Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 183116 times)

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2460 on: August 05, 2018, 12:09:39 pm »

"Oh, this is going to go horrifically. Probably for us, but possibly also for the Nazis."

Redjive_Industries

  • Bay Watcher
  • I am most definitely a madman with a box.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2461 on: August 05, 2018, 01:17:44 pm »

"I guess... I guess that works too. I really think we should try blowing them off with explosives first sir."
Logged
SigText!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg7826888#msg7826888
My good man, please, where is your spirit for adventure!
(Buried in rubble deep underground somewhere, I reckon.)

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • Doubt my reality? Feel my flame.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2462 on: August 05, 2018, 01:58:16 pm »

"I like this plan. I think this is a good plan."

randomgenericusername

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2463 on: August 05, 2018, 05:51:38 pm »

Slowly advance towards the fort and try to find an alternate entrance that isn't the main one.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
Logged
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2464 on: August 06, 2018, 08:06:19 am »

"Can't go wrong with explosives! Yo ucan go left, right, backward, forward, up down, and all around, but you can't go wrong!"

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2465 on: August 06, 2018, 01:02:54 pm »

Slowly advance towards the fort and try to find an alternate entrance that isn't the main one.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
You are at the bunker.  And have already seen a back entrance. Not last turn but the one before that.



Smile warmly and fire a stream of warm fire into the warm firing hole. Improvise a song about this very moment. Apply first aid to my shot-up ass.

[1]
You squeeze the trigger on your flame thrower and hear the unmistakable sound of a backburn; the flame traveling back and into the fuel canister. Oh poo.



Quote
(with your -2, yes)
((Yeah, I know.))

Onward to that blasted bunker, so we can blast that bunker!

If we reach close somewhere this turn, lob a nade inside whatever bunker slit where gunfire is still coming from. Or not, if Tala has another job for me.



Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
[1]
You lean out and throw a grenade at the nearest firing slit in the bunker. The grenade sails easily over to the hole, bounces off the edge, then the other edge, and comes rebounding straight towards you.

"Fug"

Sneak along the front of the bunker. Ask the radio if maybe he could ask the tank to target the door.
Also, what direction is the wind blowing?

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
The radio man radios your request in.

The wind is...well the storm is kind of just whipping wind in all directions, gusting one way and then the other. Give it a minute or so and you'll probably get a gust in the direction you want.

Of course Radio just bounced a grenade back in your direction so maybe a minute isn't time you have.


Missed me, PW. :(
Moved you up to the south side of the bunker.

Quote
You both move around the side of the bunker and peak out around the corner. There's three machinegun nests, now damaged or disabled. The road leads up to a large metal door, the main door of the bunker, but there are other smaller openings around it too, a single door big enough for a man and a few firing slits. Though the machineguns have been taken out, the doors remain closed and you can see people still firing through the slits. Someone Fires a recoilless rifle shot down the hill as you watch.
Tala remembered a story by Edward about how his trap-setting resoundingly, probably, saved the ship that held generally everyone at the time of what seemed to be prototypical testing of this 'storm'. Technically, she remembered more of the rain and weather than anything else, but seeing as these 'doors' were part of the bunker, it would seem to be a one-way exit from this point.

Perhaps she could help?

Begin rigging a trap if those doors would open using any equipment in my inventory (like gas grenades?); if that would be a horrible idea, alongside just blocking those doors, proceed with Carolina. If rigging or blocking the doors isn't a good idea, go with Carolina and ready silenced pistol.

Re-equip silenced pistol, and try to aid in supporting the attack if I can. Nobody expects a very close quarters flank, maybe?



Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
You equip the silenced pistol.

Now, as to rigging that explosive you could do it but doing so would require moving past a currently in use firing slit so...it would be pretty dangerous.



Fuck you, bunch of pansy lightning isn't stopping me.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Simon climbs back inside the tank, and seals the hatch.  He then leans against a wall and rubs his forehead, clearly dizzy.

"Fwaa, ahehe, that was fun!  We gotta get back up there though, Alice, maybe you and Ed should swap seats?  Or, no, I can't do any shooting over that terrain so I'll just help you myself!  Outta the way, Loady!"

Climb back into the tank, and seal the hatch, then go lean over Alice's seat and 'help' her drive.  By excitedly pointing at the viewport, and shout orders at her continually.  Don't touch anything, that's not the commander's job, just excitedly command her to touch things!  Don't be too mean when Simon thinks she's touching the wrong thinga (not that he knows what any of it does), just tell her what she should have done.


