to load phosphorus if you've got any, we'll want cover once we're in the middle of them!  Sid, if you let me fly out I'm gonna climb back in here and shove knives into your eyes!"

Keep watching and scanning for enemy infantry with anti tank weapons, and shoot them if seen.  Kick Sid (inactive player) a couple times if he doesn't grab on to Simon, but don't be a coward and retreat inside even if he refuses.  Flip off the thunderclouds above, too, why not?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: August 03, 2018, 01:27:16 am »

"Let's go! Time's wasting!"

Move towards the bunker, aiming to circle around the south to get to the back, staying in cover. Observe to see if it's under heavy guard and if there are any ways in. Drag along Tala's crew if they're not doing anything.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: August 03, 2018, 06:28:48 am »

Keep aiming toward the bunker. Prepare to fire on any machine gun nest that reactivates, or on any threat large enough to justify a tank's interest (say, an apc or a lightning giant).

"What's that cloud doing? if it's standing still over where it fired last, we should probably avoid that spot, you know?"

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: August 03, 2018, 09:16:30 am »

Sneak around to the front side and take a look at the bunker. Take note of current situation.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2440 on: August 03, 2018, 11:28:07 am »

Follow Carolina while sneaking. Can I see any hostiles and entrances to the fort?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: August 04, 2018, 10:28:30 am »

Ack, my post about observing with binoculars for both spotters and a way to get in didn't get through! :'(

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Can we 'magically' be with Carolina and the others? That's what I'd have done; stick with them.
. . .
Currently, if I'm with them, I'd just provide observation for movement, and checking for traps or mines.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: August 04, 2018, 11:01:29 am »

[4,5]
Through a combination of shoves and digging, Radio and Denver manage to clear enough of the debris to get the door open. Honestly most of the effective work was Denver's but we'll let Radio think he was helping.  Denver squeezes out through the small opening they make and dusts himself off, or at least performs the motion in the pouring rain.

So that's the best a 4 on a d6 buys you in this economy eh? "You tried but didn't do much, I guess you were around." Why, back in my day a 4 was plenty! A 4 was good, solid work, could save the day or turn a tide lickety-split! You kids these days don't appreciate the simple rolls in life anymore.

Grump and grumble my way up to Tala dearest, then continue on.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2443 on: August 04, 2018, 01:39:33 pm »

[4,5]

So that's the best a 4 on a d6 buys you in this economy eh? "You tried but didn't do much, I guess you were around." Why, back in my day a 4 was plenty! A 4 was good, solid work, could save the day or turn a tide lickety-split! You kids these days don't appreciate the simple rolls in life anymore.

Grump and grumble my way up to Tala dearest, then continue on.

(with your -2, yes)

You reconnect with Tala's group.

Ack, my post about observing with binoculars for both spotters and a way to get in didn't get through! :'(

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Can we 'magically' be with Carolina and the others? That's what I'd have done; stick with them.
. . .
Currently, if I'm with them, I'd just provide observation for movement, and checking for traps or mines.

Sure. I'll put you where they were at the start of the turn.

Follow Carolina while sneaking. Can I see any hostiles and entrances to the fort?
Sneak around to the front side and take a look at the bunker. Take note of current situation.
You both move around the side of the bunker and peak out around the corner. There's three machinegun nests, now damaged or disabled. The road leads up to a large metal door, the main door of the bunker, but there are other smaller openings around it too, a single door big enough for a man and a few firing slits. Though the machineguns have been taken out, the doors remain closed and you can see people still firing through the slits. Someone Fires a recoilless rifle shot down the hill as you watch.

Find the door inside, kick it open, look around to find new victims. Then kill them.

[2v4]
You sprint towards the door, the little single man door not the big double doors to let trucks and such in, and pass in front of one of the firing slits. Rounds catch you mid step and you go down  into the fresh mud and wet grass, the breath knocked clean out of you. [-2 life] [-1 physical] You're not sure where you're hit, but you know you are. Your entire body throbs dully and you can feel the heat of warm blood against cold water.

"Huh. Guess being stuck doing nothing for so long has built up some aggression, yeah? Hehehe..."

You know the drill.

[2]
You continue on, ignoring the fact that the road ahead is ruined, blackened, and generally not very smart to pass over. You hit it at speed and immediately the wet ashy mud slides like lubricant. The tank's treads lose traction, spinning through mud but gaining no purchase, and the tank slides to the side. It goes off the flat section where the switch back used to be and slides down the hill, smashing sideways through blackened, fragile tree remains before ending up back on the lower section of the road. Even then you continue to slide until you hit the still living trees. The Tank lurches to the side and everyone goes with it, ending up pinned against the wall for a half second before gravity gets them and they fall back to the floor.

Keep aiming toward the bunker. Prepare to fire on any machine gun nest that reactivates, or on any threat large enough to justify a tank's interest (say, an apc or a lightning giant).

"What's that cloud doing? if it's standing still over where it fired last, we should probably avoid that spot, you know?"

[5v3]
You cling to your gun's controls and to your chair, somehow managing to not be thrown about the room during the crash.

((trust me when I say that these tanks are actually going pretty fast))
How I picture us rounding the last turn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0sU1qVcVQg

"DEJA VU! I JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE" etc. etc.
Roll to see how inspired I am by Alice's Navy SEAL copypasta epic anti-nazi rant. If inspired enough, doing something brave.

[5][6]
You are extremely inspired. So inspired that even in the crazy crash that ensues a few moments later, you manage not only to avoid injury but you grab hold of the commander's feet and stop him from being flung from the tank.

Continue as before, manning the machinegun, and waiting impatiently.

[5v3]
Your greatest injury from the crash is a stubbed toe, amazingly.

Simon ducks back down into the turret for a moment to shut orders at the crew, then he pops back out.

"Keep going, don't slow down!  The lightning cleared us a path, let's charge through and into the heart!  Loady, Ed, might be a good idea to load phosphorus if you've got any, we'll want cover once we're in the middle of them!  Sid, if you let me fly out I'm gonna climb back in here and shove knives into your eyes!"

Keep watching and scanning for enemy infantry with anti tank weapons, and shoot them if seen.  Kick Sid (inactive player) a couple times if he doesn't grab on to Simon, but don't be a coward and retreat inside even if he refuses.  Flip off the thunderclouds above, too, why not?

As the tank goes sideways, literally and metaphorically, you feel someone grab your upper legs. You kind of lose track of things in the next few terrifying seconds of crashing and sliding but after everything is done you have a very sore pelvis from bouncing around in the doorway, and you are still in the tank. On the tank? You're not out of the tank. Except the top half of you. Hm.

https://i.imgur.com/1RkgUVj.png

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: August 04, 2018, 02:00:44 pm »

(with your -2, yes)
((Yeah, I know.))

Onward to that blasted bunker, so we can blast that bunker!

If we reach close somewhere this turn, lob a nade inside whatever bunker slit where gunfire is still coming from. Or not, if Tala has another job for me.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 228