Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 442663 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2445 on: August 04, 2018, 02:53:33 pm »

Fuck you, bunch of pansy lightning isn't stopping me.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2446 on: August 04, 2018, 03:22:28 pm »

Smile warmly and fire a stream of warm fire into the warm firing hole. Improvise a song about this very moment. Apply first aid to my shot-up ass.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: August 04, 2018, 03:31:55 pm »

Simon climbs back inside the tank, and seals the hatch.  He then leans against a wall and rubs his forehead, clearly dizzy.

"Fwaa, ahehe, that was fun!  We gotta get back up there though, Alice, maybe you and Ed should swap seats?  Or, no, I can't do any shooting over that terrain so I'll just help you myself!  Outta the way, Loady!"

Climb back into the tank, and seal the hatch, then go lean over Alice's seat and 'help' her drive.  By excitedly pointing at the viewport, and shout orders at her continually.  Don't touch anything, that's not the commander's job, just excitedly command her to touch things!  Don't be too mean when Simon thinks she's touching the wrong thinga (not that he knows what any of it does), just tell her what she should have done.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: August 04, 2018, 03:46:20 pm »

Probably would be better if I drove at this point. Don't look lke we need to worry so much about shooting things, what with the nests taken out. Could always shoot the clouds, I guess

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: August 04, 2018, 04:35:19 pm »

"Might as well try, it couldn't hurt!  Us, I mean, if we're lucky you could hurt the clouds.  Hey Alice, what d'ya bet they've got one of those fancy cloud-drawing planes flying around up there, aiming the lightning gun?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: August 04, 2018, 05:02:52 pm »

"25 GLORY on it just bein' a cloud."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: August 04, 2018, 05:15:18 pm »

Sneak along the front of the bunker. Ask the radio if maybe he could ask the tank to target the door.
Also, what direction is the wind blowing?

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 04:10:14 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: August 04, 2018, 05:50:30 pm »

(dammit Lupanian I was just about to say something along those lines) "Try not to fall out of the tank again sir. Hey, Ed, once we see the door, if you see any muzzle flashes through those firing slits, the AP should take 'em out. Sir, with your permission, I would advise NOT firing through the door until we see what's behind it, or have Carolina or Denver or someone blow them open. There might be a tank on the other side, and I don't want to be stuck reloading while said tank which may or may not exist shoots at us.

Roll to see how well I convince Simon. He's a bit bloodthirsty, so he might not listen to me.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: August 04, 2018, 07:50:02 pm »

"Alice you maniac! Drive better! We need to go closer so that we can kill them!"

Nurse stubbed toe, and continue to man this blasted machinegun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: August 04, 2018, 08:13:22 pm »

"YOU fucking drive better, cocksucker!"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: August 04, 2018, 09:33:17 pm »

Missed me, PW. :(
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: August 05, 2018, 07:04:33 am »

"Settle down children."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: August 05, 2018, 10:23:32 am »

You both move around the side of the bunker and peak out around the corner. There's three machinegun nests, now damaged or disabled. The road leads up to a large metal door, the main door of the bunker, but there are other smaller openings around it too, a single door big enough for a man and a few firing slits. Though the machineguns have been taken out, the doors remain closed and you can see people still firing through the slits. Someone Fires a recoilless rifle shot down the hill as you watch.
Tala remembered a story by Edward about how his trap-setting resoundingly, probably, saved the ship that held generally everyone at the time of what seemed to be prototypical testing of this 'storm'. Technically, she remembered more of the rain and weather than anything else, but seeing as these 'doors' were part of the bunker, it would seem to be a one-way exit from this point.

Perhaps she could help?

Begin rigging a trap if those doors would open using any equipment in my inventory (like gas grenades?); if that would be a horrible idea, alongside just blocking those doors, proceed with Carolina. If rigging or blocking the doors isn't a good idea, go with Carolina and ready silenced pistol.

Re-equip silenced pistol, and try to aid in supporting the attack if I can. Nobody expects a very close quarters flank, maybe?

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: August 05, 2018, 10:28:38 am »

Keep aiming toward the bunker. Prepare to fire on any machine gun nest that reactivates, or on any threat large enough to justify a tank's interest (say, an apc or a lightning giant).

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: August 05, 2018, 11:30:15 am »

"Sir, with your permission, I would advise NOT firing through the door until we see what's behind it, or have Carolina or Denver or someone blow them open. There might be a tank on the other side, and I don't want to be stuck reloading while said tank which may or may not exist shoots at us.

"That's a really good point, thanks for the suggestion.  Alice!  When we get up there, ram the doors at full speed; we'll smash through to surprise them, and have a fully loaded cannon ready to destroy whatever's on the other side!
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 228