(dammit Lupanian I was just about to say something along those lines) "Try not to fall out of the tank again sir. Hey, Ed, once we see the door, if you see any muzzle flashes through those firing slits, the AP should take 'em out. Sir, with your permission, I would advise NOT firing through the door until we see what's behind it, or have Carolina or Denver or someone blow them open. There might be a tank on the other side, and I don't want to be stuck reloading while said tank which may or may not exist shoots at us.

Roll to see how well I convince Simon. He's a bit bloodthirsty, so he might not listen to me.


[6,4]
Simon climbs back down into the tank and glowers  over Alice's shoulder while  she gets the tank moving again. Simon leans close and whispers in her ear.

"Don't touch that thing."

"That's the throttle"

"Don't."

"I'm ignoring you."

Alice guides the tank back up the hill and over to the ashy slick. She pushes the throttle to the max and then angles the tank up the hill, so that the tank will fight against the downward slide of the hill. She hits that slick area at top speed and goes sailing across it, only picking up speed on the slippery surface. The tank crosses the burnt out area and then continues forward, sliding down the road, past the turn and straight into a tree. This time it isn't going as fast as before, so the crash is more of a bonk and less of a smash.

Simon bends down and whispers "Told you~"

"Sir." Tobeis says, "Just saying we might not want to fire on the door."

[6v6]

"I'll take that under advisement, whoever the heck you are." Simon says, nodding at no one in particular.


The Lupanian

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2466 on: August 06, 2018, 01:11:21 pm »

Get out of dodge ASAP
And it was going so well
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Logged
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Redjive_Industries

  • Bay Watcher
  • I am most definitely a madman with a box.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2467 on: August 06, 2018, 01:26:50 pm »

((RIP Belgian guy.))
"That was me, Toby, Simon." bet you a shekel that in-character he would call me 'me-Toby'
check our inventory of shells and be ready to load another AP shell really really fast. OOC I remember a great technique for using AP against infantry, roll to see if I might have seen it before IC

Logged
SigText!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg7826888#msg7826888
My good man, please, where is your spirit for adventure!
(Buried in rubble deep underground somewhere, I reckon.)

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • Doubt my reality? Feel my flame.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2468 on: August 06, 2018, 01:32:59 pm »

"Very helpful, Simon."

Onwards. Again.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Strider03

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2469 on: August 06, 2018, 01:33:37 pm »

"See, that's how it's done, Alice. Bob grinned, knowing that it was his encouragement that had caused them to make it up the hill.

"I'm gonna try to shoot people now."

Assuming no orders by Simon to the contrary, start shooting at stuff. Slits in the bunker, if we're nearby, people in the fort. (I'm not really certain where we are exactly now.) But if there don't seem to be Nazis around, or people shooting at us, shoot at the clouds as Simon recommended. Just a little.
((obviously he's going to call you "no-toby-simon"))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 02:27:08 pm by Strider03 »
Logged
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant.
But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2470 on: August 06, 2018, 02:06:27 pm »

SaberToothTiger

  • Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2471 on: August 06, 2018, 05:58:29 pm »

Throw the canister into the bunker and jump aside to cover. Then bandage my ass when I'm safe.


Logged
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Radio Controlled

  • Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2472 on: August 06, 2018, 06:47:24 pm »

Duck and cover?

"DUCK AND COVER!"

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
Logged


Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2473 on: August 07, 2018, 06:39:23 am »

"We're not out of the woods yet, you guys." Ed deadpans, peering through the firing slit.
'There's a tree, like, right there. We should go the other way now."

Ed lights a cigarette and smokes, while continuing to aim at the bunker, or in the bunker's general direction, ready to fire at the first sign of trouble. Well, troule that could pose a significant threat to the tank. I am not talking about loose grenades and exploding flamethrowers here.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

syvarris

  • Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2474 on: August 07, 2018, 02:29:49 pm »

"Okay, sure, Loady.  And yeah, it's awesome 'to be' me, but focus on the loading, not your creepy fantasies!  Ed, I want you to fire on the first non-door Nazi thing you see once we've crested the hill, Loady, make sure there's another shell ready right after!  Alice, forget what I said about the throttle, you did great; do it again, but this time into the Nazis!"  ((*syvarris collects his shekel from Redjive))

Continue assisting Alice, steering her into steering us into another high-speed crash--but this time, preferably into something useful.   Like a reinforced door into the Nazi compound.  We're in a tank, tanks are like the final stage of battering ram evolution!  And battering rams are the bane of doors!


Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 228